Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > Canadian Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

Canadian Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in Canada

Freestyle Forum: Stevie B. COncert November 11th...

Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 PM
CF Member

djluigi1985 is on a distinguished road
Stevie B. COncert November 11th...

hey everyone... can't wait till Stevie returns to Toronto... just wanted to know if hes going to do a meet and greet after the show or maybe b4.... i really wanna get a hold of his new album...

Old 11-04-2005, 06:58 PM
CF Member

TOURBOSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by djluigi1985
hey everyone... can't wait till Stevie returns to Toronto... just wanted to know if hes going to do a meet and greet after the show or maybe b4.... i really wanna get a hold of his new album...
I believe you are gonna be in luck. From what I understand, there will be some sort of meet & greet.
Can't wait to get back to Toronto!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 03:55 AM
CF Member

AWesome... THis will be after the show right? is there anyway i can get a picture taken with him? i met him b4 i did not have my camera...
Old 11-06-2005, 05:33 AM
CF Member

Quote:
AWesome... THis will be after the show right? is there anyway i can get a picture taken with him? i met him b4 i did not have my camera...
I'm sure we can make it happen
Old 11-07-2005, 08:25 PM
CF Member

TBomb is on a distinguished road
You can definitely get Stevie's new album at the show... there is a prize giveaway on z103.5 too... the grand prize includes 2 VIP passes, an autograph Stevie B CD, autograph Stevie B DVD, autograph Zoe CD, a chance to meet Stevie B backstage and a chance to meet Zoe backstage. Listen to z103.5 for your chance to win !!!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:06 AM
CF Freestyler

Scott
Working Friday and Saturday or I'd make the road trip...have fun, all! :cool
Old 11-08-2005, 01:19 PM
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Working Friday and Saturday or I'd make the road trip...have fun, all! :cool
Scott you are a true fan and we know if you could make it you would. We've got plenty more shows, we're sure that we'll see you at one of those!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:02 PM
CF Member

Hey tourboss, the thing is they won't let you bring in cameras i just checked... i hope i can still get the pic LOl... its gonna be a great show i cannot wait...
Old 11-10-2005, 05:05 AM
CF Member

Quote:
Hey tourboss, the thing is they won't let you bring in cameras i just checked... i hope i can still get the pic LOl... its gonna be a great show i cannot wait...
Wow, I didn't know that. That's too bad. Well get ready for a great show anyway!!!!!!!
Stevie and the crew will be in Toronto in 24hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:52 PM
New To CF

Lexie
Quote:

Hey...who told you no cameras? If this is true, it sucks big time!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:41 PM
CF Member

drakkar 4 life is on a distinguished road
so who is going to this? im serious contemplating
Old 11-11-2005, 11:42 AM
CF Member

No problems with digital cameras... you can bring them in.. NO VIDEO or AUDIO RECORDING is permitted...

See you all tonight...

FYI - ticket sales are going like crazy... it is going to be absolutely packed tonight !!!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:49 PM
CF Member

Well i read it on the ticketmaster website... wasnt sure

is there a guestlist... how does the 19+ thing work

any dress code?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:25 PM
CF Member

No dress code has been specified, pretty much dress to impress for most people there. 19+ has a separate licensed area (Tides Lounge).

For Guest List (which is Line-By Pass, send me an email before 4:00pm with your name and # of people coming with you)

[email protected]
Old 11-12-2005, 02:55 PM
CF Member

I Went to the concert last night... It was good to see Stevie B. perform again but i wasnt expecting him to only perform 5 songs.... Also i didnt get my chance to buy his new cd or dvd... Maybe next time... Overall it was a pretty good night...
Old 11-13-2005, 03:38 AM
Honorary CF Member

1sxychica is on a distinguished road
how were the others? any more people went?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:21 PM
CF Member

Speaking for Stevie and myself, we just want to say thanx again to the great crowd that came to the Docks last Friday for the show. As always the crowd was great and incredibly enthusiastic. We always love doing shows in Toronto.
Also we just wanted to thank the promoter Trieu who was great to work with. We do shows all the time and deal with promoters some good,some bad and I have to say that Trieu was great!! Anything that we needed he had for us and we had no complaints. Trieu as a promoter was great and as a promoter he is the ultimate profesional and I will let all the artists that we work with know that if you are hired for a show by Trieu, you will be treated exactly the way an artist should be treated.
Hopefully we'll be doing more shows together with True Blue Promotions. So to everyone out there, when you here about the next True Blue event, get your tickets early because from what I know, there is going to be a MONSTER of an event coming soon so stay tuned.

for more info and to book Stevie B email: [email protected]
Old 11-14-2005, 09:01 PM
CF Member

I just want to ask the question... Is there anyway i can get a hold of his new cd and dvd... i've been waiting for years now... Let me know please and thank you

Also i did go to the show like i mentioned b4 and yes there was a decent crowd and an energetic crowd, but standing there as a true Stevie B. fan and a freestyle fan, i felt completly out of place... I would never ever say something if i truly did not have reasoning, but in this case, the people who are not die hard freestyle fans and could not even give you the name of more than 3 other freestyle artists enjoyed when he sang Spring Love and that was that. There is no way he can feel the support of the true freestyle fans if the only people who turn out to see him are people who do not appreaciate many of his songs and not just one of them. So i am dissapointed not with Stevie B. because he sings his heart out everytime, but with the real fans who do not show their support. I have been to previous shows b4, where it seemed like rows behind me had their hands up and were singing along, this time around, this was not the case. I might be totally off the mark with what i said, but i trully know that Stevie B. noticed the lack of true fans he usually sees in Toronto because, i know i did...
Old 11-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Honorary CF Member

1sxychica is on a distinguished road
^^^ that sucks.. tells u something about the new generation huh
Old 11-15-2005, 01:14 AM
CF Member

Its the truth though... And with Stevie B. returning again shortly, i just hope they can somehow attract the older crowds and maybe they should partner him up with the Cover Girls or Timmy T (for example), older acts that will attract a certain audience... Or maybe just do a string of 19+ shows...
Old 11-15-2005, 01:16 AM
CF Member

I Think if they bring in Freestyle artists who have not been to Toronto in a very long time would attract more people from all over ontario...
Old 11-15-2005, 03:15 AM
CF Member

I totally understand what you are saying. I believe the organizers of this show opened it up to all ages an thought that would be the best move but it didnt exactly turn out like that. I think that older fans, and way I say "older" I mean the usually 25+ crowd usually don't attend all ages shows so I believe that kept many away. But hopefully the next time, the show will be an even bigger success than this last one.
And I agree that Stevie should come back with another group such as The Covergirls. We do shows together all the time and with a combination like that, this will be a show to remember!!!!!!
Just tell the promoter (Trieu) who you want to see. Give him your ideas and suggestions. He's a great guy and listens to what the fans want because after all, you are the ones buying the tickets! I guarantee you that he's reang this post.
Again, thanx Toronto, can't wait to get back!

For more info and to book Stevie B email:[email protected]
Old 11-15-2005, 10:56 PM
CF Member

I just wanna say one more thing... it's not Stevie B., because he can attract the crowds by himself, but to make it an even better experience, i think it is important to go back to the format of the previous concerts like the Original Freestyle Rush in Toronto with Joee, Stevie B, Lil Suzy etc. And as you said he does perform with these other bands, so its time Toronto brings back the covergirls, timmy t, johhny o, cynthia, lisa lisa and people who havent been in Toronto since i can remember... And it seriously does not help when a certain radio station has cut back freestyle airplay in order to appeal to the "New Generation" of listeners... I think toronto needs an all dance radio station who would promote concerts like this till the whole world knows... I hope a few more people read this and feel the same way i do... More big acts like Stevie B. need to Toronto and back him up so it is not a repeat of friday night, if not, then promoters should stick with doing only 19+ shows...

Ps: Tourboss can i get a hold on his new cd/dvd?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:53 AM
CF Member

What would be great is if a promoter from Toronto would book The Freestyle Explosion Tour up there. You'd have all the big acts, Stevie B, Lisa Lisa, The Covergirls, Sugarhill Gang, Debbie Deb, Shannon and more. These acts are the big draws and are the groups that the true freestyle fans want to see. As I said before, we love Toronto and would like to make it back there again. If anyone has an idea on how to get the ball rolling, please let me know and we'll make it happen.

for more info and to book Stevie B email: [email protected]
Old 11-16-2005, 09:26 PM
CF Member

That would be a good idea...

Tourboss i m gonna bug you again... is there a way to order Stevie B's dvd and or cd online... i went on ebay and his cd is going for 36 american....