Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in America

Freestyle Forum: Is Stevie B The King Of Freestyle?
View Poll Results: is stieve b the king of freestyle
He is 45 43.27%
He is not 59 56.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2004, 12:35 AM
New To CF

six2night is on a distinguished road
Stevie B is the king of freestyle.......

www.caleb-b.com

Old 10-22-2004, 07:40 AM
New To CF

misteyeninja is on a distinguished road
I always thought that George Lamond was the king of freestyle... cause he came back with a spanish album of all his freestyle hits. I also think that Coro and Johnny O also are kings of freestyle. As for the group, TKA, thats all we hear in NY, from clubs, parades, festivals, parties, everywhere. But as for Stevie B, we only hear the main hit like Spring Love.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:33 AM

hear say is on a distinguished road
stevie b is not the king nor will he ever be.. yeah had some good songs but not all of them were like that... Now johnny o, coro, george lamond they fall into that category of the kings as well as willie valentin....
Old 10-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

Caleb-B is on a distinguished road
Well if your talking about King Of Freestyle, Meaning your Favorite Male Vocalists, Then I guess theres No Right or wrong Answer.....But If your talking about whos sold the most units, sold out the most shows, who has the biggest shows, gets the most Radio play COAST TO COAST, and has more fame and credibility in Different Contrys of the world.......And has made more then 2 or 3 Freestyle Albums.......uhhhhh Its Stevie B, Like it or not. The Facts dont lie.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:48 PM
CF Freestyler

Unique_Freestyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo3211
I've just gone through the major hits for these 3 artists. I'd have to say that even though George Lamond may have more hits, it can be said that Stevie B or Johnny O's songs were greater hits. I think the one thing most everyone can agree on is that there is a list of only these 3 people that could belong to the title, "Kings of Freestyle". No one else comes close to these 3 legends in the amount of hits and impact they had on freestyle. I'd say these 3 should be the official "Kings of Freestyle".

George Lamond
1 Bad of the Heart
2 Distant Heart
3 It's Always You
4 Look into My Eyes
5 More Than Words Can Say
6 Where Does That Leave Love
7 Without You

Johhny O
1 Dreamboy/Dreamgirl
2 Fantasy Girl
3 Highways of Love
4 Memories
5 Runaway Love

Stevie B
1 Because I Love You
2 Dreamin' of Love
3 I Wanna Be the One
4 In My Eyes
5 Party Your Body
6 Spring Love
VERY GOOD POINT!!!!
I've been thinking about this question for a while, and although I respect this artist and love his music, and I hear and see that he is the headliner for almost every huge freestyle event, I do not think :stevieb is the King of Freestyle. I realy believe that Stevie B got blessed entering Freestyle at a very perfect time. Timing is everything in this music industry, Although I don't really think there is so called "King" of this genre, because it's a strong massive word, My hats go off to George Lamond :georgelam . I really think he has made a huge impact on the Freestyle Industry. He has the Charisma , looks, and the passion for the music. I can't forget about Johnny O :johnnyo and groups such as Spanish Fly and TKA :tka and many many many more.

BRINGING FREESTYLE BACK TO THE STREETS AND SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

Old 10-25-2004, 04:59 AM
New To CF

CuTTingEdg3_NJ
Coro=greatest of all time
Old 12-14-2004, 02:49 AM
New To CF

fswlo is on a distinguished road
Talking

Steve B might be concidered The King of Freestyle, of the 1980s.

but to me, GEORGE LAMOND will always be 'The King of Freestyle.'

Johnny O is definitally up there with Stevie B. they all rule, that's for sure. I think that Johnny O and Stevie B can be concidered among the kings of freestyle.....

.....I'm just a bit biased towards George LaMond because 'Bad of The Heart' and 'Where Does That Leave Love' will always be my favorite freestyle songs

Freestyle Will Live On! ^__^
Old 12-14-2004, 05:57 AM
New To CF

LeeMiran is on a distinguished road
I like Stevie B.' s better stuff - Party Your Body, Dreamin' Of Love, Spring Love. But, to me he's not the King. I think that title may belong to someone like Coro or Johnny O. A lot have you have mentioned George Lamond, but it's hard to say he was the King, because he came on to the scene later than those previously mentioned.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:51 PM
New To CF

boriqua101 is on a distinguished road
I love his music, but I would have to go with Johnny O.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Honorary CF Member

Enigma will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

The REAL King of Freestyle is no other than Johnny O.

-antonio
Old 12-18-2004, 10:12 PM
The Gay Lord of Freestyle

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
For me it's a toss up between George LaMond and Stevie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle4ever
TKA would definately be the king(s) group of freestyle. Hey that could be another poll. Who is the best group of all time?

TKA for sure.
TKA......they are great, but I go with girl power.....the best would be Sweet Sensation.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:05 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Delicious,D
I believe George LaMond to be a better over all artist, but not always being better makes you the all time most popular Freestyle artist.

Just by seeing the last two years of touring you can honestly see how much more Mr. Stevie B is still in demand, not only is Stevie B the only Freestyle that can still pack Arena across the US, but is the only artist that still Tours in to other countries year after year.

about 4 years ago I had access to soundscan, and the last time I checked record sells, Stevie B was moving like 800 copies per week. That speaks alot of a catalog artist I think?

Stevie Broke Down many Doors for Freestyle. Is he the Best Freestyle artist ever? No! Is He the King Of Freestyle? YES!!

P.E.ace
Old 12-27-2004, 04:15 AM
CF Freestyler

tarp is an unknown quantity at this point
To me, the real KINGS of freestyle are the producers who make the music and keep it alive to this day. Willie Valentin, Glenn Gutierrez, Chris Phillips, Adam Marano, and every other producer - you guys are the kings.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:13 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Delicious,D
You know... I really could don't agree with you more! The Prodocers make the magic happen. Infact, most of the time I never buy music by artist name, but my the producer name.

The producer makes the artist sound good!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Honorary CF Member

Enigma will become famous soon enough
I was shopping today in Knickerbocker ave and in a store I was shopping at they were playing StevieB. Made me wonder about this thread hehe

-ant
Old 12-29-2004, 12:56 AM

Any One want the answer to this Mystery? All you got to do is DEFINE KING. The answer will come clear.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:56 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: hudson county new jersey union city. odessy high school dances. then tribecas extremes for freestyle.
rbonuc29 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dood i dont know how anybody can call that guy the king of freestyle,.,he made bubble gum,. love songs,.,

even when his stuff was in it's peek you could nt blast it on the strip,.. the only thing that dood made you can blast on the strip,.maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe,.,.

is party your body,.,. and i think they'd still laugh at you in 88 if your blasting that stuff,.,. in any strip,..,here it was bergerline,.,.ave in union city.,.,

Na that guy the king of freestyle i dont see it,.,. now judy torres,.,. Tka george lamond,. etc,.

im going by blast ability,.. meaning what you can play loud on a summer day,..,., in july in whatever is your local strip,.,.

im sorry you play stevie b loud,..,in '88 people would have chuckled at least around here,.

now Tka Johhny O judy torres,.,. just the beats to their songs you can blast,.,.let alone

there singing,.,.

I just dont know how anybody can call stevie b king of freestyle,.., with all the other artists we know of.

the more i think about it stevei b was good to hear on a beach,..,with freinds,., or pool party

but to blast,.?,.,. or to dance too,.,.?? mildy at best,..,,.

and im streching.,,..,,.it,.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:04 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: hudson county new jersey union city. odessy high school dances. then tribecas extremes for freestyle.
also another thing,.,.

one thing people dont notice,..,,. but i do cuase i got political streak runs down my body,..,.,llol,.,.., Freestyle good freestyle or the best freestyle,.,.., is belive it or not polarizing,.,.

it takes a stand on something,.,.it's a song,.,.about,., something,.,. but the best freestyle songs make you take a stand on something?

Wondering,.,. you never find love,.,. scars of love,.,. etc,.

they make decide something or they make you choose a side if you will,.,., the girl or the guy in the song,.,.

freestyle in itself,..,the best type,.,.can be polarizing,.,. meaning you take a side ,..,

in the song,.,.,.

stevie b ,..,,. dosnt create that,.,.,.,..,llloll,..,

in fact the best freestyle,..,makes you feel like your in the middle of the relationship there singing about,.,.,. Tka George La mond,.,. judy torres,..,

comm on? do you think stevie B creates that??

or makes you feel that?

i mean when you hear Tka or judy torres gaorge la mond,.

you feel your right in the middle of arguement,.,.lol,.,.beteen the chick and the guy,.,.lol,.,.

do you think stevie b creates,..,that

if he did it be news to me,.,.

,.lol,.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:05 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Gornicevo is an unknown quantity at this point
I never thought I would ever hear freestyle described as "political" and "polarizing". LOL
Old 01-02-2005, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbonuc29
dood i dont know how anybody can call that guy the king of freestyle,.,he made bubble gum,. love songs,.,

even when his stuff was in it's peek you could nt blast it on the strip,.. the only thing that dood made you can blast on the strip,.maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe,.,.

is party your body,.,. and i think they'd still laugh at you in 88 if your blasting that stuff,.,. in any strip,..,here it was bergerline,.,.ave in union city.,.,

Na that guy the king of freestyle i dont see it,.,. now judy torres,.,. Tka george lamond,. etc,.

im going by blast ability,.. meaning what you can play loud on a summer day,..,., in july in whatever is your local strip,.,.

im sorry you play stevie b loud,..,in '88 people would have chuckled at least around here,.

now Tka Johhny O judy torres,.,. just the beats to their songs you can blast,.,.let alone

there singing,.,.

I just dont know how anybody can call stevie b king of freestyle,.., with all the other artists we know of.

the more i think about it stevei b was good to hear on a beach,..,with freinds,., or pool party

but to blast,.?,.,. or to dance too,.,.?? mildy at best,..,,.

and im streching.,,..,,.it,.
Heres how Any one can Call him the King...........and Please understand with all do respect
I wasnt speaking out of oppinion, I was speaking out of fact, The numbers dont lie. Numbers being record sales, fans , shows, and world wide credibility. Stevie B has sold 4 Gold records, That means 100,000 or more copys sold per album. George Lamond or TKA hasnt come close.

Now if the question was In your oppinion , who is the king of freestyle...well I guess there would be no wrong or rite answer. But thease are the facts. 4 Gold Records, he is the most popular Male freestyle Artists in The WORLD. From coast to Coast , Germany, Canada, and brazill, Including other parts of south America and Asia. Til this Day he gets more radio Play then George Lamond, and TKA, Performs more, and packs a full house Every time i may add. he may be performing as i type this. Hes in California all the time, and from what I gather from reading around thease web sites hes in FL and NY all the time as well doing shows. The man has 3 Different DVD's circulating at the moment and sold out a show in The Bay area for 8,000 seats. The show was at Paramounts Great America in San Jose, CA and more info on this show is discussed in a interview between him and alaxander Gally In the kings and Queens documentry.

Thease are the Numbers, Thease are the Facts. Some of you may be wondering why Im still posting on this paticular thread, i think ive posted Stevie B like 3 times already. The reason Is this: The answer is rite here in front of you so why not fess up to it already? LOL a question was asked and answered so whats left to talk about? LOL....any other artists listed as king of freestyle is strictly oppinion. the facts are here.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:10 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

,.,.sorry dont think that guy is the king of freestyle,..,., hes the king of something you got me there,.,.,.by the sales,.,. and concerts,.,. but it aint freestyle,.,.

not the freestyle im thinking of,.,. Tka g lamond johnny O.,.,.

hes the king of cross over freestyle.,.,,.,. stuf you can play on any station

but real freestyle.,.,,.

doubt it,..,

either way,.,.who cares hes a very small part of nyc freestyle,..,,. and very small part of nyc freestyle sceene,..,,.

but he was a huge part of the miami freestyle sceene in the 80's

all i can tell you is that hed be lost if a real fast freestyle song came on,..,Stevie B
Because I Love YouDreamin' of Love I Wanna Be the One In My Eyes Party Your Body
Spring Love,.,.

which one of those songs can catch up to scars of love.,,.tanasia.,,.,. wondering,.,..,
judy torrez,..,., fasination.,,.,.

just beats,.,.,.,.which one can catch up to beats?

none!,.

i think the artists,.. from the 80's would have something to say about him the king of freestyle,.,.

now some sort of beat you can play on all radio stations,.,., thats hes king of.,.,

but hard beating freestyle,..,,.,.

hardly,.,.

sorry,.,.

but who cares its a fun topic anyway,..,

i dont remember enough about the 80's to really argue this right. and i dont remember alot about stevei b,.,. cuase when he came ,.,.

i just changed the station,..,.,gotta admit,..,lllllolll,.,.,.

or put on a tape,.,.,. g lamond.,.,,.

im gonna say but i dont know if im right by saying this but its my guess,..,.,,.,.,. based on what i remember,.,.,..

and the moood,,..,

i dont think stevie b was a big part of the nyc "real" freestyle sceene.

but he was everything in miami,.,.,.

i remember one time when i was living in miami in 98,.,.,.i went to boca raton ,.,.,.to this meet market club,..,.,

and he was playing,.,.,. and he sang all his cheeesy songs,.,.., and when he finished.,,.

so many women left,.,.., that there was like 10 girls left in the club,.,.,..,,.,..,lllllolll,.,.,.

and when he started singing there was like 50 .,llllllllllllllolllllllllll.,,,.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:33 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

bassbump is an unknown quantity at this point
Galvatron is right. If you want to call someone king of a category, you have to think outside of the box and look at the global popularity. Stevie B has contionued to sell out crowds and press cds all over the world. His more recent singles "It's so good" and "You are The One" were mega hits OUTSIDE of the USA. A close second would be Adam Marano, as a producer [rather than his own singing in branded projects like Collage, Intonation, TPE and Mr. Bass Feat. Streetstyler (For Germany)] as many people outside of the industry have no clue who Adam is.

Not a lot of people outside of the USA (like us up here in Western Canada) know about other freestyle acts mentionned like Johnny O and Coro by name or by hearing any songs. And, George Lamond's late 90's stint at Robbins did not cross the US border to give him a broader revival.

If you were to ask about the female talent, Lil Suzy, Expose, Sweet Sensation, Cover Girls and Cynthia have had the most GLOBAL exposure with Lil Suzy being in the lead by major margins up to this day.

To conclude, Stevie B is a bonified, established and proven INTERNATIONAL freestyle brand and defnitely the leader in his category.

cheers,

g

Old 01-02-2005, 12:36 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Edalgiere is on a distinguished road
george lamond is better then stevie B when he performs live
Old 01-02-2005, 02:39 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

,.,looook i dont care if people line up from france to listen to the guy,.,.im sure hes a nice person,.,., and not bad at what he does but the beats of his music do not stack up too freestyle period,.,.

now i dont care if 50 people come to tanasia,.,. and 10 come to end more,.,. they still just there beats are better than anything stevie b has ever put out.

the beat,.,

now that steveie b's music appppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeals to a wider audaince great good for him,.,

but freestyle,.,.,. it isnt,.,. and best of freestyle,.,.,.beat wise,.,.,. it never will be,.,.,

sorry,,.

now appealing,,.,.,.,.,.,.i can give you that all day long and on sunday,..

who the heak is that fox at the top of the page that girl in bikini,..,,.,.

que rica esta esa tipa,.,.wow,.,..,

i dont think shes a singer,.,.,.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:11 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Gornicevo is an unknown quantity at this point
I,...,don't mean to,..., bust your balls or anything,...,but what's with,...,the wierd style of,...,posting,...,it's fkin,...,annoying,... :buggin