Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Community Lounge > General Discussion / Community Introductions

Notices

General Discussion / Community Introductions This is the community lounge. Discuss anything other than Freestyle dance music here. If you're new, please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Freestyle Forum: Oh my!!!!! Power outages......

Old 08-15-2003, 07:37 AM
The Gay Lord of Freestyle

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
We got power back in my neighborhood at about 11:00 last night.

Until then, the entire block met at one neighbor's yard, and we ordered pizza, and drank beer and wine, and listened to the radio, and kept an eye on each other and our property.

It was actually kinda fun.

The funniest part, we were in the middle of a religious debate, and one of my neighbors said,

"You've got to have faith. Bad stuff happens to everyone, just keep faith that things will get better."

and as soon as he said that, the power came back. LOL!!!

Old 08-15-2003, 08:05 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

clubfossil is an unknown quantity at this point
:mad OMG...IM AM SO PISSED.. :madLAST NITE WAS THE WORSE..THANK GOD I HAVE A BATTERY OPERATED 5"TV..AND BATTERIES IN MY CD PLAYER..WHEN IS CON ED GONNA UPGRADE THESE POWER STATIONS..LORD KNOWS THEY TAKE ENUFF OF OUR MONEY..I HAVE TO AGREE WITH TAE..THE STARS WERE OUT LAST NITE AND THE ALMOST FULL MOON LOOK AWESOME..:sunshine

Last edited by clubfossil; 08-15-2003 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:38 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

taezee is on a distinguished road
Talking

im sorry everyone i didnt know what that red button was and couldnt resist pushing it!!! oooops!!!! just thank god that it wasnt what we all thought at first..a terrorist attack..and we all behaved..nothing like what happened in 1977..its was a state of controled chaos here on long island..it was actually peacful..i went outside it was so quiet and i looked up and with out any lights the stars were so beautiful with a nice full moon

http://www.myspace.com/taezee
Old 08-15-2003, 08:54 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

sietzsounds is on a distinguished road
hey peeps hope everyone is OK & have their power back on......... ours came back on at 2:00am........ last xmas we spent a certain amount in KBToys & got a battery powered black & white tv for free..... at the time I laughed, but it obviously came in handy!!!!!
I had the day off thank god..... it was a time for the whole family to hang together....... I was telling my kids...... see the things you should be thankful for...... some people in the world have no electricity, no lights, no tv, no radio, no nintendo, no cable, no vcrs, no dvds, and some people in other parts of the world don't even know what any of that is...... so be thankful for what you have........

Sietz
Old 08-15-2003, 09:16 AM
Honorary CF Member

mike4949 is on a distinguished road
I hope Vicky(1sxychica,) and SI Gina is OK. They are in Toronto. Things are so bad there, most of the resident had voulnteered to direct traffic in Downtown. They show the pics of Detroit on MSNBC where the Subway trains are stuck on the bridges.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:27 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

NESSAVA
It was kinda nice late at night, I went out for a walk around my neighborhood and there were a lot of people out at the diners and eating ice cream lol. It was too hot to stay inside. You could see the stars it was so pretty Our power finally came back on at 5am... I just want some cereal now but the milk went bad grr :crap
Old 08-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Honorary CF Member

I was watching MSNBC and CNN a few mins ago. The Federal Gov is telling New England to share powere with NYC, Toronto and Detroit, etc. if needed.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:54 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Pattyg81
glad everyone is doing ok now, just waiting on our Canadian peeps sxychica etc and let us know they are good, I'm sure they are, on the news they are saying to please restore power, maybe that's what they are doing and not getting on their PC's for now...
Chicago, IL
Old 08-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Honorary CF Member

In NYC, I see Newspaper trucks giving people rides to the boroughs and Long Island. And so are peeps on Pick up trucks. Nice NYC peeps in Manhattans. They showed that on CNN
Old 08-15-2003, 10:32 AM

Kenny Guido is on a distinguished road
Well, power went out here on long island at the same time everyone elses did. I was at a site and the homeowner said she had no electricty so i checked her box (Heh, i mean FUSE BOX!) and it was fine but still nothing. My guys are always cutting live wires in the place so it was nothing new. I soon left after that, not knowing the current situation. I went home and my AC was off. I checked the fuses again. nothing went on. I thought dam LIPA shut or power off!!

I finally went to a neighbor and she filled me in on what happened. My bro came home and we fired up the old generator so we would have some electricty. we got the power on at 5am. some parts of long island got thier power back as early as 8pm!!

Diane couldnt make it home so she stayed in a hotel in NYC. She took a bus home and she is here now, safe and sound!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:36 AM

Location: Jersey guy now living in Tampa, Florida The west coast of the east coast of North America.
ColombianHarry is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad to know that you guys back up north have you electricity back.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:38 AM

I cant wait for the cross sound line to get finished!! long island wont depend on juice from upstate anymore!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:47 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Lamatrix is on a distinguished road
shit i was able to get on CF last nite cause it was too slow. maybe cause of the outage. One thing I will say is that I was a determined biatch to get home. I couldn't get thru to no one unless they had a regular phone. everyone that had a cordless or cell phone was assed out. Naya did you get thru to Angie last nite or today? Lucky you were there. Hey they named the storm after my daughter ERica. lol

The Matrix is the world that had been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.. :scatter

ONE OF THE COFOUNDERS OF LLI. [LAS LOCAS INC.] :uzi
GANGSTA MAMA IN DA HOUSE! WHAT!
Old 08-15-2003, 01:54 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

4eVerFreeStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey everyone... HOPE EVERYONE IS OK!!!

I still have NO POWER!!!

I live in Bayonne and parts of Bayonne got their power back last night.

What a horrible night's rest last night.

I was kind of fun though... me and the kids hung out on the porch until it was "bed" time.

Gina
Old 08-15-2003, 02:09 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

aim4night is on a distinguished road
hi everyone. especially my fellow bayonne gals, 4everfreestyle & dreamgirl. i lost complete power as you 2 know. my sister also lost it. she lives in union nj. i called my parents in rahway. they came to get me. my sister's hubby works for the NY stock exchange. he was able to take a ferry to his mom's condo on staten island but had to walk 17 miles. OYE!! we are not sure how he'll get home today since he went back to work. i am home now. my apartment has power except where i plug in my computer. the outlet was from 1940. so i bought an extension cord and am using another outlet. o yeah got the POWER!!

hope u NYc peeps get back online soon.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ~~ METAMORPHIS
Old 08-15-2003, 03:04 PM

Location: Jersey guy now living in Tampa, Florida The west coast of the east coast of North America.
ColombianHarry is an unknown quantity at this point
For some reason that tune from a few years back just popped into my head. "I've got the power".
Old 08-15-2003, 03:31 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

aim4night is on a distinguished road
BTW... my sis's hubby got home by train today. guess it's almost back to normal.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ~~ METAMORPHIS
Old 08-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Honorary CF Member

JOEDOCPA is on a distinguished road
i hope Nina is ok and my other nj and ny peeps . and everyone outisde of ny/nj is ok . i was fine here in philly .
Old 08-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Honorary CF Member

SONYA is on a distinguished road
I FINALLY GOT POWER ALMOST 28HRS LATER WTF AND IT TOOK ME 9HRS TO GET HOME...I ALWAYS DRIVE TO WORK AND YESTERDAY I DIDN'T FOR SOME REASON ARGH...ONLY PARTS OF THE CITY HAVE POWER
Old 08-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Honorary CF Member

LaBettyBoop is on a distinguished road
OHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! I thought I was going to f*cken die in this HEAT! WTF? WHY did all these states lose outage at the same time? We just got power at 6pm today and I went out on my terrace, yelling and screaming like a f*cken LOCA cheering like a wild woman! DAMN I'm spoiled with my Air Conditioner! But my husband is worse than me! I couldn't stand the ice bags in the Beach cooler and thousands of water bottles, tuna fish, bread, sodas, the DARK, the candles, the radio repeating the news, NO COMPUTER and these damn mosquitos that got into my apartment! What a horrible experience! :crap I hope it stays on now!

I WAS HAPPY TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST! :blah
Old 08-15-2003, 09:10 PM

I was in Brooklyn todau and they still dont have electricity!
Old 08-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Honorary CF Member

SONYA is on a distinguished road
Most of the residential parts of Toronto stll don't have same goes for the suburbs...I WAITED OVER 2 HOURS TO FILL MY CAR UP WITH GAS :mad
Old 08-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Honorary CF Member

1sxychica is on a distinguished road
this is crap.. f*cking bullsh*t crap!

i had to take stairs to and from the 11th floor in pitch black with a tiny flash light up to 8 times a day... and NO HOT WATER!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2003, 02:57 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Lamatrix is on a distinguished road
you need hot water mama in this heat? are you ok omg the weather is affecting you. ~sending over a fly papi chulo to cool you off~ lmaoo

this shiat is off da hook. I can't believe this happened. things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

The Matrix is the world that had been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.. :scatter

ONE OF THE COFOUNDERS OF LLI. [LAS LOCAS INC.] :uzi
GANGSTA MAMA IN DA HOUSE! WHAT!
Old 08-16-2003, 03:48 AM
CF Freestyler

Location: Da Bronx, Where Freestyle is Loved...Fossie's Twin Here..
Kalua528104 is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY I FINALLY GOT ELECTRICITY AT ABOUT 440PM 8/15/03....EVERY ONE STARTING SCREAMING OUTSIDE...SO THEN I STARTED SCREAMIN INSIDE..:silly :nahnah LOL........

I COULDNT HAVE BEEN ANY HAPPIER TO COOK TODAY.....RICE, BEANS, AND FRIED CHICKEN, I ALSO MADE MY MOM CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP, SHE WASNT FEELING SO GOOD..:sick AWWW , GOD BLESS MY MOM.... LOVE U MA'......

OKAY, IM HAPPY , HAPPY, HAPPY,.............LOL.......

OH BY THE WAY , HUNG OUT DRINKING BEERS WITH A FRIEND AND A FEW OTHER PEEPS....WE MADE IT A NICE PARTY, WITH CANDLES ALL AROUND US..LOL...WE MADE THE BEST OF IT....NOT TO MENTION THE BARBECUES GOING ON OUTSIDE... ALL NITE..........

:heartbeat :inlove :bayum