Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: freestyle records are hard to find

Old 11-14-2004, 02:36 PM
New To CF

djcham is on a distinguished road
freestyle records are hard to find

where do you guys buy your freestyle records?

Old 11-14-2004, 04:39 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: New York born, Sunset Park, now living in PA and badly missing freestyle music.
ted is an unknown quantity at this point
I belive Mic Mac Records are still selling all there 12" versions
Old 11-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

Angelino is on a distinguished road
I used to buy my records and music at DJ International Records in Chicago, but i don't know if thier still open.......
Old 11-14-2004, 06:51 PM
New To CF

djcham is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelino
I used to buy my records and music at DJ International Records in Chicago, but i don't know if thier still open.......
oh man...

any online stores?? mic mac records isn't online is it? does everybody just spin with cd's now a days?
Old 11-14-2004, 10:32 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Gornicevo is an unknown quantity at this point
eBay.

But be careful if you buy records off eBay. There are a lot of legitimate sellers, but there are also a lot of dishonest people too.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:41 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: New York born, Sunset Park, now living in PA and badly missing freestyle music.
ted is an unknown quantity at this point
Sure Mic Mac is on line.

www.micmacrecords.com
Old 11-15-2004, 10:31 PM
New To CF

Hot Mix Music Inc. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcham
log onto http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopage...sortpropertyZ1
I'm selling most of my collection..... Alot of stores dont carry the older titles anymore because they are out of print.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:37 PM
CF Freestyler

italo1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted
I belive Mic Mac Records are still selling all there 12" versions
I HAD SPOKEN TO MICKEY GARCIA A FEW WEEKS AGO TO TRY AND GET SOME OLDER 12"S AND HE SAID HE WILL NO LONGER BE PRESSING VINYL THERES NOT THAT MUCH OF A DEMAND FOR IT.

WHATS THIS WORLD COMING TO ????
Old 12-29-2004, 06:41 PM
New To CF

detroitchica23 is on a distinguished road
Wink Great Place to buy latinfreestyle music

I'm from Detroit,MI and I grew up listening to this music. I've currently just moved to Houston, TX. I have not a clue where they sell freestyle music, if you know, hit me up. I know that in Detroit they have this Planet Rock Music Store. If you'd like to contact someone there here's the number 313 554-4525. I know there's alot of local DJ's and that's why I don't know Artist, just songs. They sell their own mixes.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:52 PM
CF Member

reppin-d-town is on a distinguished road
Whats up Detroit Chica, I live in Detroit and I know Planet Rock. What are you looking for in particular, vinyl or cd's. I got some people in Texas that can lead you in the right direction. Whats your name? Maybe I know you. Holla Back

Reppin-D-Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchica23
I'm from Detroit,MI and I grew up listening to this music. I've currently just moved to Houston, TX. I have not a clue where they sell freestyle music, if you know, hit me up. I know that in Detroit they have this Planet Rock Music Store. If you'd like to contact someone there here's the number 313 554-4525. I know there's alot of local DJ's and that's why I don't know Artist, just songs. They sell their own mixes.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

Caleb-B is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcham
Click on this link, you will find a Phone Number......Knight Sounds is a Record store in San Jose that carrys it all From Yesterdays Freestyle Hits to todays Hottest progressive. they have it all From "Scars Of Love" to "In a Dream"

The link is actually for there DJ catering service, but get a hold of the actuall store located on Allum Rock and Im sure they will send you what ever you want.

I wish i could do more for you but I no Longer live in San jose. pce!

heres the link http://xnetworks.com/knightsounds/
Old 01-14-2005, 01:03 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

This Is GoodBye
e bay......virgin records......mall.....record theater....amazon.com
Old 02-21-2005, 08:45 PM
New To CF

ilyas is on a distinguished road
I think the smaller labels are going straight to CD. It's cheaper to make CDs.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:57 PM
New To CF

pitchedup is on a distinguished road
anymore record stores?
Old 08-18-2005, 04:21 PM
CF Member

Location: New Hampshire (now) The land of the 'Family Wreath' as opposed to family tree. Think about it
Gabbi (aka) Gabriell
Just a little note to all concerned. Freestyle songs on vinyl were hard to find even when they were originally out in the '80's, within days of being pressed most songs were out of print. The only labels that could afford the cost, beside the major ones, were Mic Mac, Cutting, Metropolitan, D.J. International, Hot, Sleeping Bag/Fresh, Tommy Boy, Warlock, Next Plateau, Profile and to a lesser extent Pandisc, High Power and Vinylmania. I know this from an artists viewpoint; I never had a contract offered, because by the time a song was released the label was already bottom up. But if you feel like hunting, some great songs came out on obscure labels. Plus, you can never hear all of the nuances in a song when is on cd, vinyl truly rules.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:17 PM
New To CF

indegruv is on a distinguished road
boo for cd only
Old 08-25-2005, 02:01 AM
CF Member

OldSkoolGuru is on a distinguished road
Not so long ago I found nearly 50 freestyle records at a thrift store!

$1 each!

I haven't been back since,but thinking about it,everytime I went to a thrift store that sold records,I was always able to see many 12" records,it wasn't until just recently that I statred buying them (wish I started long ago).
Old 08-30-2005, 08:40 PM
CF Member

djantonio72 is on a distinguished road
Ebay is a great place but like someone mentioned above be careful! There are two sellers on ebay I trust. One right off the top of my head is 12inchdisco. He has a whole freestyle section in his ebay store. Another great place I've shopped at is musicstack.com and even htfr.com (hard to find records in g.britain). I just found out about the micmac online store and only know of them selling cd's. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I started buying my freestyle back in the late 80's and early 90's from local record stores and mail order shops in New York or when I'd go to Boston for summer vacation I'd come back home with MicMac stuff from Tower Records. Yeah its hard to find but if you are patient you'll find it. Forever I was looking for Charlie Babie's "In The Name of Love" and finally found it about two months ago on ebay. I paid top dollar for it but I've been wanting this record for over 10 years. Good luck!!! Antonio
Old 09-04-2005, 11:05 PM
CF Member

Location: Not much in Virginia. Back home in Philly you still hear it.
cange30 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djantonio72
Ebay is a great place but like someone mentioned above be careful! There are two sellers on ebay I trust. One right off the top of my head is 12inchdisco. He has a whole freestyle section in his ebay store. Another great place I've shopped at is musicstack.com and even htfr.com (hard to find records in g.britain). I just found out about the micmac online store and only know of them selling cd's. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I started buying my freestyle back in the late 80's and early 90's from local record stores and mail order shops in New York or when I'd go to Boston for summer vacation I'd come back home with MicMac stuff from Tower Records. Yeah its hard to find but if you are patient you'll find it. Forever I was looking for Charlie Babie's "In The Name of Love" and finally found it about two months ago on ebay. I paid top dollar for it but I've been wanting this record for over 10 years. Good luck!!! Antonio
I agree. Ebay does have the "stuff." I have bought from 12inchdisco and they were very professional. I bought "Knock Some Boots" by Sam the Beast, and "Jack To the Sound of the Underground" by Hithouse. Both tracks came fast to my house and were in near perfect condition. The name of the fella that runs it is Angelo and he's pretty cool. Also try vinylseacher.com-they're from Europe but good. Bought "Do It To the Crowd" by Twin Hype. Check out 611records.com, hardtofindvinyl.com, simplyvinyl.com, forevervinyl.com, djcentral.com, hotgrooves.com, and xmix.com. All have records for dj's :yeah
Old 10-24-2005, 08:11 PM
CF Freestyler

Location: I'M FROM THE PLACE WHERE FREESTYLE GREW IT'S FIRST HAIRS. NYC BABY. HOME OF THE FAMOUSE CLUB "PALADIUM" "STUDIO 54"
FreestyleZFinest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchedup
anymore record stores?
WWW.MUSICFACTORY.COM

WWW.BOOGITYBEAT.COM

& ME. LOL