Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: CD Mixers - recommendations please!!

Old 05-09-2005, 02:12 PM
CF Member

BronxFreeStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Question CD Mixers - recommendations please!!

Yes, I'm thinking about retiring my wheels of steel and moving on with the times. I'll still will be using my wheels of steel, but for now, I want to consider getting into mixing CD's. Can you picture what it's gonna be like transferring all my vinyls to CD's.......lol.

Anyways, what's the best all around CD mixer, I'm not looking to go all fancy with all kinds of bells and whistles (unless it can whip up a cup of expresso) and I'm also not looking for economy either. Don't get me wrong, the most expensive doesn't necessarily mean it's the best out there. So, when you recommend one, please talk from experience and why you like the one you are recommending.
:dj

http://www.live365.com/stations/bronxfreestyle

Old 05-09-2005, 08:57 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: New York born, Sunset Park, now living in PA and badly missing freestyle music.
ted is an unknown quantity at this point
It all depends on what grenre your going to mix, also are you into scratching or turnbalisim? do you want it compact or do you want two seperate cd players.

How's your budget?
For as close to vinyl feel as you can get without actual vinyl and very, very close scratching simulations I would recommend the (Numark CDX) or if you want to go a little less you can go with the (Numark AXIS 9's) If you want to go with dual decks yOU CAN GET THE cdn88 or the 90. Technics has a cd player with a built in sampler. but last time I looked into it ther were working out the bugs and a whole lot more expensive. This is just a general opinion on equipment.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

This Is GoodBye
well the most populiar cheap burner would be

NERO
Old 05-10-2005, 05:43 AM
CF Member

Can't really say if it's compact or not that I want. I want a CD mixer that will give me that close vinyl feel. My budget, well I did say not cheap but not something too expensive. I've priced one, the Dennon 3000, (about $600.00). Seems to work well, but I'm not sure if there is something out there that this better. Any input on that model would be helpful.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:28 PM

Location: eldos and deltas and irocs line the strips and all you could hear were the echoes of the bass and the sizzle of the highs threw the blocks and as theY would aproach you would HEAR it was one of your favorite songs pumpin. QUEENS/MONTICELLO NY
djchillychaz is on a distinguished road
Talking cd

well i have been spinning with tascam 1500 cd player and it pretty cool for a dual deck.the features work well but the sratch is not that good but if you are into eqip. you new that already.i am going to buy either dennon s5000 or tech.
the thing i like about the tech. model is 1.your still on techs.2they look like little12's and they have the same drive motor.but they cost.but you get what you pay for.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 PM
CF Member

DJSCIASCIA is on a distinguished road
Save yourself the headache and get the Pioneer CDJ1000mk2's. These are the standard like technics is to turntables. If you can't afford them get the CDJ800's. Just as good but without all the fancy features and half the price.

I have the 1000s and will never look back at vinyl.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:29 AM
CF Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSCIASCIA
Save yourself the headache and get the Pioneer CDJ1000mk2's. These are the standard like technics is to turntables. If you can't afford them get the CDJ800's. Just as good but without all the fancy features and half the price.

I have the 1000s and will never look back at vinyl.
Thanks, I'm going to check out the pioneer CDJ1000mk2's

Old 05-11-2005, 08:10 PM
CF Member

Mix-Master is on a distinguished road
well pal i'm a dj and a sound engineer and i have a 100,000 dollars equipments
i use technics 1200 & 1210 i also have pioneer cdj-1000 , cdj-1000 mk2 , cdj-800 , cdj-500S , cdj-100 , cdj-200 , Dvj-X1 i also have the denon 5000
well my advice to you the closest feeling to the technics is the cdj-1000mk2 or the cdj-800 but there is problem with 1000mk2 the contact switches of the jog wheel are not heavy duty they will be damaged after four or five scratch sessions , this wheel works when you place your hand on it if it's playing and you placed your hand it stops just tlike stoping a vinyl when it's damaged when you go to vinyl mode the song stops
so my advice to you buy the cdj-800 it's cheaper and more heavy duty
Old 05-11-2005, 09:42 PM
New To CF

DJREACH is on a distinguished road
CdJ 800

i agree on the CDJ 800. I have used all. The CDj 800 ae great but I feel the platter to the 1000mk II are a little more stable of a difference. As far as a feel of a technic 1200, YES, you have to go with who pioneered it first. Denon only made it for simple play. But Pioneer is the first one to provide the technology which simulates the 1200. Like the previous message, The Pioneers are the standard as they are way to close to the 1200 technics. I too have sold my 1200's since bying them back in 1986. I still buy vinyl & record / convert the file to digital format.

Pioneer has just released the CDJ - 200 which is really friendly, portable & alot less then the 800 & 1000. I would recommend buying these first then upgrading when you are ready for more.

No More, No More of your crying baby !!!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:47 PM

Location: eldos and deltas and irocs line the strips and all you could hear were the echoes of the bass and the sizzle of the highs threw the blocks and as theY would aproach you would HEAR it was one of your favorite songs pumpin. QUEENS/MONTICELLO NY
djchillychaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mix-Master
well pal i'm a dj and a sound engineer and i have a 100,000 dollars equipments
i use technics 1200 & 1210 i also have pioneer cdj-1000 , cdj-1000 mk2 , cdj-800 , cdj-500S , cdj-100 , cdj-200 , Dvj-X1 i also have the denon 5000
well my advice to you the closest feeling to the technics is the cdj-1000mk2 or the cdj-800 but there is problem with 1000mk2 the contact switches of the jog wheel are not heavy duty they will be damaged after four or five scratch sessions , this wheel works when you place your hand on it if it's playing and you placed your hand it stops just tlike stoping a vinyl when it's damaged when you go to vinyl mode the song stops
so my advice to you buy the cdj-800 it's cheaper and more heavy duty
now thats a good thing to know. thanks
Old 05-14-2005, 08:10 PM
New To CF

pitchedup is on a distinguished road
I like both the pioneers (CDJ-800 & CDJ-1000MKII) and the Denon DN-S5000, All are solid, but the Denon DN-S5000s are nice because they have +/- 4 pitch which means you can get real accurate.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:12 PM
CF Member

so I guess, most would prefer the pioneer cd mixers. most stores that I've gone to have steered me to the denon and away from the pioneers. any takes on why they are doing this?

Old 05-14-2005, 09:11 PM
CF Member

Mix-Master is on a distinguished road
because i think that they can buy denon for a low price and sell them high (they can make money) but the pioneer are already expensive and there are no ofeers on them
if you buy 100 units like ur buying 1 unit no special offers
Old 05-15-2005, 02:04 PM
New To CF

DJREACH is on a distinguished road
Cool

I Agree. The Cost factor plays the role especially jusdt speaking with a Denon rep not too long ago. The Denon s5000 & 3000 are sweet & a small package but a few things stand out just becfore I was ready to purchase these units -

For me 1 Major factor is that Denon has a Key Pitch & Pitch Range
Pioneer has a Master Tempo & Tempo range which makes a huge difference in how fast you want or don't want the actual pitch altered.

You can do the research, Master tempo is completely different then Key Pitch.
also, there are too many buttons to play with on Denon. if your into playing around & being creative then so be it.

Also, the loop feature on the Denon is a little longer to alter. The layout & design on the pioneer are straight forward & right in your face for fast setup & recall.

Again, it's all preference. But remember what is the industry standard for the Major players ----------- '''''PIONEER''''''

Any way, that's the Name of the Game.