Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: About Freestyle Vocalists And More

Old 08-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Banned

Mysterious Darkness is on a distinguished road
About Freestyle Vocalists And More

Sometime's I think they let just anyone sing a freestyle track. Some companies are so easily satisfied. Or maybe, they just can't get good quality vocalists to sing freestyle because those vocalists would pretty much rather sing something else besides freestyle.

That's the way I see things at least.

All I know is that the majority of the voices that I hear in freestyle plainly suck!!

I hear more bad than good. And that's no good. And you guys wonder why this genre has sunked??? For once, can we just respect this genre for what it once stood back in the late 80's?? Can we not bite off beats from one another and come up with our own ish?? Can we stop with the remakes and corny vocalists??? Can we have more male vocalists sing??? Can we be creative at all??.....and if we can't, can you at least respect the music and leave it alone????

It all starts with the music first. Screw promotion. Screw airplay. Screw what you have heard.

Most of us like freestyle because we support the music. But I feel we all should go back and ask ourselves...."what actually got me into freestyle back then that got me hooked to it in the first place??" Only then, shall we start to improve the way we do things for the sake of this music.

ALOT of you were inspired by the cheesy freestyle music that Joey Gardner once talked about in his written history of freestyle for his Greatest Beats compilations that came out in the late 80's and early 90's and have made your own sound based on what you have heard and got you into this music. I DON'T BLAME YOU. I only blame the one's in the past for destroying what could've been the best music of all time next to rap that were only after a quick dollar once they suspected of freestyle's formula to success and tried to clone those that were successful. It is because of them that we are easily satisfied with the garbage that is being put out today. Cuz they have blinded us to know what freestyle should've really sounded like in the past and we make our sounds based on the garbage of yesterday.

Old 08-04-2004, 09:46 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Gornicevo is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing worse than the dubious vocalists and amateur production plaguing freestyle, is the fans who accept and support this crap.

It's a vicious circle. Freestyle is struggling, so fans accept inferior releases because they feel they have to. Then producers and labels (can you spell ZYX) continue to release inferior crap, because they know the fans will support it, no matter how bad it is. Why put forth the extra effort if you don't have to?
Old 08-06-2004, 03:34 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

YOUNG MEGATRON is on a distinguished road
I dont know if yall know this but people arnt exactly lined up on a waiting list to sing freestyle. The selection is slim, Most of todays freestyle studios are in the house, attic, garage.....Pro Tools / Qbase etc. Its not like it was, and it never will be. So whare do we go from there??

I mean do we just stop making freestyle 100%? If you have a male or female who can carry a note or two, and you know you can digitally fix vocal mistakes plus your relying on the final mastering and you beleave in freestyle and truely love it......Your gonna record it and release it. Your gonna get peeps who cant stand it and say it sux and never should of been made, and your gonna get other folks that are tired of certain sound and finally found somthing new tro hear.

Stop Biteing beats and lyrics? it is what it is. Its Freestyle. This is the music we listen to. The drum beats . and bass lines make freestyle what it is....what we wanna hear. Its all been done before. Theres nothing new to offer exept new material done with new keybeords and sounds. If that dont do it for you. Maybee Trance or break beatz will fill the emptyness freestyle has been delivering lately. But freestyle has a formula and format that consist of certain elements that make it freestyle, and if you dont use this format .....your not making freestyle.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:45 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Vinss-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Darkness
Or maybe, they just can't get good quality vocalists to sing freestyle because those vocalists would pretty much rather sing something else besides freestyle.
thats the sad belief i always used to have.. it came to the point where whenever i heard a freestyle song with good vocals i used to think to myself "shouldnt he/she use that awesome voice to sing something other than freestyle?"
my guess with this issue is since freestyle lost popularity first.. then the producers got desperate and didn't care if the only singers they got were the terrible ones. we should really listen to ourselves, for example people often rave about sharyn maceren having "talent", and i really do like her songs.. but if you listen to her vocals, are they really that good?

visit me WWW.MYSPACE.COM/VINSST
Old 08-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

Angelino is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Freestyle Fantasy

What do you think about Freestyle Fantasy 1&2? Do you think those artist have a chance? I hear a lot of good reviews. I really like both CDs. It's all about Texas talent. I support any latino freestyle artist trying to make it!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:48 PM

Caleb-B is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelm
What do you think about Freestyle Fantasy 1&2? Do you think those artist have a chance? I hear a lot of good reviews. I really like both CDs. It's all about Texas talent. I support any latino freestyle artist trying to make it!
Well, I actually love The Freestyle Fantasy Compilation, I also have The freestyle Dance Progression wich is another comp with the same artists. I am going to order FF2 soon. Im feeling most of Cesar and Angelino's Trax. Unfortunatly..........All my freinds seem to hate the songs and cant get over all the flaws in the cd's. I think the songs were rushed and if they were a little more patient, They would have some of the hottest freestyle trax around.

I enjoy the production and Support PROGRESSIVE FREESTYLE 100% and hope they continue releasing material. In a Nut shell, They should concentrate on vocals and do as many takes as they need before mastering. The talent is deffinetly there.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 AM

Angelino is on a distinguished road
Freestyle Fantasy 2

yo Galvatron, I could hook you up with FF2. Are you sure you dont have it?
e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 08-11-2004, 04:15 PM

Caleb-B is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelm
yo Galvatron, I could hook you up with FF2. Are you sure you dont have it?
e-mail me at [email protected]
LOL, Of course IM SURE I dont have it, Im gonna E-mail You now, Thanx alot.