Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: 16x cd burner???

Old 03-12-2001, 03:19 AM
CF Freestyler

freestylefreak4
I just changed my burner to a 16x and i'm having trouble burning a mix(so it won't skip between songs). I have the tdk velocd 40x/16x/10x/32x, if anyone has this burner hook me up with some help... i believe the program i'm using is nero burning rom. thanks!!!!

Old 03-12-2001, 03:58 AM
CF Freestyler

FrigginAnT
NERO is a great program....i use the adaptec ezcd creator 4.02b...i found it works real well....

as for the problem your having...what blank cd's are you using? and are they 16x cert.? i havent seen many that are rated higher than 12x...that MIGHT be the problem
Old 03-12-2001, 04:53 AM
Rhoq

The only 16x CD-Rs I have seen are made by Verbatim...

Anyways, Mac USB is not capable of supporting speeds above 4x and not able to guarantee stabilty above 2x!!! So I will never know what it feels like to burn above 4x (but it is still faster than dubbing a tape)...oh well...

Old 03-12-2001, 05:10 AM
CF Freestyler

freestylefreak4
i'm using...

i'm using the memorex 80 min ones, i can burn on them, thats not the problem the problem is the whole disc at once thing. i don't know how to use mix mode. i need to get adaptec maybe my friend has it and i'll crack the serial number. i have adaptec 3.5 but it doesn't recognize the new burner. thanks guys.
Old 03-12-2001, 06:52 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

ekin got rice is an unknown quantity at this point
yea since your drive is new, adaptec ez cd creator 3.5 wont recognize it. ez cd creator 5.0 platinum is out so that should recognize it. also one of the best programs for disc at once burning is cdrwin. check it out. thats what i use to burn mixes.
Old 03-12-2001, 08:58 AM
Rhoq

Adaptec's CD Burning software division was recently renamed as "Roxio", if you go to their website, either www.roxio.com or www.adaptec.com you may be able to download the latest update for your software which should offer support for you burner...

It is kind of funny, I use Toast Deluxe 4.1.2 and Jam 2.6.2 for burning. Toast is the Mac version of EZ CD Creator (from what I have been told) which handles both audio and data CDs...

Jam is audio only. With Jam you can make a mix and then separate it into individual tracks. You can also edit the start and stop points of each track down to the exact spot where you want them, adjust sound levels (on both channels) fade tracks into one another, etc.

Before I downloaded the update I was using Jam 2.6 and it did not support my CD burner. As a result, anytime I tried to burn a CD with tracks that did not have any pauses in-between, It would leave a short space (about a quarter to a half second) between tracks. Once I downloaded the update and upgraded to 2.6.2, it has been working beautifully.
Old 03-13-2001, 04:39 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

MakeYaDance is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

I have the Yamaha 16x's. I'm sure it is somewhat the same as far as options go. I would say when you go to Create CD go to "advanced" and under "write method" it probably says "track at once", click on "disc at once". This way you shouldn't get any skips between tracks. PEACE!
Old 03-20-2001, 10:57 PM
CF Member

FreestylePrynce
The program i use is the Adaptec Easy CDCreator 3.5. I luv it cause i burn both audio and data. Can anybody tell me whats the best blank cd to buy?