Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > Upcoming Freestyle Dance Music Shows and Events

Notices

Upcoming Freestyle Dance Music Shows and Events Forum for discussions regarding upcoming Freestyle Dance Music shows and events.

Freestyle Forum: WCYC Reunion XI George Lamond at Studio 63...

Old 10-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Radio Personality : WCEV 1450 AM Chicago

Harv Roman is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool WCYC Reunion XI George Lamond at Studio 63...

Happy Spooky Day;

Back in late October, 1989 a Ligosa Records group called “Loose Touch”-which featured George Garcia, Eddie Melendez and Kenny Rosa first visited Chicago for All-Star Productions as part of a Halloween Concert Dance Party held at the famed Aragon Ballroom. For the group and Producer/manager Chris Barbosa, it was the beginning of a long term relationship between George, the boys and the many fans who had come to know them. It was at an in-store appearance at the “Importes, Etc.” record shop that Harv Roman first formally met George and Chris. There had been some phone contact made before hand (thanks, Nelson), but this was the first face to face meeting with Chris and George. After the in-store appearance, “Loose Touch” was transported to the studios of Chicago’s WCYC radio for the first of what turned out to be dozens of in studio, phone and hotel room conversations with George. As a matter of fact, it was during one of the many interviews that George unveiled his new “persona” and stage name to be used upon his signing with Columbia Records…

On Saturday, November 11th, 2004 George returns to the stage where he first performed in Chicago as the solo Freestyle recording artist George Lamond... On February 18th, 1990, George Lamond headlined the WCYC 21st Anniversary Concert Dance Party- which also served as the site of the 1990 Chicago DJ and Music Awards.

Chicago, I expect that you won’t want to miss the WCYC Reunion XI at the club formerly known as the Prime and Tender (and now dubbed as Studio 63). The event will be hosted by Harv Roman and will feature Gino “Rockin” Romo as a guest DJ. Though In-Effect and Legacy will not be able to reprise their role in the 1990 event, the return of George Lamond should be enough to fill your Freestyle appetite.

Chicago listeners should listen to “Club Kids Freestyle” on Saturdays from 3pm to 4pm CST for their chance to win passes to this main event. Everyone else should be making plans right about now to see George’s return to the scene of his original groundbreaking Chicago performance. By the way, the number to call for the free passes would be 1.773.508.WLUW. Your first shot at the tix will be the 30th of November, with tickets also to be given away on November 6th and the 11th.

Just wait ‘till WCYC Entertainment announces it’s next big reunion show…if I told you now, I’d have to hurt you…isn’t this news enough for now?

If George's return doesn't move you, maybe the fact that I'm turning 41 on November 6th will give you cause to help me celebrate on the 11th...it's a stretch, but what can I say?

See you at the show,
Harv Roman
WLUW (88.7 FM) www.wluw.org
www.harvroman.clubfreestyle.net

Old 10-28-2004, 06:58 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: queens, NYC the best ever, where freestyle will always live
jazzy4u is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv Roman
Happy Spooky Day;

Back in late October, 1989 a Ligosa Records group called “Loose Touch”-which featured George Garcia, Eddie Melendez and Kenny Rosa first visited Chicago for All-Star Productions as part of a Halloween Concert Dance Party held at the famed Aragon Ballroom. For the group and Producer/manager Chris Barbosa, it was the beginning of a long term relationship between George, the boys and the many fans who had come to know them. It was at an in-store appearance at the “Importes, Etc.” record shop that Harv Roman first formally met George and Chris. There had been some phone contact made before hand (thanks, Nelson), but this was the first face to face meeting with Chris and George. After the in-store appearance, “Loose Touch” was transported to the studios of Chicago’s WCYC radio for the first of what turned out to be dozens of in studio, phone and hotel room conversations with George. As a matter of fact, it was during one of the many interviews that George unveiled his new “persona” and stage name to be used upon his signing with Columbia Records…

On Saturday, November 11th, 2004 George returns to the stage where he first performed in Chicago as the solo Freestyle recording artist George Lamond... On February 18th, 1990, George Lamond headlined the WCYC 21st Anniversary Concert Dance Party- which also served as the site of the 1990 Chicago DJ and Music Awards.

Chicago, I expect that you won’t want to miss the WCYC Reunion XI at the club formerly known as the Prime and Tender (and now dubbed as Studio 63). The event will be hosted by Harv Roman and will feature Gino “Rockin” Romo as a guest DJ. Though In-Effect and Legacy will not be able to reprise their role in the 1990 event, the return of George Lamond should be enough to fill your Freestyle appetite.

Chicago listeners should listen to “Club Kids Freestyle” on Saturdays from 3pm to 4pm CST for their chance to win passes to this main event. Everyone else should be making plans right about now to see George’s return to the scene of his original groundbreaking Chicago performance. By the way, the number to call for the free passes would be 1.773.508.WLUW. Your first shot at the tix will be the 30th of November, with tickets also to be given away on November 6th and the 11th.

Just wait ‘till WCYC Entertainment announces it’s next big reunion show…if I told you now, I’d have to hurt you…isn’t this news enough for now?

If George's return doesn't move you, maybe the fact that I'm turning 41 on November 6th will give you cause to help me celebrate on the 11th...it's a stretch, but what can I say?

See you at the show,
Harv Roman
WLUW (88.7 FM) www.wluw.org
Wow go George

Loving my new life.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:01 PM

Okay, call me stupid...

The event is actually Saturday, November 11th...I don't know what calendar I was thinking of...

Oops,

Harv
Old 10-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Honorary CF Member

Krystal will become famous soon enough
LOL @ Harv!!!!

Tell GL that New Orleans says Hi! (He won't remember me though I'm sure!)

I'm not crazy...I'm just a little unwell! :stoned -MB20
Old 10-29-2004, 08:18 PM

Perhaps if you were able to fit into the undergarment...

You know, he should bring the bra with him and try and find who it belongs to...just like the Cinderella slipper search...

Harv
Old 10-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Honorary CF Member

Krystal will become famous soon enough
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can guarantee you it wasn't MY undergarment!

I'm not crazy...I'm just a little unwell! :stoned -MB20
Old 10-30-2004, 11:16 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: queens, NYC the best ever, where freestyle will always live
jazzy4u is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv Roman
Okay, call me stupid...

The event is actually Saturday, November 11th...I don't know what calendar I was thinking of...

Oops,

Harv
LOL mistakes happen

Loving my new life.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:30 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

LaIndia320 is an unknown quantity at this point
Harv you did put the right date on the first anouncement.

"Harve Roman: On Saturday, November 11th, 2004 George returns to the stage where he first performed in Chicago as the solo Freestyle recording artist George Lamond... On February 18th, 1990, George Lamond headlined the WCYC 21st Anniversary Concert Dance Party- which also served as the site of the 1990 Chicago DJ and Music Awards." [I]
Old 10-31-2004, 07:26 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

heidee14 is an unknown quantity at this point

GL
Saturday, November "13", 2004

Studio 63
7225 W. 63rd St
Summit, IL
Info:708/594/7788
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Doors Open @8:30PM
[email protected]
Cover: $10.00
Old 10-31-2004, 01:02 PM

Heidee...it has been too long...if I don't call you soon, punish me...
Old 11-05-2004, 09:49 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

heidee14 is an unknown quantity at this point
punish you...?...lmao!!!
we'll talk soon, im sure!
Old 11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

Angelino is on a distinguished road
Wow..........i used to listen to WCYC in Chicago......that's cool
Old 11-05-2004, 12:06 PM

hear say is on a distinguished road