Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: How many dance Dj's are on this site.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:15 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: New York born, Sunset Park, now living in PA and badly missing freestyle music.
ted is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How many dance Dj's are on this site.

Lately, I have been wondering how many real DANCE Dj's are on this site.
I'm a member of Dj forums but they are are mainly Hip Hop DJ'S, with a only few Trance/Techno/progressivehouse. So tell your story Are you a Vinyl dj, CDj, or a PC dj. How did you start? who was your insperation. What genre do you enjoy mixing most and least?.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:34 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: New York born, Sunset Park, now living in PA and badly missing freestyle music.
roflmaoo!!!

This is exactly the kind of response I expected.. Silence ****( goes to collect bet money)
Old 03-04-2005, 05:08 PM
New To CF

ilyas is on a distinguished road
I'm a DJ.

Hip-hop is dance music too.

I spin House(real house, not the progressive soul-less crap that people call house nowadays), Freestyle, Electro, Hip-Hop, R&B, Reggae. In no particular order of preference.

I also produce my own material, original as well as remixes.

I'm guessing there a lot more REAL DJs here, who didn't respond because they got better things to do than try to validate themselves as DJs to you, and carry on in a pointless Hip-Hop vs. Progressive/Trance debate which you seem to be instigating.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyas
I'm a DJ.

Hip-hop is dance music too.

I spin House(real house, not the progressive soul-less crap that people call house nowadays), Freestyle, Electro, Hip-Hop, R&B, Reggae. In no particular order of preference.

I also produce my own material, original as well as remixes.

I'm guessing there a lot more REAL DJs here, who didn't respond because they got better things to do than try to validate themselves as DJs to you, and carry on in a pointless Hip-Hop vs. Progressive/Trance debate which you seem to be instigating.
ROFLMAOO!!!

Where is all the hostility coming from.

1st. This thread had nothing to do with Hip - Hop vs Anything.
2nd. I never asked anyone to validate themslelves as a Dj, just thought it would be cool to see who likes to spin different genres of music and how they started.
3rd. Rather then turn this into another bullshit thread about HE SAID/SHE SAID OR HE THINKS /SHE THINKS.. Thanks for your reply.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:52 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

sietzsounds is on a distinguished road
I am but I havent spun a real party in a few years.... i play mostly old school on vinyl.... some hip hop but mostly dance....
Old 03-04-2005, 08:15 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sietzsounds
I am but I havent spun a real party in a few years.... i play mostly old school on vinyl.... some hip hop but mostly dance....
I have heard some of the work you are doing/did, sounds great!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:48 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted
I have heard some of the work you are doing/did, sounds great!!!
oh cool thanks ted!!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:01 PM
CF Freestyler

bullboykennels is on a distinguished road
I spin CD's really no long have any vinly's love the digital CD turntable's,.. Mostly spin Freestyle-Club,. Salsa/Merengue,. & Reggaeton,.. but like i said mostly Freestyle cause I just can't get enough of it.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:11 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboykennels
I spin CD's really no long have any vinly's love the digital CD turntable's,.. Mostly spin Freestyle-Club,. Salsa/Merengue,. & Reggaeton,.. but like i said mostly Freestyle cause I just can't get enough of it.
I understand spining cd's.. years ago I sold all my vinyl when I gave it all up.
So now that I started again I decided to mix cd's cause the cost of going out and buying all that vinyl again, was killing me. I'lL mix Freestyle(my 1st choice) house, and tribal. (really good house and tribal is hard to find on cd though).

Keep spinnin!!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:23 PM
CF Freestyler

bullboykennels is on a distinguished road
yeah true somethings are just to hard to find on cd. but you can always digitize your vinlys i'm sure you do. i've done it for some of mines that i had while back.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:12 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

I'll never ever ever ever give up my vinyl!!!!!! :dj
Old 03-22-2005, 03:46 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sietzsounds
I'll never ever ever ever give up my vinyl!!!!!! :dj
ROFLMAO!!:lol
I had to sell all mine things got tough back in the 80's:bangbang
Old 03-22-2005, 09:38 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted
ROFLMAO!!:lol
I had to sell all mine things got tough back in the 80's:bangbang
dayum that blows ted.... :sosad I've heard that from alot of people....
Old 03-30-2005, 10:04 PM
CF Freestyler

Location: I'M FROM THE PLACE WHERE FREESTYLE GREW IT'S FIRST HAIRS. NYC BABY. HOME OF THE FAMOUSE CLUB "PALADIUM" "STUDIO 54"
FreestyleZFinest is on a distinguished road
I Spin, But Don't Consider Myself A Dj Because I Don't Do Parties. I Spin Mainly Freestyle For The Love. I Did A Block Party A Few Yrs Ago With "friends" And It Was Off The Hook. I Even Performed For The Neighbors And All The Other Blocks That Were There That Night.
As For How I Started...my Cuz Had Turntables And Like 10 Freestyle Records About 10yrss Ago. When I Saw Them I Went Nuts Touching. Lol...with His Guidance I Have Become The Blender I Am Today. Lol...

Thnx For The Spot

P.s- Ted Spins Tight Himself
Old 03-31-2005, 05:53 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

This Is GoodBye
im strictly mixing up on the comp i have never spun....i prefer it all on the comp to be alot easier ...im strictly just dance music
Old 04-04-2005, 08:09 AM
CF Freestyler

up2late is on a distinguished road
Im a vinyl kinda guy.

Been spinning for about 14 years mobile, radio etc..
Old 04-05-2005, 10:00 PM
CF Member

Mix-Master is on a distinguished road
rep

i saved money for one year abd bought a pair of technics sl1200 when i was 14
at the age of 15 i was playing for 4 hours daily on air in a radio the station
i learned mixing on freestyle i used to play 90's eurodance like la bouche , Ice Mc , 2 brothers on the 4th floor etc.... i also played raggae and fast pop rock like kenny loggins - Danger zone .......
i have more than 15 mixed cd but illegal of course they are recorded live sessons from my air play at the radio st.
now i'm into music producing more than mixing but i still mix and i use pioneer CDJ-1000mk2 and i also mix on computer
i consider myself an EVERYTHING DJ i mix everything and i'm involved in all audio stuff and (thank god) i have a very wide experience everything involving audio mixing , producing , mastering , recording , software etccc....................
Old 04-05-2005, 10:09 PM
CF Member

Knightfell is on a distinguished road
<-- Retired DJ
I started in highschool working for a DJ company (you know the wedding/teen dance type) Got to the point if I had to play the chicken Dance or the Hokey Pokey once more I was going to go Postal. By the time I was 18 I was DJ'ing at the premiere clubs in New Orleans and the surrounding metro area. DJ'ing was a tool for me to learn various genres to aid me as a composer. I look back on those days with fond memories and no regrets.
Never got the chance to spin cd's so I have no opinion. those players were just coming in as I was going out. But I would think that it would never compare to the feel of vinyl under your fingers.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:11 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

You guys, are really making me miss my vinyl:realsad :sosad
Old 05-07-2005, 08:31 PM
CF Member

BronxFreeStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
I started mixing back in the mid 80's. I started out with a couple of cheap turntables, then moved VERY quickly to the wheels of steel "mk1200". Back then, I paid $700.00 for a pair. Hah, try to buy one for less than $500.00 now. Anyways, I did mostly Freestyle, but I also did House, Dance, and Club. I worked both parties, house parties and clubs. Never had radio air play but did have my name on commercials for the night clubs that I was spinning for. Nowadays, I mainly retired from that scene. I have a family and a career to keep me occuppied. I do however, find the time every now and then to spin my vinyls....hmmmm......still love that basement smell. Recently, I started my own internet radio station to play my music. And soon, I'll be going live mixing it up on the wheels of steel. I think I still have the stuff to teach the new DJ's out there a thing a two about mixing and not this back to back mixing (slapping, is what I call it). Currently, on the internet, I put up some of my old mixes that I found on some old cassettes. I thought it would be nice for some of my old school boys to listen to and go back in time. (you know what I'm talking about, clubs like Mirage, Heartthrob, and from the south, backstreets, club tropics, heartbreakers, and respectables, just to name a few). Check out my internet radio air play schedule. Like I mentioned, I'll also will be going live soon with new and upcoming mixes of Freestyle, house, dance, and club hits. :dj

http://www.live365.com/stations/bronxfreestyle
Old 05-09-2005, 01:22 PM

Location: eldos and deltas and irocs line the strips and all you could hear were the echoes of the bass and the sizzle of the highs threw the blocks and as theY would aproach you would HEAR it was one of your favorite songs pumpin. QUEENS/MONTICELLO NY
djchillychaz is on a distinguished road
The Story Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted
Lately, I have been wondering how many real DANCE Dj's are on this site.
I'm a member of Dj forums but they are are mainly Hip Hop DJ'S, with a only few Trance/Techno/progressivehouse. So tell your story Are you a Vinyl dj, CDj, or a PC dj. How did you start? who was your insperation. What genre do you enjoy mixing most and least?.
WELL THE STORY GOES LIKE THIS I GREW UP IN QUEENS NEW YORK WERE FREESTYLE MUSIC WAS A WAY OF LIVE.I STARTED DJING AT 13YRS OLD IN A ROLLER RINK.I SAW THE OLDER GUYS DOING IT AND I WAS LIKE YEAH THATS FOR ME.WE WOULD LISTEN TO SCOTTY BLACKWELL RIP IT UP ON HOT103.I WOULD GET MY PAY AND RUN RIGHT TO THE RECORD STORE NAMED NUMBERS RECORDS AND MY MAN MIKE WOULD HOOK ME UP.I HAD ALL THE NEWEST FREESTYLE CUTS.THEN WE WOULD RUN BACK TO TH RINK AND TEAR THE WHEELS OFF."OH YEAH THEN IT WAS ONKYO BELT DRIVEN TABLES WITH THE NICKEL ON THE NEEDLE"WELL TIME WENT ON AND I HOOKED UP WITH MY MAN BIG AL AND IT WAS NIGHT CLUB PARADISE.WE HAD IT GOING ON EVERY WEEKEND.NOW I LIVE IN UPSTATE NY AND I AM TRYING TO FIND AS MUSCH WORK AS POSSIBLE.I HAVE A STUDIO WERE I PRODUCE TRACKS AND REMIXES
AS FAR AS TABLE AND CDS.I USE CD PLAYERS NOW AND THE MUSIC SOUNDS GREAT AND GETTING OLDER IN IS ALOT NICER THAN RECORDS TO CARRY BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY VINYL ANYDAY.AS FAR AS MUSIC I LIKE TO PLAY FREESTYLE/HOUSE MUSIC LIKE TODD TERRY ROYAL HOUSE...AND I LIKE THE NEW HOUSE TO.BUT WHEN ITS TIME TO GET DOWN GIVE ME THE FREESTYLE AND LETS ROLL
CHILLYCHAZ
NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.I HAVEN'T.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:05 PM
New To CF

pitchedup is on a distinguished road
I use only vinyl and spin Hardcore (Mainly UK hardcore aka happy hardcore) and some drum & bass. But after cleaning my room and finding some old burned cds about a week ago, I decide to check them out and they were old burned freestyle cds of old freestyle cds, haha. Funny how these songs still are pretty sick and its different from my 170bpm dance music I spin, gotta love the electro cheese. Now I would like to find some records so I can spin some electro dance
Old 05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
New To CF

B96 Louie Loop is on a distinguished road
What's going on? My name is Louie ... im from Chicago. Im also a DJ/Producer. I spin House Music. I been mixing for a total of 12 years. I started mixing at house parties and landed my first radio mix show spot on WLUW Energy 88.7 FM in Chicago. After Club Jam 88.7 went off the air due to a format change i moved on to WCBR Cyber Radio 92.7 on a mixshow named "the Digi mix". A year later i started doing guest spots on WBBM FM B96.3's Sunday night mix show " The B96 Street Flava" along side DJ Speed and Tim Spinnin Schommer. Couple years later I got hired on WKSC 103.5 KISS FM Klub Kiss on the mix team " The Super Mix 6 "

Today I am one of the WBBM FM B96.3 Mixmasters ( Louie Loop ) Friday and Saturday nights 10pm -6am.

I got a 12'' release on Liquid Music NYC tittled " Jimi La Lumia , "Loud Enough" b/w "Sorry No Requests" and 2 more future releases coming soon on Liquid Muisc NYC.

Club Gigs : Mondays Privilege Industry night / Wednesdays Club MODA / Thursdays Sound-Bar / Fridays Cherry Red / Saturdays Privilege

If you want to read more about me and what i have done/do visit...
www.louieloop.com
http://www.b96.com/index.php?go=b96mixmasters_louieloop

Peace!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:09 AM
CF Freestyler

DjCaliente is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thats right that is chi town's b96 own Louie Loop kick ass i was very exceited when I saw one of the b96 djs lol it was very cool to talk to you bro.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
New To CF

cutupkid is on a distinguished road
Chicago dj here, go by dj gil been spinnin over 10 years started off very young. spin freestyle, chicago hardhouse and ghetto, euro, progressive, old school, pretty much everythin cept hip hop. i'm also the cousin of freestyle singer Laura "only in my dreams"