Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in America

Freestyle Forum: Freestyle Talk From Nu Image

Old 05-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

Tony G. is an unknown quantity at this point
Freestyle Talk From Nu Image

Thanks ALL

We have recieved so much great feedback and reviews on the album.
All the album needed was for listeners to give it a chance and you can better appreciate it.
It was not meant to be a typical tupperware drum sounding production or "girl your broke my heart" cliche type album.
every song was real and was felt and at the time we recorded it our emotions took over. Some people expect to here a full album of oldschool 90's freestyle but we are in a different time.
we did however give some of the tracks an old school feel but thats more for the fans than industry.
The music industry will shy away from those tracks the sound is dated and we know that.
At the same time we wanted to give our fans some of what they first recognized Nu Image for.
I have to say though they had an oldschool feel to them , they were not cheesy tracks.
Now for the new album we are working on a different sound a new fresh sound.
We need mainstream radio support and this is the only way.
I hope our fans stick by us on this journey to a new sound and though it will be different in a music aspect we will try to continue to capture that vocal element you have all come to recognize from Nu Image.

We need to grab the mainstream radios attention and we are planning to do so, so please stand strong with Nu Image as we get set to take it from Freestyle as Freestyle did for disco to a new forefront L.U.D.M or LATIN URBAN DANCE MUSIC

If you care about the progression of our music and our direction to capture the urban youths attention in creating something for their ears besides hip hopand reggaeton, then support what we are trying to do.

We have many inportant industry executives frequenting the Nu Image Website.
They are doing research on our fanbase the demographics of our fanbase and the various markets we have trageted.
Although we are doing very well with our album sales 2000-3000 units is not acceptable for Nu Image or ARIA . We need to reach 10,000 -15,000 units sold to even start making an impression.
We will hit those numbers but we definately need evry fan to hit the nuimageworld.com website fill out our guest book with you thoughts on Nu Image and our music and state where you're from.
We need to capture our top markets first and move from there.
Direct every person on your mailing list to nuimageworld.com
and if you have not joined the Nu Image mailing list please do by emailing [email protected]
We don't want to send email to those who wish not to recieve it this is why we are currently updating our current mailing list database.

Yes JackG we have CLUBFREESTYLE.COM with the CF logo on our links page, so people that visit our site can link to all the sites on our link page.

Thank you all , also check out our tour 2004 pic's button

Management: MILLIE V.I.P MANAGEMENT
[email protected]

Old 05-09-2004, 07:40 PM
CF Freestyler

Freestylepete is an unknown quantity at this point
so what you saying it wont be freestyle but dance music. Well ever since the beggining freestyle was dance music. It was second generation disco so basically you want to take freestyle to another level and call it Latino Urban Dance well all that is is just another name for freestyle. But love your guys work. Nu Image and Aria Records in 2004.

Music Is My Life Freestyle Is My Soul
Old 05-09-2004, 10:22 PM

I am not saying people won't call it Freestyle but it won't be the Freestyle people
expect. It will be what Freestyle was to disco, the next phaze for a new generation.
I have to say that I heard Freestyles New generation vol, 3,4 and 5 and I said to myself what are we doing to this music.
We can't even seem to capture the same magic of the original oldschool hits.
I heard cd # 2 on The Bad Boy Joe vol 5 NEW GENERATION and it was not even up to the standards of CD 1.
The overall volume was low it sounded like it was not mastered and weak.
This may have been do to the fact most of those tracks were mp3 formated when handed in.
I do not blame the Whatif Production team because they are only trying to help the newschool gain exposure on a wider scale, but most people I talk to tell me
they can't even finish listening to the entire second CD.
I think this is hurting us more than helping.
I am not going to paint a pretty picture or sugar coat my opinion because that would not be fair to the new artists.
Most of the music, vocals ,lyrics and production are weak and serve no purpose on that CD.
I am almost ashamed to listen to it, I dreaded going through the entire CD as a matter of fact.
So many people in the industry feel the same way so I am not alone, the only difference is that i feel it a responsability as an artist to bring it to the forefront.
If the artist feel that the product is good enough, guess again, it's not and the industry is laughing.
Though to many hardcore fans it may be a quench to their thirst for more new freestyle available commercially, it does nothing to help the music in the industry.
I am keeping it real and honest so you will either respect my opinion or ignore it.
If you respect it then we could be on the way to a better direction for this music.
If you ignore it, shame on you as an artist because you will be in for a very rude awakening.

Most promoters we are currently meeting and being booked by won't even bother with any of this new music.
I hope this post is seeking in as you are reading, if not continue on the path you currently travel and you will soon see why I felt the need to post this.

[email protected]
Old 05-09-2004, 10:49 PM
CF Member

DJ STAV is on a distinguished road
I can't believe that only 2-3 thousand cds have only sold... This double cd is truely the best new freestyle that has come out in a very, very, very, long time. This is the problem why freestyle is dead. Here is a great cd and there is no support. Great job on this cd Tony G and NU Image!!! I now understand why the next cd won't be freestyle...
Old 05-09-2004, 11:00 PM
CF Freestyler

You know what i aggree with you because when i heard bad boy joe the new school cds you seen a down grade in production and quality. What i would want to know is that why put something out that you want to gain exposure for if its going to be weak and hurt the genre of music even more. THere are many talented poeple in this game today with you Nu Image on the forefront. Its just very frustating on the fans and on the performers themselves.

Old 05-09-2004, 11:17 PM
CF Member

DJCUTLASS is on a distinguished road
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestylepete
You know what i aggree with you because when i heard bad boy joe the new school cds you seen a down grade in production and quality. What i would want to know is that why put something out that you want to gain exposure for if its going to be weak and hurt the genre of music even more. THere are many talented poeple in this game today with you Nu Image on the forefront. Its just very frustating on the fans and on the performers themselves.
I AGREED WITH YOU FREESTYLEPETER! THAT'S WHY A LOT OF OLD FREESTLE ARTISTS DON'T WANT TO RECOD ANOTHER FREESTYLE RECORD BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE!

:safire
Old 05-10-2004, 08:19 AM

I am glad to see I am not the only who shares my opinion.
It is very important that fans, Dj's, producers, artists, etc comment on this
thread because at least that will show we care about what needs to be done.
Do you think someone wants to buy a Nu Image album when they are not familiar with the group and they only recognize us as new freestyle artist, the answer is NO!
From some of what I've heard on the new generation cd's , I would probably wouldn't wait to reach a Nu Image track to find out if i'm gonna like it or not.

We are going to continue doing this but we will continue doing things with our own formula.
I am not trying to offend anyone by any means but I say to myself how many new artist out there can honestly say I am happy with what I have to offer the industry and the fans?

[email protected]
Old 05-10-2004, 09:36 AM

I will give everyone here an example.
Nu Image submitted "TEARS IN MY EYES" remix for the Bad Boy Joe 3 New Generation and the submission was a poorly mixed MP3 format, I actually submitted the track for approval but the actuall track was used on the CD.
SHAME on Nu Image, we know better than that I should have submitted a final mixed mastered version.
If you put the one we submitted for BBJ VOL #3 and listen to the one on the Nu Image album there is a big difference.
I really learned a great deal from that mistake.
Though some fans may have not really noticed, if I was a dj I wouldn't touch it.

Now here I am criticizing our own music, why? because I care what the industry and consumer/fans are listening to.
We just recieved 2 orders from Virginia and 4 from Germany for the Nu Image album. These are markets we have not even performed yet.
But it goes to show that 1 fan buying a CD can lead to 5 fans who never heard of you buy your CD. "WORD OF MOUTH" . The biggest form of advertisement.
It can also go the other way 1 Fan buys a CD and tells 5 other people , don't waste your money.

I am also using Nu Image as an example above to encourage other artists to know that it's ok to step back and analize your own material and ask yourself is this
worthy of a commercial release? Is my track produced, mixed, written, sung, mastered to not only my satisfaction but to the satisfaction of industry standards?
and more importantly what are those standards?

I see 100 Views and only 6 responses 2 of which is mine , that right there is scary.

[email protected]
Old 05-10-2004, 12:02 PM
CF Freestyler

Tony G it is amazing your were able to critize your own work cause alot of producers and artists in this scene arent able to accept honest opionions of what they can do better. I have been a fan since the beginning but I think most artists need to understand that they must release quality stuff not some only decent studio demo that some people are releasing. Once again going back to the beggining the original stars wherent called freestyle artists they were called dance artist so who cares what is in a name as long as the track and the group is slamming. Hey if you called yourselfs country artists lol i would still love you guys. Its hard but keep the hardwork your time is coming.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:47 PM
CF Member

Location: Originally from the Boogie down but now causing Havok in Tampa FL
PapoSwing2k4 is on a distinguished road
Here is another side to it all

In the capacity that I serve this business I have seen many hungry artist that are looking to put out material too fast too soon with out considering that quality factor. Many young artist are nieve and inexperiance and producers take advantage of that. If I had a nickel for every demo I have heard that the artist tells me they paid anywhere from $500 to $1500 and they stated that the producer said it is a great product I would be rich right now. At AriA Studios before excepting a client we first evaluate the potential talent whether it is raw or polished the objective is to make sure that there is something to work with. In that studio there are on hand writers, vocal coaches and producers as well as engineers that focuses on that optimal sound. We boast our process because we beleive in our service and the level of quality. Its about the level of professionalism we provide starting with the executive producer such as Pompeo Messano. Tony, myself and the others speak very passionate about music because we see how the basics are bypass as we also see how eager young artist are taken advantage of.

Here is my advise concentrate on one song at a time and perfect it before you move on to the next. Its all about the chemistry and just to put people down on some truth its not all about the vocalist. If you do not have the rigt writers, vocal coaches, producers, and engineers the song will reflect its quality and industry people have that ear where most fans do not and before it gets to the fans it first has to go threw them after all its nothing but dollar signs to them. For us its the love we have for that ray of sound.

I am willing to go on a limb and state to those aspiring artist or even the establish ones feel free to contact AriA Records and/or Nu Image. We want to help and elevate the music so that it can get the respect that it derserves.

In regards to Freestyle versus Urban Dance music, in a professional aspect with respect to marketing value the word "Freestyle" is a negative stigmatism. When people ask me I professionally respond that Freestyle was a moment in time where latin hip hop dance music thrived. It has an historial value. The reason why I make this statement is that industry people such as major labels and/or distributors are less likley to have interest in freestyle as "they" remember it. By professionalizing our intentions they can define the new value of the genre. This will be a third generation mutation, it went from disco to freestyle and now freestyle to Urban Dance Music. Nu Image will be putting an album that will show the diverse sound and ability of the artist with the intentions of keeping the fans happy and wanting more but we also realize that we want to bring in new fans so we have to bold enough to shake it up a little. We at the Nu Image camp stronly believe that if we are successful that t can provide an open door for others to share in the success but you have to come correct from the word go because if you half ass it you will be hurting your career as well as others and that would have to be among our biggest concerns.
www.NuWorldEnt.com 2/2005
Old 05-10-2004, 08:20 PM
CF Member

Fanaticjoe
UHMMMMMMMMMMMMM, first of all I dont think you even soundscanned a few hundred units

2 nd of all I have the double cd album Off disc #1 there are maybe 3 tracks which I consider average

Tear in my eyes should of kept the original version this version doesnt hit me off well.

I noticed the track 6 & 10 are reversed did any one check your master against the track listing before it went to pressing?

Theres no Love Good song but the beat sounds too much Like Ill always Love you

papo swing maybe you should take your own advice and get back in the studio and re evaluate ......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ill always Love you the best track of the record

As far as the other tracks Im not feeling them at all, 3 out of 25 tracks is not good at all.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:46 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

This Is GoodBye
jesus chris* god it took me 15 min or more just to read this !!!!!!!!!! my lord -_-.......tears in my eyes was a good track i liked it it was so so
Old 05-10-2004, 11:35 PM
CF Member

Point of Clarification....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticjoe
UHMMMMMMMMMMMMM, first of all I dont think you even soundscanned a few hundred units

2 nd of all I have the double cd album Off disc #1 there are maybe 3 tracks which I consider average

Tear in my eyes should of kept the original version this version doesnt hit me off well.

I noticed the track 6 & 10 are reversed did any one check your master against the track listing before it went to pressing?

Theres no Love Good song but the beat sounds too much Like Ill always Love you

papo swing maybe you should take your own advice and get back in the studio and re evaluate ......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ill always Love you the best track of the record

As far as the other tracks Im not feeling them at all, 3 out of 25 tracks is not good at all.

Point of Clarification I was never in the studio I am not the artist at least not when regarding singing. My Degree in Business Management and my 10 plus years experience behind the scene are my only credentials... but what's your point? Let me ask you this have you ever been in a studio and recorded or have you ever been in meeting with labels and representative of major distributors. If so than I am sure you can relate but it does not seem as if that is the case since your post reference a fan's aspect although just as important just in a very different way.

I do respect your views and with all the criticism and accolades we receive we do evaluate them all and apply it to our next projects and just as well when we work with other artist. But lets get back to what we were discussing which is how to promote this music in general and help one another instead of misleading. Actually I think this thread was more intended to spark the minds of the people directly involved such as the artist, the writers, the producers and so and so forth. There is a lot more going on that the fans are not aware of that is what I refer as the behind the scene production.

As far as Sound Scan which I am glad that you mentioned. Many mom and pop stores do not have the sound scan but if you noticed the CD does have the codes. In either case we have sold for the most part off of our own website and at the shows. Your attempt to discredit only gave me the opportunity to illustrate the drive that we have. Nu Image as well I did not feel there was a label that can provide the terms that we had with respect to the music and because the stigmatism of "Freestyle" no major labels are willing to take that chance, which includes as well many of the established acts. So in the end we took the bull by the balls and started our own label. It only made sense we own the studio which by the way is in a commercial building and not in a bedroom, basement or garage. At present because of the success we have been negotiating with numerous agencies for distribution and to respect the camp and our endeavors I am not going to further on that topic. Bottom line is if you want it bad enough whether you are an artist, writer, producer you do whatever it takes and we want it bad enough so much so that it has taken us over six figures of investing and over a decoade of educating ourselves to get where we are today so understand the concern when the quality is not reflected in similar products and everyone is lumped into one big bowl of freestyle soup, especially knowing that the talent is out there and is not being harness the way it should be.

In regards to your review, although it belonged to a different thread, I thank you and just to clarify the track listing was screwed up outside of our camp and when we detected it was already in production and although we had an opportunity to halt production we decided against it due to the commitment we made with our fans and any Nu Image follower knows that we hold the fans at the most highest regard. It was a lesson learned but in the end we got the product to the people that matter most. As far as the tracks that did not hit off well I am sorry to hear that, you are among the few and feed back like that makes the guys work 10 times harder so some good cam of your post. Tears in My Eyes has gotten only one negative feedback and that was from fanaticjoe so I guess we just can't win them all over. BUT!!! in retrospect your post did not touch not one important aspect of the thread so I am still wondering was there a point that you were trying to make???

Respectfully Submitted,
Old 05-10-2004, 11:35 PM
CF Freestyler

Lol what the blank is urban dance music its freestyle pure and simple. You should do what Mickey Garcia does and call it dance or pop or dancepop but urbn dance music is ridiculous. The fans will come if the music is good not what its called. People flocked to freestyle in the beginning cause it was the new fresh sound and was produced so well not because of the name freestyle. In fact i didnt even know that it was called freestyle until the late 80s cause the micmac cds and Hot 97 said dance music not freestyle. Freestyle is not a negative world and somebody that is in this generation of music and posts on all of these sites says that then you are just being hypocritical of your self. If you are going to do freestyle do it for the love of this genre of music or else and if y ou are ashamed of freestyle then you shouldnt post on these sites or make freestyle dance music.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:37 PM
CF Freestyler

My post may sound mean but its the truth all of these people are posting on the websites and asking for our support and then dissing the hell out of the music we all love is ridicolous. I dont mean hard fealings or ill will toward anybody.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:48 PM
CF Member

Ok

Quote:
Lol what the blank is urban dance music its freestyle pure and simple. You should do what Mickey Garcia does and call it dance or pop or dancepop but urbn dance music is ridiculous. The fans will come if the music is good not what its called. People flocked to freestyle in the beginning cause it was the new fresh sound and was produced so well not because of the name freestyle. In fact i didnt even know that it was called freestyle until the late 80s cause the micmac cds and Hot 97 said dance music not freestyle. Freestyle is not a negative world and somebody that is in this generation of music and posts on all of these sites says that then you are just being hypocritical of your self. If you are going to do freestyle do it for the love of this genre of music or else and if y ou are ashamed of freestyle then you shouldnt post on these sites or make freestyle dance music.
OK, I can respect that but the first amendment states that I can say what I want. Now I love freestyle just as you I assume but we are talking industry people. Do you think a freestyle artist will get signed to a major label? If you do tell me which one so I can get busy. Think about this why are old school artist not producing product anymore, freestyle product that is.

I am not ashamed of freestyle but I am also a realist and in my business I have to ask how can I get my goals accomplished and then I listen and read and listen some more and I read some more and after all the listening and reading I learned that there are still many freestyle lovers out there but they do not buy CDs because if that was the case then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Therefore we have explore the new frontier for "freestyle". There is whole market out there waiting but guess what they are not waiting for freestyle they are waiting for dance, pop or urban dance (whatever float s your bubble), by the way I wasn't the first to call it that but that is beside the point. Also another point you made reference to Mickey Garcia and what took place in the humble beginnings of Freestyle well that was then and this is now which is a difference of over a decade its call industrial evolution.

By the way I have never placed any words in anyone's mouth so out of respect I would appreciate that you do not do the same. I love freestyle. always have and always will and I have never been ashamed of anything so to imply that was uncalled for and to further state that I should not post is well what it is stupid.

Just like you I am only providing a perspective that can be taken with a grain of salt and If I offended you then I apologize but lets keep it civil and professional.

Humbly,
Old 05-11-2004, 12:02 AM
CF Member

How can anyone say that the cd set ha only 3 good songs, I can't believe that. There has been so much crap released the last few years and finally some very well produced freestyle comes out and people don't even realize good freestyle. Nu Image also boasts great vocals unlike how many other artists try to drain their vocals on songs.

I love freestyle and I do support it. I have been buying freestyle cds for almost 20 years. I have to agree with Paposwing2k4 in that if everybody bought the orginal releases we wouldn't be talking about this. Instead most people who buy freestyle buy bootleg copies and dj mix cds that have no royalties to the artist. We want artist to put good quality freestyle out, but once it is out, no one supports it.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:20 AM
CF Freestyler

I agree i loved the Nu Image CD but the truth of the matter is people with so called "business degrees" dont know jack about the music industry. The truth of the matter is the music industry is geared to the kids if the kids arent buying the big labels arent interested.

Old 05-11-2004, 01:15 AM
CF Member

hahahahahaha

Quote:
I agree I loved the Nu Image CD but the truth of the matter is people with so called "business degrees" dont know jack about the music industry. The truth of the matter is the music industry is geared to the kids if the kids arent buying the big labels arent interested.

You seem to have all the answers and not willing to accept another point of view, Its all good. I worked hard for my "business degree" and I have nothing to prove to anyone especially you. I am glad that you enjoyed the CD and I hope you enjoy the next one. We including myself with Nu Image are working hard at it.

Humbly Submitted,
Old 05-11-2004, 12:45 PM
CF Member

Location: Occupation: None Interests:Freestyle Music ,surfing, good,girlies
LatinoHeat
the cd is mediocore at best
Old 05-11-2004, 12:57 PM
CF Member

DJCUTLASS is on a distinguished road
I Feel You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G.
I am glad to see I am not the only who shares my opinion.
It is very important that fans, Dj's, producers, artists, etc comment on this
thread because at least that will show we care about what needs to be done.
Do you think someone wants to buy a Nu Image album when they are not familiar with the group and they only recognize us as new freestyle artist, the answer is NO!
From some of what I've heard on the new generation cd's , I would probably wouldn't wait to reach a Nu Image track to find out if i'm gonna like it or not.

We are going to continue doing this but we will continue doing things with our own formula.
I am not trying to offend anyone by any means but I say to myself how many new artist out there can honestly say I am happy with what I have to offer the industry and the fans?

IT JUST SHOW'S ME THAT YOU GOING ON THE RIGHT PATH, AND I KNOW THAT ON YOU NEXT PROJECT IT'S GOING TO BE CRAZY HOT! CAUSE YOU CARE AND THAT'S IMPOR.....IN THIS GAME.(FREESTYLE MUSIC)
Old 05-11-2004, 08:56 PM

Not everyone is going to like our album, we can appreciate that honesty, it makes us work even harder.
I enjoy the Nu Image CD yet I am not a fan of every track I like some more than others but this was a learning process and we will try not to duplicate the same mistakes the second time around.
Than k you all so much for your honesty and insight it really helps us bring you a better product, keep up the great work.

TonyG.

[email protected]
Old 05-11-2004, 09:22 PM
CF Member

I am truely surprised to see people saying that the cd is mediocore. The cd set is way above average. I don't know of any new generation group to put a better full album out in the past few years. This group is great and is full of potential. They do it with a touch of the old school feel. You can not possibly like freestyle and dis this cd.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:37 PM
CF Member

Thanks Stav

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ STAV
I am truely surprised to see people saying that the cd is mediocore. The cd set is way above average. I don't know of any new generation group to put a better full album out in the past few years. This group is great and is full of potential. They do it with a touch of the old school feel. You can not possibly like freestyle and dis this cd.

We appreciate your support Stav, by the wat the check is the mail, LOL

Sorry couldn't resist. A little humor can be ok at times.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:39 PM

It happens DJ STAV but we keep on moving forward and try to put out the best possible product.
This helps us grow, it does not offend us or bring us down.
Thank you for your continued support.
Please email us your mailing address so that we can send you a Nu Image package.
Maybe an accapella aswell to see what ya got
Thanks again

[email protected]