Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: song editor to change beat?

Old 01-23-2001, 08:13 AM
CF Member

cubanguy
does anyone know where i can find a sound editor where i can speed up the song/beat?? i heard a remix of Natalie - I used to.....with a faster beat then the original...........its sounds beter.....

Old 01-26-2001, 11:57 AM
Hitesh

You can use any Cheap or Professional Sampler; Hardware or Software to time stretch a loop. Basically what you can do is take a loop and shrink or increase the size without changing the pitch; the tempo slows or increases. Akai Samplers, Emu samplers and Cakewalk,Cubase,Recycle Software and thousands of other inferior but effective shareware and software for no additional expense.
Old 01-26-2001, 02:16 PM
CF Freestyler

Jason has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Most wave editors can do the trick. There are even some editors included in CD burning software. You could also go the DJ way with CD players and mixers or a "Vinyl Touch" machine that would allow you to change tempo without changing pitch.
Old 01-26-2001, 04:37 PM
Hitesh

Try this; create a loop on magnetic tape and splice it so that it actually loops to the beat. Increase the speed of the tape and use a pitch modulation on an FX unit and scale it up or down using pitch correction, filter out the mids and gate the sound using the threshold of the highest dynamic piece of percussion that you want to trigger the gate, see what you get.....