Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in America

Freestyle Forum: HE SAID/SHE SAID

Old 01-09-2001, 07:54 AM
FREESTYLE DIVA

DONT LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAIDD SHE SAID THESE THINGS GET ME UPSETTTTT CUZ YOU KNOW MY LOVE IS TRUEEEE.
AS YOU ALL KNOW IM VERY UPSET ABOUT THE FACT THERE ARE MULTIPLE SINGERS WITH THE SAME NAME - LIKE THE 3 PEOPLE WHO POSE AS GIGGLES. I MUSTVE BEEN BLIND ALL THESE YEARS TO NOT REALIZE THAT THIS IS GOING ON. DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW OF ANY SINGERS WHO DO THIS AS WELL?
THATS WHY I LOVE GEORGE LAMOND HE WAS AND WILL ALWAYS BE TRUE TO HIS FANS

Old 01-09-2001, 08:45 AM

Nyasia is on a distinguished road
Unhappy HI Lori

How are you doing?

Unfortunately it happens all the time. But it's not the artists fault. Sometimes the name belongs to the label and they sign the artist to perform under that name, and when things don't go well they let the artist go and get someone else to perform under that very same name. But I think every one brings something different to the stage. I now it sucks because how are you suppose to follow your favorite artists career? I sympathize with you girl!

Take care,
Nyasia (the only one)
Old 01-09-2001, 08:53 AM
MontageMusicEnt

Unhappy

I hate to admit it but it was a standard practice for some of the freestyle labels to do such a thing. I agree every artist whether using the 3 Giggles for example brung their own talent to the stage
Old 01-09-2001, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Sal Collaziano is an unknown quantity at this point
TKA

Isn't this the case with TKA as well?

Find us on Facebook!
A number of women agree that I'm handsome. Don't forget "zero" is a number.
Old 01-09-2001, 12:54 PM
CF Member

Arturo
Debbie Deb was also a victim of such practices...After Debbie Deb recorded "When i hear music" and "Lookout Weekend", the label brought another Debbie Deb to perform at concerts only because they thought she looked prettier than the original Debbie Deb.
Old 01-09-2001, 06:01 PM
CF Member

FreestyleDvaKel
i hear ya

kinda just creates CONFUSION...doesn't it???!!!
Old 01-10-2001, 08:15 AM
CF Freestyler

James Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
3 different "Giggles"

From what I understand, Nyasia is right when she says the record company owns the right to the artist's name.."Giggles" was Maria Respeto in 1986 with "Love Letter"....Then there was some other random girl in 1988 with "Hot Spot", which was on Atlantic, not Cutting records and then the most known Giggles is the early 90's one that recorded the "He loves me, he loves me not" album...The name is owned by Cutting and Charlie "Rock" Jiminez, from what I understand.....How bad must that suck to be the original Giggles and just have the record company call and be like uhhhhh yeah we got a new girl so take a hike
Old 01-10-2001, 12:14 PM
CF Member

Arturo
I heard that Charlie Rock was married to Giggles...i was wondering, which Giggles is he married to? the first one, the second one, or the third one? *LOL*
Old 01-10-2001, 01:50 PM
The Gay Lord of Freestyle

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
Angry It happens in groups all the time

It ticks me off when I go to see a group I know perform and the line up is completely different and they're using the same name. The Cover Girls line up completely changed. Sweet Sensation had a few line up changes (Betty LeBron, lead singer, never left. Just backgroud singers.) Pajama Party and Seduction are completely different. The original line up of Expose` was Laurie, Ale` and Sandee` before it became Ann, Jeanette and Gioia. In fact, if you go to www.LaurieMiller.com you can find pictures of the original Expose` and some of the history of the group by clicking on the Expose` link.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:36 PM
Recording / Performing Artist

Ashley is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Unfortunately it happened to a good friend of mine who got me Started in the buisness Reinaldo, who was on High Power. They own the name thats why he now goes by Reynaldo which released a full length cd on Hot in 1997.

Ashley

http://www.ashleyonline.moonfruit.com

Whens it all Gonna End ? You said that you Loved me you need me, but I Know thats not true.
Old 01-11-2001, 03:27 AM
Johnny Budz

Same thing happened with Maribell. "Roses are red" and "Don't make me promises" are 2 different people on vocals.

Its just a part of the music bizz. Its not just freestyle. Most labels own these names. What about Menudo ! lol
Old 01-11-2001, 08:42 AM
CF Freestyler

Sam K is an unknown quantity at this point
Lil Johnna part of Pajama Party

At the Fever Freestyle 2000 concert, Pajama Party's newest member was Lil Johanna. I didn't realize this until after the concert when I was chatting with her. I ended up confirming this with Erika from Fever.

"Manners open doors that position, money and fame cannot."
"Live everyday as if it's your last because someday it will be."
"From what we get, we can make a living. From what we give, we can make a life."
Old 01-12-2001, 09:30 AM
FREESTYLE DIVA

PAJAMA PARTY AT EXIT

pajama party looked way too young to be the real pajama party wtf they werent even singing were they. those girls werent even born yet during the freestyel era.
Old 01-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Sal Collaziano is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Stop It!

This is partially what ruined Freestyle to beginwith. It's got to stop. Forget about the name, just make the damn music. Sure, it happens in all types of music. Motley Crue lost their lead singer. It was still CALLED Motley Crue, but far from it. Same with Anthrax. Shit! Ratt (band from the 80s) is on tour this year and NOBODY from the original band is still there. "Idiots" own their name. Make a new group. If the music is good, it'll sell. If it isn't good, don't SELL OUT the type of music for pennies! Otherwise, I DID like the "Hot Spot" Giggles best. That's one of my favorite songs by them...

Find us on Facebook!
A number of women agree that I'm handsome. Don't forget "zero" is a number.
Old 01-14-2001, 03:58 AM
Recording / Performing Artist

Latin Nation is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face On the Reinaldo topic

Ashley the Reinaldo that is on High Power was 3 different Reinaldo's. But the Reynaldo from CT. is not one of them, if he claim to be is not true. I know for a fact on who they were, thats why on the Album it doesn't have a face, and the original Reinaldo change his name to Rei Summers. But is true what happens when the label do things like, Why? I have no Idea it doesn't make sense, but is true. It happen to Prince, and destiny Child how many has been Destinys Child???...LOL...Hope is clear for you guys....
Old 01-15-2001, 02:38 PM

Kenny Guido is on a distinguished road
Angry

I HEARD MICHELLE VIASGE WAS PISSED THAT SHE WASNT INVITED TO THE FEVER 2000 CONCERT!
Old 01-15-2001, 05:26 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

BBOY3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
dont make me promises-maribel

hey johhny budz didnt debbie cole sing the vocals on maribels "dont make me promises" ? i thought nobody knew that freestyle secret lol...
M A R L O N
BBOY3000
Old 01-15-2001, 09:18 PM
CF Freestyler

lex is an unknown quantity at this point
damn this is a good subject. i knew sumin was different about the Maribel's "Roses Are Red" & "Don't Make Me Promises"<--which i do not like. La Rissa is a different person now and the one who performed as the La Rissa wasn't even the real singer. I mean if you heard her you would definitely know! spanish fly also went through this. the spanish fly during the song "precious" was originally of lorenzo ramos and rodney mahem. however ALEXANDER replaced rodney for vocals so it was sorta like a milli vanilli thing but only one real singer Lorenzo. i heard there were at least other Debbie Debs from the original. and there was tka with the adding and leaving of members. also sweet sensation it was made into a 4 girl group after the oringal 2 back-ups left. cover girls, in which angel left and returned and left again and leading vocalists were changing. there's also rumor that Elissa did vocals on "PUSH IT IN" a non freestyle track released under TIRA BLACK. and the there's Emotion In Motion who's had a numerous change of members!
Old 01-15-2001, 10:00 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Delicious,D
Yo Alex of Latin Nation!

Sorry bro, But the man who is now "REYNALDO" is the original "Reinald -"O". His real name is "Walter". In fact Walter didn't even finsh the album. If you look inside the cd, in the credits, it says that there where two vocalist. Walter who is the man behind "Another Night", "My Sweet Love", and "Forever".

The voice that finshed the album, the 2nd "Reinaldo" was a man named "Sammy". Sammy is who later became "Rei-Summers".
Look inside your cds, and see it to be true Reynaldo is Reinaldo.

P.E.ace
Delicious,D

Old 01-16-2001, 12:20 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

randygalaxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Is this the real Larissa??

So i was wondering is this the real LaRissa ?? Cause she performed in San Jose, If not who is she ??
http://www.geocities.com/galaxyphotos/randylarissa.jpg
Old 01-18-2001, 06:28 AM
CF Freestyler

RoGeReM
Ratt

Ratt still has two original members. Stephen Pearcy left because the drummer wanted control and he does not even write the music. Stephen would have stayed if they would have waited to go on tour. As for the new lead singer, his name is Jizzy Pearl and he is an a** hole. I met him once. They won't make it with him. Stephen is now recording a solo album. I am sure he will out sell Ratt, just like Sebastian Bach will do better than today's line-up of Skid Row. Sorry to get off the Freestyle topic, I love this brand of rock and had to put my input in on the subject. I also did not know that there were three different singers called Giggles. lol