Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: Track Makers for CDR's

Old 09-19-2002, 08:21 PM
CF Member

gregk
Track Makers for CDR's

When you make mixes and put them on cdr's, how do you make the separate tracks that show up on the cd player? If you put a 50 minute continuous mix, how do you put tracks in there such as 1 through 50? I have an internal burner. I know of someone who has an external burner who can do it, but what about internal?

Old 09-24-2002, 03:39 AM
New To CF

Radical Rob
In a nutshell, you will need a program like Wavelab which enables you to create markers in between the songs.

The markers in turn become your ID points. The only thing that sucks about Wavelab is if you are using Pioneer CDJ1000's it doesnt allow you to create text.

That's the way I do my radio show.

peace
Old 09-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Rhoq

I'm not sure about using a PC, but if you are a Mac user, I have found Roxio's audio burning program Jam most effective. All you would have to do is set your start and stop times and keep adding the mix, leaving no space between tracks, until your mix is broken down perfectly. Everytime you add the mix to start the next track, just start it at the same exact time you left off with the previous track (see exmaple below). Jam also allows you to boost/lower the levels just incase one of the songs mixed in slightly lower/louder than expected.

Example:
Track 1 (start: 00:00:00, Stop 02:29:47)
Track 2 (start: 02:29:47, Stop 04:58:72)
Track 3 (start: 04:58:72, Stop 07:03:31)

and so on...