Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: Huge Dj Expo!!!

Old 05-09-2002, 02:28 PM

Kenny Guido is on a distinguished road
Huge Dj Expo!!!

>MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
>
>More than 5,000 DJs and club enthusiasts will converge upon The Atlantic
>City Convention Center this August for:
>
>* 3 days of the world's largest DJ Exhibit Hall featuring every top DJ and
>club manufacturer and countless product introductions!
>
>* 4 days of highly-acclaimed, star-studded seminars and workshops!
>
>* PLUS totally awesome nightly parties featuring world renowned DJs and
>club
>professionals.
>
>Past Expos Featured: Jam Master Jay, QBert, Shaggy, Thunderpuss, Danny
>Tenaglia, Frankie Knuckles, Tony Humphries, Erick Morillo & Reel 2 Real,
>and
>many more to come!
>
>
>REGISTER BEFORE MAY 15th AND GET A FREE EXHIBITS PASS OR SAVE $$$ ON A
>FULL
>EXPO PASS!
>Check it out online!
>Go to www.djtimes.com or call 1-800-YES-7678
>
>The International DJ Expo/The Club Show
>THE WORLDWIDE DJ EVENT
>August 26-29, 2001
>The Atlantic City Convention Center
>
>
>See our brochure PDF file!
>
>www.djtimes.com/DJExpo-ClubShow2002.PDF
>

Old 05-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Honorary CF Member

Location: Jersey aka the land of jughandles, k-turns and RIGHT side of the road exits. :-)
DreamGirl is on a distinguished road
Ok, so wait...I lost. Is this open to everyone, or just DJ's? What if someone has a close personal friend thats a DJ?

~Meg~
"I get lost in your eyes, and it makes my spirits rise. Is it love that I am in? I get weak in a glance, isn't that what's called romance? I just fell, don't know why. Something's there we can't deny. I don't mind not knowing what I'm headed for, you can take me to the skies. It's like being lost in heaven, when I'm lost in your eyes."
Old 05-11-2002, 02:20 PM
JackG

Dream Girl - How will they know if you are a DJ or not, lol.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Honorary CF Member

Location: Jersey aka the land of jughandles, k-turns and RIGHT side of the road exits. :-)
LMAO! Good point Jack! Well, I think my dead give away would be when they start talking technical terms and I have a blank look on my face as in WTF? LOL

But it's all good. I'm interested in the DJ stuff thanks to my friend and I attempted it on my college radio station, but because of the type of music I played, my show got the boot. But also cause my college has a weak signal, so that led to listener probs as in we didn't have any. LOL

I was just wondering about the DJ expo in AC this summer, cause I heard my DJ friend talking about one, and I think he meant this one, cause I haven't heard of any others. I guess I assumed you needed DJ credentials or something. I guess thats not the case though.

~Meg~
"I get lost in your eyes, and it makes my spirits rise. Is it love that I am in? I get weak in a glance, isn't that what's called romance? I just fell, don't know why. Something's there we can't deny. I don't mind not knowing what I'm headed for, you can take me to the skies. It's like being lost in heaven, when I'm lost in your eyes."
Old 05-11-2002, 04:04 PM
Honorary CF Member

mike4949 is on a distinguished road
I'll defenitly make the trip for that. Since I'm a DJ myself
Old 05-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Honorary CF Member

Lemme know if you definately go Mike, cause chances are high I'm going, so if you go, maybe we can meet up.

~Meg~
Old 05-15-2002, 12:52 AM
New To CF

prodjmc
It's actually open to anyone. You don't have to be a DJ. There are workshops for people in the industry, demo's from various companies showing the latest in sound and lighting effects. The cool part is they always sell the demo equiptment at very reduced rates (bring $$$$ if your looking to start DJ'ing or just to get new gear). The cool part is the after parties at night. Just picture hanging out with the Tri-state areas hottes DJ's, MC's and dancers. Very cool. You can order tickets and expo passes through Mobile beat magazine (mobilebeat.com or idjnow.com ask for Rob and tell him Al from Sounds Unlimited Entertainment sent you, he will probably give you some free passes too).

Peace
Old 05-15-2002, 12:55 AM
Honorary CF Member

Awesome! Thanks Prodjmc!!!!!!!!!! If all goes well, I may be going. Thanks for the info!

~Meg~
Old 05-25-2002, 09:19 AM
CF Freestyler

djsun1ny
Yeah if youwant to learn about not only Mobbile markets or club programming this is the place to go. Mobile Beat also does one in LV. I go every year to the DJ times one. The have contests at competitions for the djs at the locol clubs. 1999 I won the vynil spinoff at club deja vu there in AC for the DJ times expo. My friend and former boss Frank Garcia has a booth and does seminars there on the techniques and myths of beat mixing as well as how to DJ. He even has a school for it here in queens and videos on the subject. Through him I got a gig for that 1999 expo helping out Pioneer when the 700's came out. I was demoing the product. that was fun & I got a Jacket from Pioneer for it. (No free equipment bummer) But if you ever want to see a sick convention where literally there is a Gorilla and a chicken running dow the halls of the Taj Majal go to this event it is Fun!
Old 08-01-2002, 11:55 AM
New To CF

CookieChris527
Hey Guys! Hope to see you guys there! I'm going with my manager, Mikey D. Can't wait to go to the Strictly Rhythm Party!! Who else here is going?
Old 08-01-2002, 12:00 PM
New To CF

CookieChris527
Hey djsun1ny, you know Frank Garcia (from Mainline, right?)? I met him a while back. He was at one of my jobs (a club in nyc) and he was going to do the sound system there. We got to talking and I told him I was a singer and he gave me his card, but I've been so busy lately I never got a chance to call him.. But he'll be doing a beatmixing workshop (Myths and Methods of Beatmixing) this year, so I'll definitely stop by and see him. Hope to see you there!
Old 08-01-2002, 12:35 PM
CF Freestyler

DJ RENE G is an unknown quantity at this point
I should be there. If I do go, you'll see me at the DJ Times/DJ Chat exhibit booth helping out.
www.djreneg.com
[email protected]