Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: How many dance Dj's are on this site.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:19 PM
CF Freestyler

DjCaliente is on a distinguished road
DJ Gil you are also the man that does freestyle I have your freestyle cds they are excellent papa keep the good work.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:20 PM
CF Freestyler

DjCaliente is on a distinguished road
I am also a dj as well that does the best of Freestyle and Eurodance and Vocal Trance music but what I do most best at is Eurodance and kicked ass from all over the world and also live in Tampa and soon moving back to Chicago.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:24 AM
New To CF

cutupkid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjCaliente
DJ Gil you are also the man that does freestyle I have your freestyle cds they are excellent papa keep the good work.
thanks alot for the support and the feedback.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:03 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: New York born, Sunset Park, now living in PA and badly missing freestyle music.
ted is an unknown quantity at this point
:shakinboo I agree you have some great mixed cd's!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:07 PM
New To CF

cutupkid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted
:shakinboo I agree you have some great mixed cd's!!!
thanks alot...very appreciative of the feedback
Old 08-15-2005, 11:09 PM
New To CF

DJ_OxYgEn_NyC is on a distinguished road
Hey what's up I started Djing at the age of 16. I am 33 now and I mostly spin vinyl...I spin Progressive/Trance/Hardstyle/Tribal/Tech-House/Freestyle. I also spin spanish and reggaeton on CD's but there's no feel like vinyl. I started out by collecting freestyle when it originally surfaced in the 80's and haven't stopped yet. You can consider me a vinyl-junkie.... And mostly all the good underground stuff is only released on vinyl... I have a Mobile Dj service in NYC "Urban Dance Entertainment" which I started in 1993 and has been growing ever since. Music is my life and I will dedicate my life to it til the day I die. If anyone is ever in the city and wants to get a set in with me hit me up at [email protected] or [email protected]. Take care my fellow junkies and let's keep the freestyle spinning on our tables..........
Old 09-04-2005, 07:36 PM
New To CF

Vjc
Spinning SINCE 1975

All My Infor is here www.disco935.net
Been DJing Since 1975 I Spin everything(even have mixes here on Clubfreestyle)......Spinning Mixes from the 70's till today's DANCE
Disco/Freestyle/House/HI-Energy/Nu-Wave/R&B/Soul....YOU Name it I Spin it

VJC
Old 09-04-2005, 10:39 PM
CF Member

Location: Not much in Virginia. Back home in Philly you still hear it.
cange30 is on a distinguished road
I've been spinnin' for 16 years. Worked in some clubs in Philly area, Waynesburg College area and Richmond, VA area. Still spin VINYL, and use cd's as well. Vinyl still has that great feel. Music/vinyl that I collected started way before I started djing. Using belt driven turntables and graduating to 1200's was like a rebirth to vinyl for me. I have many serious classics going way back to disco and the birth of freestyle, house, disco house, etc, etc. I spin all kinds of genres. Still active today and I would NEVER give up my vinyl! There is just no way to find all these classics on cd, and I know if I sell them (vinyl), most of the jamz are double, triple, or more then when I bought them. :dancingb
Old 09-08-2005, 11:42 AM
CF Freestyler

Location: I'M FROM THE PLACE WHERE FREESTYLE GREW IT'S FIRST HAIRS. NYC BABY. HOME OF THE FAMOUSE CLUB "PALADIUM" "STUDIO 54"
FreestyleZFinest is on a distinguished road
I Started Dj'n About 2 Weeks Ago And I Already Have 3000 Cds Out And A Major Label In Mexico, Called Piche Mamon. I Spin Everything From Coke Bottles To Dominoes. Lol
Old 09-14-2005, 09:44 PM
CF Freestyler

DOS Records has a little shameless behaviour in the past
lmao......that was funny as hell Finest!!!
My "brief" Dj story----i'm 34, been spinnin since I was 14.... ..started with hip-hop...evolved into freestyle and then to dance, always did the hip hop as well. My first set was some belt drive techniques and mannnnnnnnnnnnnn did that shit drive me nuts (and drove dad nuts too cuz they were his from 2 different houses...with a "Realistic' mixer from Radioshak-hehehe) Got some 12's in highschool, started doin some school parties and block parties. Started doin local bars @ 17, then some guest spots at some L.I. clubs (Metro700-Jamz-Industry-Spit-and Resident at O.B.I. for a few years) Started my mobile company at 17 "Dimensions Of Sound " Entertainment..still runnin' the company under "Fiesta Fiesta Entertainment" for the past 2 years. Weddings and Corperate functions are our main business. (I have 6 Dj's and 4 Emcees) I'm Still doing Club spots almost weekly. I love spinnin....there's nothing like it (althought the mobile has become alot less fun) but it's great. There's always a good story after a gig...
Old 09-27-2005, 11:01 AM
New To CF

tkjunior is on a distinguished road
Talking wat uo doe

JUST WANTED TO SAY WAT UP TO ALL THE FREESTYLE FANS OUT THERE . AND I ALSO WANTED TO KNOW IF THERES ANY ,FREESTYLE, OLD HOUSE, AND DANCE DJS IN CHI-TOWN? PEACE OUT

Last edited by tkjunior; 09-27-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:15 AM
New To CF

FreestyleIsMyLife is on a distinguished road
I spin Freestyle, and lots of House (Jack Trax, Hip House, Hard & Filter as well).
Old 09-30-2005, 03:16 AM
New To CF

FreestyleIsMyLife is on a distinguished road
Oh btw I only do vinyl.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:12 AM
CF Member

SpeedTribe is on a distinguished road
from high school i used to dj and make dance tracks with synths. i like all kinds genre from 50s rock to 90s dance, as long as good groove/rhythm its all good, old school hip hop, disco, synthpop, electrofunk, salsa, freestyle, detroit, chicago, etc... everything is cool! but had to quit because of university and all i do now is study :read and a some dance :dancingb but all this talk of making music in ths site is giving me some ideas.. :spliff
Old 10-01-2005, 12:18 PM
JackG

It's Great to hear from all of you awesome DJs! ClubFreestyle will be featuring CF DJs
and giving you mad promotion to the large ClubFreestyle audience. I will be contacting
DJs soon. Just you know I am the Administrator of CF if anyone else contatcs you here
its not official so wait for my contact or public call out!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:16 PM
CF Freestyler

Location: I'M FROM THE PLACE WHERE FREESTYLE GREW IT'S FIRST HAIRS. NYC BABY. HOME OF THE FAMOUSE CLUB "PALADIUM" "STUDIO 54"
FreestyleZFinest is on a distinguished road
i too only spin vinyl only because my cdn-88's messed up. i'm waiting for someone to fix it for me..any volunteers?

check out my mixes on
Old 12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
CF Member

HEARTHROBDJ95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjunior
JUST WANTED TO SAY WAT UP TO ALL THE FREESTYLE FANS OUT THERE . AND I ALSO WANTED TO KNOW IF THERES ANY ,FREESTYLE, OLD HOUSE, AND DANCE DJS IN CHI-TOWN? PEACE OUT
Right here.........DJ DESTINY
Old 12-14-2005, 11:23 PM
New To CF

djbigmark860 is on a distinguished road
I've been having a great time since I found this site a few days ago, I too spin vinyl, you name it and I play it ( It's all about the music!!!) my personal favorites are still from the time peroid ( early to mid 80's) when genre's where beginning to form or split, when you could by something from labels like prelude, emergency,tommy boy and west end and new it would play whever you were east coast or west.I've lost count of the amount 1200's I've owned over the years but my favorites were the SLB 101's were I began too develop my skills. I own a couple of pairs of cdj 1000's but primarily to rent to visiting dj's. I began spinning basement parties in 1976 and did a couple of shows on wwuh in hartford ct. between 80-81 I moved to the pacific northwest and played in several military clubs between 82 - 85 before coming back east.I guess I was really influenced by dj's like Tee Scott, larry Levan,and Shep Pettibone during that time,and i have been spinning since. I do a lot of rentals and live sound now and in the past few years have built one of the larger sound systems in the state.I still continue to spin my vinyl despite "peer pressure" to evolve (lol).
Old 12-18-2005, 11:44 AM
CF Freestyler

DJ Dee X-Man is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted
Lately, I have been wondering how many real DANCE Dj's are on this site.
I'm a member of Dj forums but they are are mainly Hip Hop DJ'S, with a only few Trance/Techno/progressivehouse. So tell your story Are you a Vinyl dj, CDj, or a PC dj. How did you start? who was your insperation. What genre do you enjoy mixing most and least?.
Damm TED. All this time that I've come to this site and this is the first time I see this THREAD> my bad!!

As you probably already know, I DJ to Freestyle, Trance, Techno, Rap, House, etc. Basically anything that has a consistent steady beat... I can mix it!!

I initially started DJing w/tables, but them records got heavy bro' and so I decided to go compact as in CDs. So I am a CD DJ now and I love it man!!

As for what GENRE I enjoy mixing the most... that would be FREESTYLE of course. But again, I like to X periment with anything that's out there.

BTW, good show last night man. I enjoyed it!!

Peace!
DJ Dee X-Man
Old 12-18-2005, 02:25 PM
CF Member

djantonio72 is on a distinguished road
My name is Antonio and I'm 33. I've been spinning since I was 13 years old and born and raised in Cleveland(yes Cleveland). My inspiration was dance radio back in the day , my parents going to the clubs when I was younger and the curiosity to know more and more about dance music in whole. I spin using mostly vinyl and very little cd's. I have and mix all the stuff including house , old school freestyle, techno house, trance, club , merengue, reggaeton and etc. My favorite stuff to mix lately is mostly trance, house and club stuff. When I have time and patience I'll mix some merengue. And there is nothing like spinning the vinyl for any new dj's just starting out.

Cool new stuff: 1. Annie Lennox - Saddest Song (trance)
2. Max Graham ft. Jessica Jacobs - I Know You're Gone
3. Fallen Angels - City Life (clubhouse)
4. Dajae - Brighter Days 2005 (clubhouse)

Last edited by djantonio72; 12-18-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:58 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

melissa figueroa is on a distinguished road
wow that is cool damn someone from around my way finally in this mug lol..Do you know Benny velez.?have you been to club kikis yet
Old 12-20-2005, 06:09 PM
CF Member

Cool yeah Cleveland is alright. I met Benny Velez years ago he is an awesome Dj . Nice to meet you by the way.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:46 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

melissa figueroa is on a distinguished road
Same to you yeah he is real cool.Cleveland is nothing compared to NY I miss Ny like crazy ..I think Cleveland os more violent than Ny lmao..DO you Dj at any clubs
Old 12-21-2005, 11:14 PM
CF Member

I don't dj at any club right now. I pretty much dj for a hobby and mix my own cd's. And Cleveland has its own click of dj's with residencies everywhere. I would love to dj in New York , Jersey , or Boston where most people know the ins and outs of dance music. And why is that because there are actual radio stations that play dance music 24/7 and not only after hours like they do here in Cleveland. The best music I hear is on Saturday nights when Dj Allen Colon and Dj Joe Bermudez tear it up with the latest house and club music. Happy holidays and feliz ano nuevo!!!