Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: recording gear

Old 04-14-2004, 11:38 PM
New To CF

crazydee
recording gear

Well, I was just about to pick me up a m-box and my friend is offering to sell me is YAMAHA AW16G for $600. m-box goes for a lil over $400. which should I get? And a question in recording in general. I made all my songs on my triton le. so when I go to record it in say the yamaha or pro tools, i would go midi outof keyboard to midi in of watever I decide to use. My question is my songs on the triton are 16 tracks, so will it come up as 16 tracks on the recorder? ok maybe I don't make sense cause I'm new to this. If anyone can give me a basic rundown on how getting songs from my keyboard onto cd works. thanks.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:07 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

YOUNG MEGATRON is on a distinguished road
My Brother got the M-box , The Triton Le, and Pro Tools. His shits on point. dude you all ready have your stuff sequenced in the triton. so you really dont need much . you can even get like a Hard recorder with a built in burner .. like the the roland vs series for like a grand. and just dump your tracks on that in the order of sequence you want and then just lay the vocals and burn. Or you can buy any software and do the same thing. But all Gear reads each other through midi so you wont have any problems.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:39 AM
CF Member

davetheonemendez is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydee
Well, I was just about to pick me up a m-box and my friend is offering to sell me is YAMAHA AW16G for $600. m-box goes for a lil over $400. which should I get? And a question in recording in general. I made all my songs on my triton le. so when I go to record it in say the yamaha or pro tools, i would go midi outof keyboard to midi in of watever I decide to use. My question is my songs on the triton are 16 tracks, so will it come up as 16 tracks on the recorder? ok maybe I don't make sense cause I'm new to this. If anyone can give me a basic rundown on how getting songs from my keyboard onto cd works. thanks.
You have 16 tracks on your triton but if i'm not mistaken you only have four individual outputs and a stereo output. Most Gear is set up this way; there are options that allow for 8 to 16 digital outputs via adat litepipe.
So you have to bus tracks; send them to the same outputs on some channels to get them onto your hard disk recorder or tape machine.

Wow; you have a very tough choice with the Maudio and the aw16g; the aw16g is a great machine; and has enough inputs for your tritons outputs (six) there's a cd burner included; no need for a computer. The effects section is robust too. Yamah is well known for build and quality.
The computer is a powerul tool and limitless depending on how you have it configured. With pci cards and firewire solutions you can have a serious professional 24 - 48 track studio. Pro Tools users have been doing this for years. We now have mammoth storage options (hard drives are bigger) and insane processing speed (pentium 4 3.2 ghz and powerpc g5) do remember that we had pro tools 24 mix systems on g3's and g4's and many hits are still made on those old (by todays standsards) configurations.
If you have the pc; I'd go with the maudio; you can expand from there and get a sound card with more input output capability and use any program from that point. If you hate computers; yamaha is hands down the solution.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:43 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

sietzsounds is on a distinguished road
I'm not familiar with the Triton LE... is there a way u can save a song as a midi file to a disk.... cause then u can "import midi" right to protools.... also u should be able to sync the Triton to protools via midi so when u hit play on protools, Triton runs in sync.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:37 PM
New To CF

crazydee
yes, i can save my midi data onto a smart media card and buy an adapter to import them to my computer. still a hard choice. i've read that its recomended to have another hard drive if using pro tools thats at least 30gb from reading stuff on their site. so thats extra money to be spent for me. which of the 2 routes is easiest to use?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:37 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

sietzsounds is on a distinguished road
well you're gonna need a drive that big anyway to store your audio files. Synching protools & triton should be an ok way of running the system.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:28 PM
CF Freestyler

DOS Records has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i'de go with the mbox, and anotehr hard drive, together it will be about 600 and wikll be a much better choice than the yamaha station, u can easily dump your 16 tracks from your triton into your protools and still have trax for vocals and even mnore triton trax, ust get a lil 1x1 usb midi interface for a cool 35 bux and you are in business. Don't forget, u can eventually get reason or another pc based system and just import it to protools, your possibilities are endless with the mbox/harddrive combo.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:10 PM
CF Member

HEARTHROBDJ95
I think everyone should use cool edit pro, I think thats the best and easiest to use!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:17 PM
CF Freestyler

DOS Records has a little shameless behaviour in the past
cool edit is not a wise suggestion for anyone who wants to be serious in this biz
Old 07-06-2004, 11:23 PM
CF Member

HEARTHROBDJ95
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOS Records
cool edit is not a wise suggestion for anyone who wants to be serious in this biz
I use it to make mix cd's and it works fine for me. And I'm serious about it.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

Angelino is on a distinguished road
I Bought A Cd Burner(sony) And I'm Having A Lot Of Trouble Recorging. Once I Finish Recording Everything I Finalize It And I'm Ready To Go, But In The Middle Of The Cd It Sounds Like There A Lot Of Air And Static. Can Anyone Please Help Me.............
Old 08-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Banned

Mysterious Darkness is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEARTHROBDJ95
I use it to make mix cd's and it works fine for me. And I'm serious about it.
You got to realize something. Veterans, and Has-been's believe in being old fashioned. I say it's all about the quality and not what you use.

Cool Edit is a fine choice btw.