Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Community Lounge > General Discussion / Community Introductions

Notices

General Discussion / Community Introductions This is the community lounge. Discuss anything other than Freestyle dance music here. If you're new, please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Freestyle Forum: September 11th

Old 09-05-2003, 03:39 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

4eVerFreeStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
September 11th

Hi Everyone.

I started this thread yesterday, but I took too dayum long typing it to it booted me off.

Anyway, I can't believe another year has gone by.

I watched that special last night on A&E about September 11th and it was pretty good. It's so true how everyone just got along... there were no colors no differences between us.

Now, the reason I really started this thread....

I read that they are going to release the transcripts of the radio communications between dispatches and the callers (some of which that never made it out of there alive) to the public.

I am the type of person that "needs to know" everything about everything. I know (not that I can even imagine how horrible things really were), but I know it wasn't good and people were so afraid of what was happening to them and around them.

I think about that day allot. And I think everyone should in some way or another. I mean, as horrible as that day was, allot of good came out of it... meaning, the way people reacted to each other. Dayum, people were patient driving... (me too) people were more courteous and stuff like that.

I don't live in a fantasy world, believe me.... it's just the child in me that's all.

As for the transcripts, one wife stated that she wants to know exactly everything her husband went through before he died. Another said that her imagination is bad enough and she didn't want to know how much worse it really was compared to the way she is already imagining it.

What do you think?

Bayonne is going to have a moment of silence and I know I'll be there. There or Liberty. Just to be close to where the Twin Towers once was on that day makes me feel better.

It's still so unbelievable that something like that happened.

God Bless you all.
Gina

Old 09-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Honorary CF Member

JOEDOCPA is on a distinguished road
i watched it to you can never forget that day and i still prey for the familys who lost loved ones on that day and will always prey for them and wont foget about what happen on 911 01
Old 09-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Honorary CF Member

LaBettyBoop is on a distinguished road
Well yes Sept. 11th was a major transition! It did make people more helpful to one another, more courteous, more sympathetic, etc. You can feel the change in the people. The vibes were so different. Something I never felt before. We live in a world of such negativity. That after that day, everyone was so united! So together! But one thing we don't have is our Freedom anymore! The U.S. will always be on it's P's & Q's! NO FREEDOM AT ALL! Due to all these terrorists.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:43 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Lamatrix is on a distinguished road
I don't think I could bare to read the transcripts. That day is still to painful. I cried like a baby. for those who were lost. I can't even imagine what they went through. I say remember them and keep their memory alive not the hurt.

The Matrix is the world that had been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.. :scatter

ONE OF THE COFOUNDERS OF LLI. [LAS LOCAS INC.] :uzi
GANGSTA MAMA IN DA HOUSE! WHAT!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:23 PM
The Gay Lord of Freestyle

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
My friends and I took off work last year and went to the ceremony, and walked around and looked at the various memorials.

I wanted to do that againthis year, but myt work schedule is to crazy now.

I will be at work, but before I go home, I will be stopping at Eagle Rock Reservation to visit the memorial there.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:32 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

aim4night is on a distinguished road
4everfreestyle...where in bayonne is the moment of silence being held??

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ~~ METAMORPHIS
Old 09-08-2003, 12:37 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Hey Aim....

It'll be at the 1st Street Park like last year. I believe it starts at 7:00.

I have work this night so I won't be making the actually ceremony, so I'll probably drive to Liberty State Park just to look over at the city and say a little prayer then.

Gina
Old 09-08-2003, 01:29 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

SEDUCTIVE NENA is an unknown quantity at this point
SEPT. 11

Since I was in the building at the time and lost many friends, I don't think the transcripts should have been released before the 2nd anniversary. It's hard enough to have to deal with what is going on for them to do this.

As you left and said your goodbyes, you forgot to tell my heart how to live without you. :sosad

Old 09-08-2003, 03:11 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

I am so sorry to hear that you lost someone that day.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:15 PM

Nyasia is on a distinguished road
I think the family members should be able to have the transcripts if they chose to have it. I just hope they don't make them public to everyone outside of family members. We lost a family friend that day, and my a miracle of God my sister was late to work that day, but god forbid something should have happened to her, I would have loved to have her voice one more time with me. But Nena I know what you mean, it is a very personal and neverending trauma, that shouldn't be capatilized on.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:42 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Pattyg81
When I go to NY, that is one thing to looking foward to go visit it the memorials WTC etc...
Chicago, IL
Old 09-09-2003, 12:25 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

OMG Naya, I am so glad you're sister was late that day. I also agree that anything to do with September 11th should be kept and dealt with the most respect for the living and for those who have died.

My kids are young, but they definitely felt that day and still do (ok, my 7 year old does, my 5 yr doesn't think twice about anything).

Last year, we went to see the lights go on and whatever tribute they do this year, we'll be there again.

I know I mentioned how I didn't lose anyone that day, but it's something I think about often.

Always,
God Bless,
Gina
Old 09-09-2003, 02:29 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

SEDUCTIVE NENA is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad your sister was not there and late that day. I'll be spending this year's Anniversary in church with my family and friends.

As you left and said your goodbyes, you forgot to tell my heart how to live without you. :sosad

Old 09-09-2003, 03:31 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Freestygal is an unknown quantity at this point
Its unbelievable how all the sadness comes back once the anniversary draws near again. It's really hard to believe that it's 2 yrs already!! Ive been watching a lot of specials on the World Trade Center the last few days, and I just cant help but cry. Last night PBS aired a special and towards the end they were showing 1 person after naother leaping from the top floors and the reaction of bystanders watching on the streets. It is still the most unimaginable thing I have ever seen in my life. I still cant help but think about what those people went through that day. And yesterday, the final firefighter was laid to rest...the funeral was just a few blocks away from where I live in Brooklyn. He was 29 yrs old and they never found his remains. All his parents were able to bury in the casket was a vial of blood that he donated to a bone morrow program just shortly before he died.

Randi (FreestyleGal)
"Looking in your eyes...I see a memory...of how it used to be...Before my world came tumbling down...I tried...I did nothing else but try to keep our love alive...Oh how I loved you so and you just made me cry."---SaFire