Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Community Lounge > General Discussion / Community Introductions

Notices

General Discussion / Community Introductions This is the community lounge. Discuss anything other than Freestyle dance music here. If you're new, please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Freestyle Forum: LOVE IS...

Old 01-09-2001, 10:19 PM
CF Member

Location: Rock, metal, dance, blues, freestyle, house...no rap
GOOFeeSNAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Take this for what it's worth, it came to me from nowhere so I wanted to put it somewhere...sorry if it's a little long.

There's a point in your life when you crossover from arrogant adolescence into adulthood. You go from thinking "me, me, me" to "them", or "her", or "him". In your head, someone else takes the throne you once occupied.
That's when you know love.
The other thing that happens, and it happens right after "love", is worry, and sometimes fear.
When you worry about someone other than yourself so much that your mouth gets dry and you lick your lips constantly, and your heart beats faster with every disaster you're able to conjure up in your mind in regards to what might happen to that person.
You create nearly impossible scenarios where the one, or ones you love are in danger, or sick, or sad, or dying, and you desperately try and come up with a solution for these imaginary troubles, but each answer only serves to bring up more questions, more roadblocks.
When what you feel is so great, so overwhelming that you want to run and hide in a dark corner somewhere because not knowing is always easier than knowing, loving, and losing.
That perpetual state of panic, that tiny nagging buzzing just off to the left and behind you where you can't get at it...that can only be love, so long as it grows from concern for another.
This is the turn in our lives most try to avoid with drugs and booze. Some try to envelop themselves in vanity and childish desires.
But it's as inevitable as death, love is, and as infinite.
Alpha and Omega, Beginning and The End. Two cosmic opposites eternally intertwined.
Both equally terrifying.
And neither can be outrun, yet still we try.
When we touch love we allow ourselves to be like God for awhile, a little while. We take on the responsibility of reshaping someone else's world into something they'd enjoy.
We bring flowers, we tell jokes, or take them out to the movies, or dinner, or just hold them when they need to cry.
We choose to become God of their universe for one long heartbeat.
So that must be why breakups are so tragic to most.
The person you played God for suddenly becomes an atheist, for whatever reason, and you're expelled from Eden, cast out of their good graces.
I could be wrong, but love IS blind, love hurts, love heals, and love kills.
I guess the effect love has on you depends on which way you run when it shows up.
Away or ahead.
Run and hide, or stand and fight.

If you made it this far, thak you for reading. Like I said up top, this just came to me and I didn't think it should remain buried in my head.
Feel free to attack or agree, I can handle either with great confidence.

Pete Hernandez
MAD Entertainment
pedro@spacelab.net.

"My ride crispies tell me you are e-vil and must be stopped!"

Old 01-10-2001, 01:54 PM
CF Member

Mandy
Thumbs up Hiya Pete :O)

hey pete :O)! I enjoyed reading your post...yes all of it, it wasnt too long for me. Do you write songs?....you seem to have a good way of expressin yourself. Love brings out alot of emotions in people thats for sure....well especially me too lol. Even though it may seem that love is absolute torture, tearing your heart out when its gone.....i always believe the saying "its better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all" I have loved and lost 3 times....and it still hurts...but with every love you learn and grow stronger i guess..or more pesimistic lol Even though Ive been through alot, i know i will love again...I love to be in love :O) anyways thanks for sharin ur feelins :O)
freestyle4eveR
Mandy aKa ReaL Love

PS i dont turn to drugs or drinking to heal my heart.....just FREESTYLE :O)
Old 01-10-2001, 04:55 PM
CF Member

to Mandy

Thanks for reading my post, like I wrote in it the words just come sometimes. I'm not dating or head over heels with anyone right now. Most of my friends are either in horrible marriages or crappy relationships so I guess I'm a little gun shy. I have written songs by the way but not for anyone in the biz, mostly for myself to sing with friends when we get together once in a while and jam.
Writing was my thing for a year or so, I wrote for magazines and stuff but my heart is in art, that's where I really shine and it's what I was born for. Once again, thanks for reading and sharing, I'm glad it touched someone.

Peace
Pete
Old 01-13-2001, 06:28 PM
FREESTYLE DIVA

GOOFEE - WHERE ARE YOU FROM AND HOW OLD?
JUST WANNA KNOW A LIL MORE ABOUT YOU
Old 01-14-2001, 07:25 PM
CF Member

To lori

Hey Lori, I'm 30 and from brooklyn. I'm latino but look white and I do graphics for a living.

pete
Old 04-16-2016, 12:36 PM
CF Member

Dude111 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFeeSNAX
Take this for what it's worth, it came to me from nowhere so I wanted to put it somewhere...sorry if it's a little long.
Not long at all...... Quite good and BETTER than I could do I think!!