Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > Freestyle Album Reviews and Artist Interviews

Notices

Freestyle Album Reviews and Artist Interviews Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle album reviews and artist interviews

Freestyle Forum: Ashley Here We Are

Old 04-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Recording / Performing Artist

Ashley is an unknown quantity at this point
Ashley Here We Are

Hi ;

I would like to hear your thoughts on My lastest single Here We Are.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Ashley

http://www.ashleyonline.moonfruit.com

Whens it all Gonna End ? You said that you Loved me you need me, but I Know thats not true.

Old 04-25-2004, 08:54 AM
CF Member

Fanaticjoe
Ashley - “HERE WE ARE” (CD Single)
Rating: 9 out of 10

1. Here We Are (Radio Edit) 4:30
2. Extended Club Mix 5:25
3. Drum and Vox 4:13
4. Keys and Vox 4:30
5. Ashley-Pellas 3:33
6. Just Drumz 4:13
7. Drumz and Delay 4:13
8. Hybrid Drumz and Vox 4:28
9. Freestek Mix 4:40
10. When's It All Gonna End? (Bonus Track) 4:28

What can be said about “HERE WE ARE” that isn’t already said when you hear the song? This is one of what now seems to be rare occasions where a new Freestyle song can speak for itself.

Continuing where they left off with “WHEN’S IT ALL GONNA END”, Edwin Ramos, Jr. and Ashley continue to impress me. Ashley’s vocals are the best they have ever been and Edwin’s production is tight. The song is very reminiscent of Chris Barbosa’s early 1990’s style when he had produced George LaMond’s biggest Freestyle hits. This is really no surprise, since Chris is one of Edwin’s musical influences.

Edwin and Ashley function as a team and seem to bring out the best in each other. I was not a fan of Edwin’s earlier productions (ie Hot Productions) but with last year’s release of The Evolution Of Dance and now “HERE WE ARE” by Ashley, he has proven that he can deliver quality Freestyle music.

The single boast 10 tracks, including the bonus track, “WHEN’S IT ALL GONNA END” (from the afore mentioned Evolution Of Dance compilation). Most of the mixes are various combinations of Vocals, drums and keyboards with different effects applied. What I appreciate most about this single, is not only do you get a variety of different mixes to choose from, but the Radio version also begins differently than the Extended Club Mix which shows me that some thought was put into the various mixes, instead of just doing a quick edit job. While Old School Multi-Edits would have been nice (and truly complete the package), the truth is: “HERE WE ARE” is so strong by itself that even without multi-edits, the song is complete.

There is a remix of “HERE WE ARE” featured on the single called the “Freestek Mix”, which is quite interesting. It incorporates James Brown breakbeats and electro-synth sounds to create a more progressive-Freestyle sound (some might argue that this mix isn’t Freestyle, but I would say it is). I compare this mix to something that Nu-Image producer Pompeo Messano might do. As long as it sounds good, I’m happy.

The bottom line: “HERE WE ARE” is the best new Freestyle song I have heard in years. It proves that if you pour your heart and soul into the music, the Old School quality will shine through in the end. This is the direction that Freestyle needs to go if it wants to survive and thrive. “Planet Rock” loops and so-called progression have done nothing to revitalize our music. In this era of CrapStyle releases it’s reassuring to know that there are some people out there still recording the kind of Freestyle music that I want to hear.

Any real Freestyle fan will feel the need to have this single in his/her collection, you will not be disappointed. Don’t be cheap and download the song, spend the $5 and get the real pressed CD!

I would have rated this single a perfect “10”, but I figured if I did that perhaps Ashley & Edwin might see no reason to push themselves further on their next collaboration.

To order your copy of “HERE WE ARE”, please visit Ashley’s Official website at: http://www.Ashley1.com

Taken from NHB.com
Old 04-25-2004, 09:35 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Edalgiere is on a distinguished road
ashley the track is excellent been playing it at work gave a cple of coworkers info in how to buy the cd
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
JackG

Hi Ashley, I'd love to get a promo of your new stuff on the CF home page.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Honorary CF Member

Krystal will become famous soon enough
Ashley!!!!! Love the song but then you know that! Specially love the Paradise edits! Weeeeeeeppppppppaaaaaa!

GMAN! She has a promo mp3 clip in the VIP section.

I'm not crazy...I'm just a little unwell! :stoned -MB20
Old 04-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Honorary CF Member

JOEDOCPA is on a distinguished road
Ashley i really like your new song keep up the good work .
Old 04-26-2004, 08:15 PM

JackG;

No problem Ill sent it to you asap .

Ashley

Whens it all Gonna End ? You said that you Loved me you need me, but I Know thats not true.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:25 PM
CF Freestyler

RoGeReM
Ashley....I love the song and am glad you included "When's It All Gonna End". I have been playing it ever since I bought it. I actually made my own compilation with "Here we Are" of new dance music. I buy so much music I have to make my own comps. I hope we can expect a full-length release sometime soon.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Junior Freestyler

forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGeReM
Ashley....I love the song and am glad you included "When's It All Gonna End". I have been playing it ever since I bought it. I actually made my own compilation with "Here we Are" of new dance music. I buy so much music I have to make my own comps. I hope we can expect a full-length release sometime soon.

Full length is slated for a mid summer release, and there are more planned releases of Ashley material within the year.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:45 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

EL_BORICUA_72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Forte keep me posted
Old 05-09-2004, 07:32 PM
CF Freestyler

canesfan3369
Ashley this has a kick @ss sound! I want it! Where can I get it?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan3369
Ashley this has a kick @ss sound! I want it! Where can I get it?

Canesfan;

Thankyou for the order Its been shipped . Enjoy

Ashley

Old 05-18-2004, 08:42 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Great song I can listen to it over and over.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:12 AM

Well;

Hopefully I can do better .

Ashley

Old 07-16-2004, 08:02 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Ashley sweety the song is the bomb you have Here We Are has been on the Latino Voice magazine in the top 10 for months and I remember correctly it's been #1 a few times
Old 10-20-2004, 06:01 PM
CF Member

Franco Carlos
HI ASHELY I bought the cd single here we are. I love it... my favorite mix is drums and delay mix.....I love the beats it has those strong freestyle beats and i sing along thru out the song. But my all time favorite is still DON"T LET ME GO"... love ya ASH

your CANADIAN FREESTYLE SUPPORT
FRANCO CARLOS
Old 10-21-2004, 06:33 PM

Thankyou everyone , I appreciate the support,

Some one@ this site is acting Inmature about a cd I shipped and they didnt recive so Im sure Ill be getting negative feedback shortly

I ve offered to resend it free of charge , but to no Avail.

OH well

Ashley

Old 06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Junior Freestyler

forte
http://www.mp3tunes.com/Ashley

Review Title -- Excellent Freestyle Dance Song

Reviewer: paulpark
Ashley's "Here We Are" is an excellent upbeat vocal dance song that fits the dance music genre known as Freestyle. The Freestyle music genre was very popular in the 80's and 90's (known as Latin Hip-Hop at the time)with dance music artists such as The Cover Girls, Safire, and Cynthia. What makes Ashley's song "Here We Are" so addicting is that she successfully manages to blend classic Freestyle music rhythms and beats with her extremely gifted vocal talents. Ashley's dreamy and soothing vocal work on "Here We Are" gives this Freestyle song a very modern 2005 feel and most important of all makes you wanna get up and dance! I recommend dance music fans download the Extended Club Mix version of "Here We Are" because it offers the best mix of Ashley's vocal talents and classic Freestyle dance beats. Extended Club Mix Track Time: 5:25
Old 06-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

PURE TREND is on a distinguished road
great song

ashley's here we are is one of the best new school freesyle songs out! ashley's sounds great and edwin ramos did a great job on the production! it has a radio friendy beat and with touch of the old freestyle magic that made us all love this music! if u love freestyle u will love this song!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

EvaSoul is on a distinguished road
Hi Ashley! The song is great, thanks for sharing it!

http://evasoul.tripod.com/index.html
Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Junior Freestyler

forte
Still available ...... Special discounted price for mentioning this site

I would like to hear your thoughts on My lastest single Here We Are.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Ashley

Old 02-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Freestyle Artist / Producer

djmerkone
This is a superb track. Its one of those tracks that takes everything out of the norm and catches your attention regardless of what you are doing. This song is very diffrent from what has been out there. I was very proud to purchase my copy as this was well worth it. My only set back is the mixes, although variating from the origional, radio and extended, I personally would have preferred a "radio-like" "freestek mix" where all the vocals are sung through the track. Other than that, this is well worth it. Great and excellent work by Ed & Ashley!