Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > Freestyle Album Reviews and Artist Interviews

Notices

Freestyle Album Reviews and Artist Interviews Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle album reviews and artist interviews

Freestyle Forum: Terrible! Jocelyn Enriquez- an album to avoid

Old 02-14-2003, 04:39 AM
CF Member

cafreestyler
Terrible! Jocelyn Enriquez- an album to avoid

after all the anticipation, i finally got to listen to the new jocelyn enriquez album. to my extreme disappointment i heard one of the worst albums in a long time.
first of all there is NO, I REPEAT NO - freestyle. with that out of the way, you get a boring, repetitive album with all the songs sounding the same. the album is really a house album. even for a house album it is bad
if you were expecting any freestyle at all or anything even closely resembling freestyle you will be disappointed, don't even waste time looking for any samples. from some of my past comments some of you will know that i wasn't the biggest fan of tka's new album but "forever" is 1000 times better than the new jocelyn enriquez album. just for comparison's sake. other cd's out there that aren't really freestyle (like the new angelina album) is still 1000 times better than the new jocelyn enriquez album.
the two "best" "new" songs she has made ("when i get close to you" and "so fabulous, so fierce") aren't even included on the album.
extremely disappointed. i am glad i got to listen to the album before making the mistake of buying it.

Here are some of the best weight loss options you can buy... CLICK HERE!
Old 02-14-2003, 06:30 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

francis
Wink

:hohsit

:thanks cafreestyler for this honest point of view.

Anyway, I won't buy it for I know that it wasn't Freestyle!!! :nono

Francis

:bangbang
Old 02-14-2003, 08:02 AM

Kenny Guido is on a distinguished road
Hey, we have to face facts. many of our favorite artists wont be releasing freestyle anymore. they just dont see on overall market for it. yes, there are the groups on the net, such as ourselves, but many artists want to go beyond the net's small "groupie" society. They want to reach a broader audience. I heard not too long ago that jocylin's last single (which was house) was doing great in the clubs, regardless to her freestyle past.

Many have found new fans in other genres (la india, brenda starr) and still want to pursue their new fanbase.

Last edited by KENNY GUIDO; 02-14-2003 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:31 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

francis
Yep!

But cafreestyler is mainly talking about quality, not about the fact that many artists went to other musical directions. Also, I saw on other boards some people said that some songs could be considered as a kind of genre of Freestyle. It's also a clarification: "Jocelyn's new album doesn't contain any Freestyle tracks". If the people still want to buy the album, up to them to do so... we're living in a free country!!! LOL

Personally, I listened to some samples of the Jocelyn E.'s album and I don't liked the songs I've heard, and the style is cheesy.
I prefer Jocelyn's voice in Freestyle. Just my opinion. Even if she wasn't one of my favorite Freestyle artists in the past.

Francis

:bangbang
Old 02-14-2003, 10:24 AM
CF Member

SexyChola
Bottom line.........just as anyone would...you gonna go towards the style which is gonna bring in the most $$$....but I thought the cd was tight, In my opinion wayyyyy better than angelina's. The only thing, which Ive mentioned in another post, the slow songs. Her voice is tight, but I cant get into slow jams. However, everyone has different tastes.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:54 PM
CF Member

Lyzelle is an unknown quantity at this point
True it's not freestyle but like sexychola said theirs basicaly no money in freestyle anymore, they have to make money some how to support their families and they do what they feel is in their best interest, but overall i thought the album was pretty good for what it was.
now that i love you, i'm afraid to lose you...

~t&l4ever...~
Old 02-14-2003, 03:17 PM
CF Member

Vega
I would have to agree with sexychola & kenny..It is all about where the music gets paid the best and attention...Jocelyn, has a great voice and she can blow on ballads...it is all about supporting the artist-no matter what type of genre they end up going too...look at Safire, I'll always follow and support whatever she does.....
Old 02-14-2003, 09:03 PM
New To CF

kwabena danso
I bought JOCELYN ENRIQUEZ new album by mistake and I was Deeply dissappointed! I have a long distance relationship and that money I spent on that album could have gotten me $15.00 closer to seeing mygirlfriend! I was so mad. There were no freestyle songs at all! How could she just change and dissappoint her fans like that? I guess of OUTKAST can come with a different style on each album, and P!NK does it, then she should be able to also. right? If you want freestyle and 2step, get THE UNDERDOG PROJECT. If you want something recent instead of two years ago, get SHARYN MACEREN. If yo like the UNDERDOG PROJECT, then you should like SCIENCE. FREESTYLE HEAVEN vol 1, FREESTYLE HEAVEN vol. 2, and FREESTYLE HEAVEN 4 (realeased this year) are also good.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:10 PM
CF Member

Dr.Style
India's new song "Seduceme"(which is salsa) is getting a lot of request @ the station I work at. It's like everyone else said. no sense on blowing money on a genre that is not moving big bucks, sorry but true.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:59 PM
CF Member

Carolina Kid 81
Oh come on !! You guys are bashing at Jocelyn !! I bet you wouldn't have the balls to say those downright things in front of her face !!
Old 01-10-2004, 05:31 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: Paterson, NJ A reject city with good New York supported music!!
Orgntr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
The cd is all house and trance. There is NO freestyle in it. I continue to doubt she's gonna do any freestyle anytime soon.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:42 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: queens, NYC the best ever, where freestyle will always live
jazzy4u is on a distinguished road
Wow

Loving my new life.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 AM
New To CF

kkrayzie is on a distinguished road
why wouldnt sombebody want to tell her to her face that she dissapointed her freestyle fans?