Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in America

Freestyle Forum: Is freestyle for preps or for ghetto peeps???

Old 03-02-2001, 03:56 PM
CF Member

EsCo BeAtZ xX
Yo FREESTYLE is for everybody....It's ignorant to say that FEESTYLE is more for preps or for ghetto peeps. I know alot of preppy peeps that dig it and I also know alot of hip-hoppers(or as u would say ghetto) that are into it. So yo can we stop asking stupid questions......and get to the good sh*t!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2001, 04:24 PM
Recording / Performing Artist & Label Owner

kennyfreestyle
props

Props going out to Proskillz.Thats what I have been trying to get across to certin closed minded people who would rather dwell upon the past then accept the way of the real world.My gangstaz love freestyle music.But its freestyle music that is reality influenced."freestyle with a slumpin beat that bumps in their rides and allows them to interact with and be a part of.Kinda like club music for thugs.WE MAKIN IT BLEND!
www.mp3.com/kennyfreestyle2 check out "haterz' orlord can u save me'
or check out www.mp3.com/freestylelives "game related"
kF
Old 03-02-2001, 07:03 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

MakeYaDance is an unknown quantity at this point
Here in San Antonio the majority of the people are Chicano. I don't care if you are from the ghettos or not. So here it is not about being preppy or being ghetto. Like Synbad said: TX has it going on! So I guess in the country of TX it doesn't matter! Freestyle is for anyone that can appreciate music.......'nuff said!
Old 03-04-2001, 10:32 AM
CF Freestyler

Location: TAKE A WILD GUESS...HINT: ITS ONE OF THE 5 BOROUGHS!! LOL
XBklynNyCGyrlX
Angry

true..too many people that post on here ask the dumbest stereotypical questions ever seen on the net..
preppy or ghetto? come on now thats silly.....grow up..ask questions with substance!=\
Old 03-04-2001, 12:09 PM
New To CF

wendous
is freestyle for preps or for ghetto peeps?

you know what's so great about freestyle music is that it knows no boundaries so a preppie or a ghetto person can listen to it and if they can relate than it don't matter because it's all about the music not stereotypes
Old 03-04-2001, 12:15 PM
New To CF

wendous
why are people so caught up in steretypes, that's the lamest thing i ever heard. down here in sc,california freestyle is considered underground music free for all! even the name says it all freestyle. you are free to be what ever style you want to be as long as you can appreciate the slammin music vibe!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 04:16 PM
CF Member

Mandy
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by freestylefreak4
I believe that freestyle is a preppy thing... but since that freestyle has the latin hip hop flava to it. who does it appeal more to???? Preppy or Ghetto???

ace
I think freestylefreak4 was just asking a simple question. "Who does it appeal to more?" I dont think he was trying to stereotype whether freestyle is a preppy or ghetto thing (those are just universial words that everyone knows). I thought it was a good question because to me it was asking like what types of people listen to it more. I think it's interesting to know the different people who listen to it because where im from only my friends who rollerskate or are latino listen to it. Wow hekt...i didnt picture you being preppy...i think thats cool. I know freestyle is for everyone, but still in certain areas theres always people who it appeals to more, you know. So i dont think its a stupid/lame/lacking substance question its cool to see what types of people like in other places. i think a few replies were alittle harsh like "grow up" ouch
its just a question we dont have to get personal. Anyways...peaceeee out I love freestyle and whoever i meet that has never listened to freestyle...i try to get them into it, no matter what background they have.
Old 03-06-2001, 10:52 AM
CF Member

melli2001
Wink

I DON'T THINK THAT IT'S JUST A GHETTO THING. I'VE LISTNED&LOVED FREESTYLE FOR 6 YEARS NOW AND I LIVE IN THE SUBURBS. AT MY SCHOOL THE PREPS NEVER EVEN HEARD OF FREESTYLE. IT'S MAINLY THE HISPANICS OR BLACK PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT IT IS. BUT IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT YOU ARE PREP/GHETTO OR WHATEVER IT'S JUST HOW YOU TAKE IN MUSIC. BESIDES FREESTYLE I LISTEN TO R&B, RAP, HIP/HOP AND I AM NOT GHETTO I MAY BE STREET SMART BUT I AM NOT GHETTO AND I AM NOT A PREP. I A PERSON THAT CAN GET ALONG WITH ANYONE AS LONG AS THEY HAVE RESPECT. I GUESS IT'S ALL ABOUT THE "RESPECT"THING.

Old 03-07-2001, 03:50 AM
CF Freestyler

freestylefreak4
like mandy said

it was just a question cause here where i live more preps listen to freestyle, not many ghetto people listen to freestyle. in miami we have a high population of cubans, puerto ricans, dom. rep., etc... we should be listening to our genre of music more (freestyle) when i asked this question i didn't think that i was gonna get my head bit off. it' was just a question, i know i narrow the choices down but u could always state ur own opinion. i never thought that rockers listen to freestyle...
Old 03-08-2001, 11:28 AM
CF Member

Elayne
Coming from Queens, I found that the majority of the people I knew that listened to freestyle were greek and italian. For some reason, freestyle in my mind was always connected to the "guido days" when people would race on Francis Lewis BLVD. in their camaros and irocs ( if ur from Queens u know what im talking about)...so to me, i dont think of preppy or ghetto...maybe a combination if anything. I just know that when i think of guys who like freestyle, a certain look comes to mind...wearing black with the silver chain and a lot of gel in the hair...a dark tan...and cute too
What more could a girl ask for!