Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: MIXER FOR BLENDING

Old 01-11-2001, 04:01 AM
Honorary CF Member

JOEDOCPA is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

WHATS UP JOHNNYB OR RHOQ CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THE BEST MIXER TO GET FOR BLENDING I HAVE A GEMINI PDM12 IS THAT ANYGOOD IF NOT WHAT IS A GOOD ONE THAT WONT BE TO MUCH MONEY PEACE

Old 01-11-2001, 04:13 AM
Rhoq

Personally, I think what you have is good enough. As long as it can get the job done is all the really matters. I use a Gemini PS-676 (the original one) and it has been to hell and back, but my baby keeps kicking. No lie, it has been tortured by children (none of which were mine), had a can Pepsi spilled on it and a few other things that I am failing to remember at this time. There was a time when it wouldn't work at all (just after the Pepsi incident). I should have replaced it months ago because it acts funny sometimes, but whenever I decide to get a new mixer, it starts working just fine again...Oh well...

Old 01-11-2001, 06:56 AM
Honorary CF Member

Thumbs up MIXER FOR BLENDING

YEAH IT WORKS FINE ITS BIG SO I HAVE MY TABLES AND CD AND TAPE DECK HOOKED UP TO IT THANKS FOR THE INFO PEACE
Old 01-12-2001, 04:05 AM
Johnny Budz

The mixer you have is fine if all you want to do is blend. There are tons of mixers that cater to different needs. If all you want to do is blend at home, keep what you got.
Old 01-12-2001, 07:55 AM
Honorary CF Member

Thumbs up mixer for blending

ok thanks alot what about headphones i have bad luck with them the ear always blows out and i gotta keep gettin new ones
Old 01-21-2001, 06:25 PM
CF Member

dj_mayhem
There are so many mixers out there on the market now a days...it is so confusing. I have 3 mixers a Numark DM1075 for practise (I have had for 9 years), a Furman DJM8 for parties, and a Mackie 1202VLZ microphone mixer. The mackie is before my crossover is my overall setup.

I guess start off with a mixer you are comfortable with and then test the waters after that...if you really need to.

DJ Mayhem

djmayhem.clubfreestyle.net
Old 01-27-2001, 06:18 AM
Hitesh

By the way, the old mixers use to be the best. Not complicated but cheap. When i could not afford a mixer I use the mono mic fader on a cheeap taperecorder, I had one turntable plugged into the phono inputs, the other inputs thru the mono mic fader, I produced very good mixes. I use to edit using the pause button; not even tape splicing.
Old 01-28-2001, 12:08 PM
CF Member

dj_mayhem
Hitesh, that is exactly the method of my first remix attempt. Using the manual pause button on a dual cassette deck, by the way am I the only one that prefers the old pause buttons than the electro-servos of todays tape decks.

DJ Mayhem

djmayhem.clubfreestyle.net