Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > European Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

European Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in Europe

Freestyle Forum: General statement in Germany

Old 06-02-2001, 08:53 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

francis
General statement in Germany

BigMarc,

I don't think it is very hard to find Freestyle music in Germany. You just have to know the good record stores that are selling this music… as in America. The better thing to do in my opinion it's to do some order directly to the record companies or stores available on the WWW. Most of the companies are on the Internet. But it's true, that you won't find most of the new Freestyle stuff on vinyl. Some labels (very few) continue to press 12" vinyl for fans & DJ's (as for instance ZYX Music), but it is very rare to see new 12" vinyls because there is no real market and the cost for 100 or 500 vinyl copies will be too expensive for the labels. Only few DJ's continue to spin' the music anyway. Most of the fans or also radios in Germany prefer CD singles.

I'm not completely agreed with Peter when he said that Freestyle is not going well in his country. Of course, the market is small and less important than in the past, but he still here. As in North America, Freestyle music is an underground music, so don't expect to sell 3000 copies for a compilation or 2000 copies for a single. It's very rare that this kind of success happened. I will also say that 95% of the new singles are only released on CD.
Once again Peter, I'm not sure that "only a few of the really good new stuff come out on Vinyl", that is definitely not true. If you're seeing for instance the last products out on ZYX, most of them suck. And that is a reality. As for the compilation, Peter is absolutely right, there are only released on CD.

It's also preferable to listen first the compilation and singles before to buy them because there is a bunch of bad productions out there. Believe me, I'm trying to follow the actuality, and I'm seeing a lot of bad stuff, but also (hopefully) some very awesome products… time to time.
At the present time, I personally think that the German market is one of the most interesting market for Freestyle music (even if most of the singles & comp are oriented to the Planet Rock beat, it's too bad!). And the labels "believe" more on their artists (they're distributing more singles than in the US or in Canada) and there is better variety of Freestyle styles than in America. Just my opinion, of course!

As concern the best selling in Germany, well, for what I know, the new album of Flying Step does very well. In the past, it was Stevie B, but not anymore. And Lil Suzy is not really famous in Germany, her medley for instance did not very well. And I did hear something new from Cynthia since a while ago now.

That's all for now!!!

Francis

:bangbang

Old 06-03-2001, 11:39 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: Germany.....where the Freestyle Scene is real quiet right now !!!
Peter is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Francis.

I spoke for my region where i live and i knew some other guys arround the Country and there are only several places where the People listen to Freestyle.
At some areas the People get their Freestyle stuff from others cause they cant get Freestyle in the cities where they live....
You wrote, that it´s true that you fimd mostly of the stuff what came out only on CD ....
Then you wrote, that you are not sure that only a few of the really good new stuff came out on vinyl...
Tell me, what good or overall what stuff came out on Vinyl the past 3-5 month´s ????
Lil Suzy is famous in Germany. When you hear Freestyle at clubs here you always hear stuff from Lil Suzy and the crowd beginss to sing the songs on the danceflorr, cause they knew a lot of Songs from her. Also the Radiostations (When the play Freestyle) play Lil Suzy.....Stevie B.....and German stuff.
Freestyle Music here in Germany is an Undergraund Music, too

---Peter---

PS: I dont had time to visit you in France this Easter, but i will let you know when i have enough time to do a trip....
Old 06-04-2001, 10:05 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Francis,

i still wait for an answer, what vinyl stuff came out the past 3 - 5 month´s here in Germany ???

Peter
Old 06-04-2001, 11:20 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

francis
Thumbs up

Peter,

I will... I will...

So long,

Francis

Old 06-04-2001, 11:47 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

francis
Talking Oops!

Peter,

Sorry I didn't read correctly your post. Oops!

I just wanna say that I didn't see any good stuff on vinyl during these past months. That was my point…

Talk to you later.

Francis

Old 06-04-2001, 12:10 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

francis,

what songs were released than the past 6 - 12 months ???

Here in Germany you dont find Records Shops they carry a lot of Freestyle on Vinyl.
When you go into a Record Shop you only find Rap, Hip Hop R & B and mostly, Techno - Trance stuff.
Some of the Record Distributors here quit having Freestyle in Stock a few Years ago.
In my city where 500.000 People live is only one Record store where you can find Freestyle. I mean they get 1 or 2 Pieces at several times and mostly US stuff.....

Peter
Old 08-26-2001, 08:02 AM
New To CF

DjFly
Post No Freestyle radiostations in Germany

Hi Peter and Francis,

I live in a city with 100.000 inhabitants and there is only one vinyl-store with us and the sells no single Freestyle vinyls. Furthermore, there is no single broadcaster of the Freestyle in Germany plays!! That´s a big !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aus welcher Stadt kommst
du her Peter?? CYA Dj FLY
Old 11-06-2001, 01:46 PM
Recording / Performing Artist

johnnyO is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool I will be soon in Germany? johnny

Here I come, it is a know fact that I am coming very soon to Germany we haven't work out the dates but somtime in early next year? I will be in Germany to rock the house! Many Gremans haven't seen me at all. But just wait here I come! The rumor is that johnnyO is signing with ZYX USA/Germany, and will be putting out a brand new album for all his Pop - Freestyle fans, but the best part is when I come to Germany to sing all my hits, Fantasy girl, highways of Love, Dream boy Dream girl and many more of his hugh hits. So I can't wait, and I hope to see you soon in Germany and in the US soon.

God Bless everyone,

Funktastic Entertainment

johnnyO
Old 11-06-2001, 02:20 PM
CF Freestyler

bassy
WAY TO GO!!!!! Johnny O ----

Best of luck and all the success. Any idea when the new music is coming? hint hint hint. Knock em dead JO.

Funktastic Entertainment ??? what is that LOL
Old 11-06-2001, 04:16 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

@ Johnny O,

that would be great......I hope you perform in my hometown Nuernberg, too cause the southern Part of Germany is the place where Freestyle gets some ears to listen to.......

Hope to see you soon
Peter
Old 11-06-2001, 04:45 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

francis
Talking Great news

Johnny O in Germany will be wonderful.

Personally, I will make the trip from France to Germany with some friends to see a concert of you.

Please keep us posted.

Francis