Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in America

Freestyle Forum: Mtv - Trl

Old 04-08-2002, 12:36 PM
CF Member

Jason@atomic
Mtv - Trl

Aside from the Dance Radio stations, a mainstream radio station, even a rhythmic one, isnt going to play that much Freestyle, no matter how much you request it.

And we all know that MTV hasnt played a Freestyle video in over a decade!

HOWEVER.....
MTV swears that it will play the Top 10 most requested videos of the day on TRL. And a group of people had them put their money where their mouth is, by flooding the phone lines and the emails with requests for New Kids On The Block.... And this was about 2 years ago.

Maybe we could do the same thing with a Freestyle song. But it would have to be a well thought of campaign, and it would take months of planning. It would have to be one of the classics that had a good video! Not just a video, but a good video. When I say good, I mean good production for the video.

No room for politics... No back scratching here. It would have to be one video only, that is the only way it would work.

And remember it is only one day that this would take place so planning for the date would have to be perfect!

A few suggestions would be:

Stevie B.
TKA
Rockell
K7

What have we got to lose

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-08-2002 at 01:03 PM.

Old 04-08-2002, 12:39 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

NESSAVA
Id go for the TKA video LoL
Old 04-08-2002, 12:57 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

crazygirl is on a distinguished road
TKA TKA TKA TKA
Old 04-08-2002, 02:12 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

MARKLUVZCYNTHIA
no one wants to see that old stuff in 2002! i mean, i LIKE songs by the listed artists but i don't even wanna see those videos anymore! i can't imagine a mainstream audience like mtv going for it either.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:41 PM
New To CF

ChrisDeza
Sh*t they went for New Kids On The Block why not TKA? Yeah it might be a stretch but you could you imagine if Noel - Silent Morning or TKA - Louder than Love made it on TRL...
Lets make this happen.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:54 PM
Honorary CF Member

mike4949 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, don't worry about TRL. The shows future looks like shit. The shows ratings has drop in the past 4 months by 40%. And MTV may not renew Carson Daly's contract, because he's been taking too much time off. Plus he got the late night show: Last Call on NBC, and his radio show: Carson's Most Requested. Basicly, TRL stinks, it's a show that mostly there to showcase dopes with no talent like Britney slutty Spears and NSuck. Also, there's a bunch of little dopes that stand outside and yell and scream like jackasses over a bunch a wussies!! If you ask me, Freestyle is too good to be on a dopy show like TRL! Get it out of here!!
TRL SUCK!!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 03:58 PM
CF Member

Jason@atomic
You people just dont get it do you?
Old 04-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Honorary CF Member

Krystal will become famous soon enough
I Get it!

You're looking to get freestyle more exposure but I don't know that TRL is the way to go! Personally I can not stand MTV! They have really gotten away from music all together. I remember when it used to be videos 24/7. Now you have more shows then anything...real world, road rules, cribs!

I'm not crazy...I'm just a little unwell! :stoned -MB20
Old 04-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Honorary CF Member

mike4949 is on a distinguished road
They show some freestyle on MTV2 Dance fri from 1-4 am
Old 04-08-2002, 09:19 PM
Honorary CF Member

JOEDOCPA is on a distinguished road
yes you gotta better chance to get freestyle on mtv2 then mtv i cant stand mtv with carson smells daily and all the kids screamin like the love the song but are just getting brain washed
Old 04-08-2002, 10:55 PM
CF Member

Jason@atomic
you really dont get it do you???
Old 04-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Honorary CF Member

Krystal will become famous soon enough
Mmkay I'll bite...

what is it that we don't get Jason? Share your knowledge with us!

I'm not crazy...I'm just a little unwell! :stoned -MB20
Old 04-09-2002, 01:21 AM
Honorary CF Member

Location: Jersey aka the land of jughandles, k-turns and RIGHT side of the road exits. :-)
DreamGirl is on a distinguished road
I get that your trying to point your trying to make. Believe me, I do. I hear what you, and everyone else, is saying. If you want to give it a shot, I'm down. I'll try anything. But honestly, one video is not going to suddenly make MTV change their format. Maybe we'll draw more people to the music, but I don't see it going anywhere else. I'm not trying to dis or be negative.

Also, another member did try this at one point and it didn't work. It was before I joined, but all the same, she tried and it was a no-go. But hey, if you want to give it another shot, I'll support the effort! No harm in trying!

~Meg~
"I get lost in your eyes, and it makes my spirits rise. Is it love that I am in? I get weak in a glance, isn't that what's called romance? I just fell, don't know why. Something's there we can't deny. I don't mind not knowing what I'm headed for, you can take me to the skies. It's like being lost in heaven, when I'm lost in your eyes."
Old 04-09-2002, 11:27 AM
CF Freestyler

bassy
I get it too Jason as I said on your other post. I'm down too. Just tell us how and when? If I can help please pm me. Also I'm happy to hear that you are restarting your publication as well. I know there is another freestyle publication already working it and online too and I'm psyched and wishing you all the best in that endeavor.

Come on everyone we all know what the situation is and just whining and posting about it isn't going to change a damn thing. What do you say? Grassroots efforts can't hurt and just may help. So why aren't there most posts that say ------ HOW, WHEN OR CAN I HELP?

Let's try something productive here. My opinion.
Old 04-11-2002, 07:03 AM
CF Member

Brit' fan
Jason...
you,ve got my support as well & I'll be calling from the U.K.
Just need the date & time, plus which artist will be chosen. I do think that a current artist should be picked & then repeat this for some other acts each week if possible.

I would choose Rockell. as she is still recording freestyle which is recognized.
Old 04-11-2002, 07:26 AM

Kenny Guido is on a distinguished road
Im for it!