Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Charts, Reviews, Marketplace and more... > DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production

Notices

DJ Info / Voice/ Singing / Technical / Production DJ forum, Technical and Production issues.

Freestyle Forum: DJ Help

Old 03-05-2001, 01:50 PM
CF Freestyler

FreestyleJen_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

I'm hoping to become a DJ. When I make it my name will be DJ Powergirl.Lately my equipment was damaged(probably since it was a cheap manufacture) and now I need some help on some good-ass turntables and mixers. Can U guys out there lend a future DJ a hand?

Old 03-05-2001, 03:02 PM
Senior Freestyler

bigMARC is an unknown quantity at this point
first, depends on your budget. if youre starting out, start with a package that has 2 turntables, a mixer, and sometimes
they include some vinyl records. but always choose and take your time when buying. good luck and have fun!!peaceouttie
Old 03-08-2001, 10:22 AM
CF Freestyler

DOS Records has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Dj Powergirl..I LOVE THE NAME!!!!!!!!......the bottom line is this...save up...get yourself the 1200's and Rane Mixer and the denon dual cd mixer...it will cost a money..but u will have the weapons u need to go forth into battle...but my best advice is to SKIP the turntables and just shoot for the Dual Cd mixer system....vinyl is becoming a RARE and EXPENSIVE commodity lately and in a few years it will be obsolete...but whatever u choose...best of luck..pete
Old 03-11-2001, 10:00 AM
CF Freestyler

FreestyleJen_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the compliment, Pete!! I know that vinyls r starting to get hard to find, but in San Antonio, TX. A mall at Ingram Park Mall with a store called Pro DJ Works sells the latest vinyls there.The vinyls r getting pretty popular at clubs in this city!!R U sure that I should skip the turntables and get a CD mixer?