Club Freestyle

Go Back   Club Freestyle - The Freestyle Dance Music Authority > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forums > American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Notices

American Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Forum for discussions regarding Freestyle dance music made in America

Freestyle Forum: For Information On MicMac Records Please Read

Old 07-20-2002, 02:39 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: Livin It Up in Queenzzz NYC...keepin freestyle alive!!!
FreestyleChulo
hmmmmm....how many till 200??...lolz

Old 07-21-2002, 01:14 PM

Mickey Garcia is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah FreestyleChulo, I know that would take forever... lol
Old 07-21-2002, 01:35 PM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: Livin It Up in Queenzzz NYC...keepin freestyle alive!!!
FreestyleChulo
well as soon as get close ill be on so i can get that cd mang!
Old 07-21-2002, 02:57 PM
Honorary CF Member

Krystal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Garcia
Krystal, Whz up babaaaaa.. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROKE THE 100TH POST ON THIS THREADÖ YAAAAAAAA
For being the 100th person to post here, YOU GET A FREE COPY OF MICMACíS FIRST RELEASE WHEN ITíS READY

Mickey G.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SIT!!!!!!!!!!! :spin

GO ME GO ME! hehe :yeey

Mickey! MUCH LOVE to you!

I'm not crazy...I'm just a little unwell! :stoned -MB20
Old 07-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Honorary CF Member

JOEDOCPA is on a distinguished road
congrats on winning the cd.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:28 PM
Recording / Performing Artist

mannyriv is an unknown quantity at this point
Mickey Garcia

I remember going to the local record store and always asking "Any new releases from Micmac?" The label was a way for me to listen to a song that I could relate to and that I enjoyed listening to. It was my escape when problems would arise and my way of listening to my feelings through other people's lyrics and music. That piece of my life was gone for a while. I look forward to having that back. I am so happy that this label, which is such a huge part of my upbringing, is coming back. It is a way of feeling young again, to listen to what I want to listen to and the voices, lyrics and beats that I enjoy. Micmac is more than just a label, it is a feeling of musical freedom, a voice that echoes what is in my soul. Can't wait for that voice to be heard again. Thanks for bringing it back Mickey and good luck. Count on me for support.

Peace,
Manny
Old 07-21-2002, 09:39 PM
CF Freestyler

Willie Valentin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Mickey I havent posted yet but better late than never,. Wow you got more responces than my thread. LOL hahaha its all good Mickey. Wow MIC-MAC making a comeback? Hope you're hiring. LOL
Anything you might need mikey let me know. YOu're family... You have helped me so much in my career. thank you for inspiring me when i was a teen. I remember coming to the original office of micmac on b'way and bring tapes every week. but i never got a call back. But it made me work harder. And at last you singed me in 94 and distributed Artistik in 95. I will never forget that. Mic-Mac was my dream label and I feel honored to have shared a label with Cynthia, JohnnyO, Solid, Body N Style, & more, Nyasia and the other stars of micmac. I wish you the best Mickey. I wish I could keep Artistik Going........

Willie
Old 07-22-2002, 04:36 PM

mannyriv, Wow, It brings me such great feelings to know that MicMac has really made in impact on you personally and to hear the Love, Respect and Loyalty that you "A FAN" had for us is why I started this thread. This is great that after so many yeas of being inactive, You can still feel the same way. THANK YOU and please keep in mind, Whatever we do at MicMac is with you and people like you on out thoughts. You have major respect from me. Keep in touch buddy.

Willie Valentin, It's great to see your still doing the work you love and grew up doing. I really hope things are going well for you and your artist. How's Synthia doing? Tell her I said hello. Thanks for all the Love & Respect for MICMAC... I wil let Marvin know.. J/K.. LOL... Give me a call when you have some time. I know you must be very busy these days with your new project but I would love to hear from you. I have the same numbers.

Thanks for posting....

Mickey Garcia
Old 07-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Recording / Performing Artist * VIP Member

Tony G. is an unknown quantity at this point
Full Circle

Mickey,

First I would like to thank you for stopping by and checking out our website and signing our guest book.
I we had a blast at the 1999 Winter music conference, but we were blasted ourselves , if you can recall LOL.

Well Mickey I do beleive that everything comes full circle , and this may be Mic Mac's time to do it all again, I forwarded Elis your email addy, he was in Vegas , he should be getting intouch.

take care Mickey.

Tony G./Nu Image
Old 07-22-2002, 05:46 PM
CF Member

tito puente jr.
mickey

Good luck mickey i look forward to this for a long time Mic Mac forever!!!!

tito peunte jr
Old 07-23-2002, 01:22 AM

Tony, :waveIt was that long ago that we hung out in Miami? Wow.. I must have been trashed.:spin Yeah, One of your artist asked me to check out your web site and when I finally went there, I was like WOW....:read Really nice! So I had to do the right thing you know ?But thank yo so much for coming here and sharing that with us. About Elis, If that is Elis Pacheco your talking about.... That creature lives a few blocks away from me. Tell him to give me a call. I havent seen him in a little while. You take care and keep up the good work.

Tito Puente Jr. Thanks for the love my brother.. You know a man must always pick himself up after a fall if he's a real man but I will call you and keep you updated as to the MICMAC ATTACK PLANS are concerned. Everyone else here must have to wait to the PRESS RELEASE. sorry about that... Tell mom and sis, Mickey sends his love. Well talk on the phone.

Mickey Garcia

Last edited by Mickey Garcia; 07-23-2002 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:15 PM
CF Freestyler

Melissa
Mickey,LOL ok it's a deal when i get out there I want you to hook me up with all the white castle you can.lol.Once again you are mad cool and keep it real and mad talented bless you pa.

www.nuimageweb.com
Old 07-24-2002, 01:24 AM
New To CF

GiuseppeD
Wink "Traque ALIVE!"

When Mickey Garcia talks, everybody gets EXCITED! Damn Mic! There's still a whole lotta love for ya and the freestyle sound that you created back in the day. It's going to be VERY INTERESTING to see what's going to happen once you ATTACK! :silly

Giuseppe D.

P.S.: What's up to everybody here!!!

P.P.S.: Tito Jr., que vola?! :stoned

P.P.P.S.: Nyasia, "Whose Got Your Love?" :nyasia I DO!!!

P.P.P.P.S.: White Castle party soon!!! (Stay tuned...)
Old 07-24-2002, 01:28 AM
CF Freestyle GrandMaster

FR3ESTYLEKING is an unknown quantity at this point
Can I Come 2????
Old 07-24-2002, 08:16 AM
CF Senior Freestyler

Location: Currently makin' noize in Tampa Bay, Florida. Born & Raised In Crooklyn, Zoo York.
Putana is an unknown quantity at this point
Putana (that's me) just wanted to drop a line & shout Mickey out!

Yes, I love Freestyle.
Yes, I still buy Freestyle CDs instead of downloading them (when available).
Yes, MicMac titles rule & I would definitely buy a 12" collection CD.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:56 AM

Kenny Guido is on a distinguished road
Mickey, you'll be glad to know if ya ever come to my house for Beatstock this summer, we have a WHITE CASTLE here. Not only that, we have ALL AMERICAN BURGER, too!! Once youve tried ALL AMERICAN, you'll forget about the little critters!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:49 PM
MontageMusicEnt

Yes I admit I worked for MicMac at one time but there seems to be a rumor floating around already that i am a employee once again of Micmac. I only started posting because Mickey let me know that he was back with Micmac. I am not an employee of MicMac nor do i know anything about the plans Mickey has for the label. I am here posting becuz I am Happy for Mickey.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:29 PM
Honorary CF Member

:yeey Montage! Good to see you showing your support!

On the way to 200 here...who will be the next lucky winner?

Old 07-24-2002, 08:21 PM
The Gay Lord of Freestyle

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
Hey Mickey, here's a suggestion....

Since you distributed Artistik Recordings, and that's no longer with us (R.I.P.), how about signing Marisol and Synthia Figueroa???
Old 07-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Honorary CF Member

Enigma will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Originally posted by Mickey Garcia
Quote:

On another note: I just wanted to let all you FREESTYLE lovers know that if I had any plans to release a CD of the MicMac 12" Club Versions, I would do it in a way that it was never available before for your enjoyment but I would have to see first if there is any interest from the FANS/FREESTLYE lovers and retail stores Etc.

Leave your post here and I will check it from time to time and keep you updated on the MicMac Plans.
AWESOME!!!! :yeey

How about Listen To My Cries on CD again I want that one for my collection off the 12" Club record chief

~Antonio
Old 07-25-2002, 11:06 AM

To all the players :mdanceand haters:shakinboo ....

The MICMAC ATTACK is near:yeey ... Stay tuned:read

Mickey Garcia
Old 07-25-2002, 05:14 PM

Hello everyone. I just wanted to stop by and bring you all up to date before MICMAC ATTACKS!!!

Things are moving along pretty fast and at my end and Iíve been very busy talking with various people about Product Pressing, Distribution, Promotion and Marketing as well as Radio Execs, Producers, Writers and Re-Mixers.

Putting a "New" Company together is not easy like it was back in 1986 when MicMac was originally established and since the music industry is so much a different industry than it was back then, Certain things must be in place before this new/old baby can be reborn.

Like I mentioned before on this thread, It has to make sense to everyone and I refuse to just through product out into the market place without all the proper elements involved.

As far as the music is concerned, Once MICMAC begins to release itís product flow, You can expect to see a number of New CDís before the end of this year, Hopefully!!! It could even be before the end of this summer but I donít want to promise you anything and disappoint anyone. Just be patient. Itís comingÖ

There is going to be MANY DIFFERENT AND NEW IDEAS AND CHANGES but I will assure you that you will be very pleased with the outcome of ALL OF THEM!!!

I am putting along with selected professionals the product that youíve been waiting for, for so many years. We are all working day and night with little to no sleep to make this happen and have it out as soon as possible.

Again, Please be patient and donít ask question. This is a well thought out plan that is being ATTACKED.

I will break it down to you in detail once the PRESS RELEASE IS COMPLETED and EVERYTHING IS IN PLACE.

If you are a Distributor, Retail Store, Trade Publication Editor, Writer, Music Producer or Artist and would like to get in contact with MicMac Records, Please send me an e-mail and I will respond to you. If you are sending us your Product/Demos for consideration, Please send a picture along with bio to the above address or along with your e-mail.

(Above address is posted by me on this thread)

One thing I can say and the only thing I will say is MICMAC IS BACK!!!

PleaseÖ Tell your friends.

Thanks for reading,
Mickey Garcia:wave

Last edited by Mickey Garcia; 07-25-2002 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:12 PM
Honorary CF Member

WEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is GOOD NEWS Mickey! :yeey

Thanks for the update!

Old 07-25-2002, 11:03 PM
CF Freestyler

vividhealer0 is on a distinguished road
Hey Mickey!!! Thanks for the update!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 07:47 AM