PDA

View Full Version : tape or cd

JOEDOCPA
01-24-2001, 06:27 PM
i tryed to make a tape for myself just messin around and i could not get it to come out loud some songs where good and other ones did not sound loud what do i have to do to make the whole cd or tape loud cause it happed to a tape and cd

Johnny Budz
01-25-2001, 04:37 AM
Joe, you have to adjust the volume as you're mixing.
Alot of freestyle records vary in volume. For instance, alot of MicMac records are lower than others. If you're using editing software/equipment, you can adjust it later..but if you're just recording right to cd/tape, you'll have to adjust as you're mixing

bigMARC
01-26-2001, 04:25 PM
tell me aboutit...especially the bootleg records the majority of 'em are low than others...as for the cd's, well of course theyre louder and of course clearer...i remember at first I'd forget the volume control either too loud or low...laterz

M.

JOEDOCPA
01-26-2001, 04:37 PM
OK THANKS FOR THE HELP I THINK I GOT IT RIGHT I'LL TRY AGAIN IF NOT I'LL TALK TO SOMEBODY IM JUST SSTARTING OUT SO ITS TAKIN ME A WHILE TO GET A GOOD LOUD AND CLEAR TAPE TO COME OUT

Hitesh
01-27-2001, 06:10 AM
After mixing a tape, use a simple program like cakewalk. remove the hiss, normalize, edit out the errors. Provided you got enough harddrive space on your Computer; SCSI Harddrive and a cheap computer. You cant go wrong. You might
kill the feel of the tape but ateast you have saved your mix.Sometimes you cannot produce the same mix two times unless you are as skilled as John Budz And little loiue Vega.

Hitesh
01-29-2001, 05:44 AM
By the way did I mention that you do not have to normalize the whole mix or process the whole mix. You can work on various segments of music, remove the hiss. If you distort the mix then you cannot repair that segment, because you have exceeded the maximum Headroom, edit it out. By the way a good school in NY to learn Audio engineering is The Institute of Audio Research in the village NY. They do not have a SSL or a NEVE.
but they explain everything in simple English. I plan to teach there in the distant future. this school has been around since the early days. This is the best tip that I can give you. Before I went to this school I did not know a SINGLLLLLLE thing about Production/Engineering.

FreestyleJen_86
02-14-2001, 02:35 PM
Maybe because some of the records were recorded lower than others. try adjusting the volume. I'm trying to work on a demo right now, but by turntables were damaged and i got to save up for new equipment.U might want to try using a Hi-Fi cassette Tape.