View Full Version : how would i do this??? need help!!!!!

04-16-2001, 04:45 AM
how would i do this?? i'm buying a cd mixer and a crossfader so i can mix. how??

1. how can i use my mp3s without burning them on a cd?? (i use a pc not mac)

2. how can i record my mixes so i can burn them on a cd???

thank you very much.

i hope that someone can help me.


05-03-2001, 07:56 AM
First Part...Numark makes a product that you can connect to your computer that simulates a dual cd deck console with a built in mixer. The down side is that you will need a second computer to record your mixes. Which is the answer to the second part of your question.

My recommendation is to use CDRW and after you are done creating your mixes with your cd mixer, erase the CDRW to burn another cd of tunes from your mp3 collection.

Personally, I make 2 copies of each cd I create from MP3's so I can go back and forth when making mixes.


05-07-2001, 07:03 PM
mayhem...numark really has something out like that? wow talk about technology
what shareware/hardware do u use to make cd's..i just heard recently about pcdj and heard its cool, i just like having my cd's i burn off my mp3s sounding like they are crossfaded while newer versions of ez cd creator have a built in crossfader, there has to be better ways..fill us in!

05-07-2001, 09:26 PM
I Have recorded many tapes onto the computer from my tape deck by plugging it into the input of my sound card. You can do the same with your mixer. I used the program cool edit pro to record the music and then cleaned it up using the hiss/pop remover and equalized it. It does a great job and then from there save as a wav file and burn.

05-07-2001, 09:28 PM
and just to add to the features, it also crossfades, mixes, cuts, pastes, and adds special effects.

05-23-2001, 09:28 PM
I own Sound Forge 4.5, Cool Edits & Vegas. I use an Akai DR-8 instead go figure. I think it's more work doing it by pc than manually.