PDA

View Full Version : good record shops....NY area.....and maybe:

bigMARC
01-11-2001, 12:25 PM
around jersey. Where is there a good record shop that i can spend a couple of hundred bucks on vinyl, dance and Freestyle? gimme info, my peeps....peaceoutty!!

the Em.

James Anthony
01-11-2001, 12:46 PM
Marc, your best bet is with Temdee.com, they have a catalogue of over 15,000 titles, some of which are a great bargain, others of which are ridiculously overpriced, but check it out....As far as stores go, Music Factory in the Bronx has a decent selection of still un-opened old school stuff from Micmac (only the later stuff), Metropolitan and Cutting, and some others, and the best thing is that everything is 4.99$ I got brand new 12" of "Another Night" by Reinaldo and "The Way She Looks At Me"/"Just Like The Wind" by Peter Fontaine just about a month ago

bigMARC
01-11-2001, 12:54 PM
goodlooking out, yeah, i was recently at music factory, and i tell ya i hope they close shop! they suck. as far as temdee, i found a couple of hard to find jammies! cant forget those peeps. thanx james....peace,

Johnny Budz
01-16-2001, 04:11 AM
Marc, definitely Mondo music in Rutherford, NJ.

Thats where i get all my imports, but they have all the current domestics....they even have a small, and i mean small freestyle section !

Tell them I sent ya ! lol

bigMARC
01-16-2001, 01:44 PM
whats the website for mondo? is it just mondo.com? and do they give directions on how to get there? thanx chief...
peace.......

M.

Johnny Budz
01-19-2001, 05:16 PM
I don't think they have their website up yet. Call them up. The automated phone system comes on and you can get directions that way.

Hitesh
01-27-2001, 07:09 AM
The best record shop for freestyle use to be Crazy records in Manhattan, way back in time, then Vinylmania, Music factory, Rock'N'Soul, the promo pools. In the UK and Europe, blue Bird Records, Black market Records, Record and Disco center in Ratyners Lane. Some are still there in the UK. you can get almost any record in the Uk if you try from any part of the world. God save the qUeen..........She represents the world. IN manhattan Rock'N' Soul, Flea markets, HMV? VIRGIN?
We need records not anything else. from a compulsive oldtime vinyl junkie. I could fly to Italy to eat pasta, can you imagine what I would do for a record.... I just flew 14hours over 2 days over the weekend just to DJ in Europe and get back to work in Manhattan on Monday; A Network engineer.
I cannot afford Concord otherwise I woul be everywhere.
This is what music does to people...........

Hitesh
01-29-2001, 06:40 AM
Please note that I only prescribe treatment for mixes. Please do not ask for any medical prescriptions.

XBklynNyCGyrlX
02-15-2001, 06:05 AM
In the Brooklyn area there is a record store in the sunset park area called MAJOR MUSIC or something on 49th St and 5th Ave
Good house n latin selections
but for the goods, reprints, dj needs, etc BEAT STREET on FULTON ST and BOND ST Can be BEET, no pun intended well umm maybe hehehehe

bigMARC
03-03-2001, 12:32 PM
gracias brklnGrl...i know where's major music's at...i'll sheck it out! beat street, huh? dang, theyre still open. thanx...peaceouttie!;)

XBklynNyCGyrlX
03-12-2001, 12:40 PM
also check upstairsrecords.com and musicfactory.com for good reprints etc cool websites no doubt

bigMARC
03-24-2001, 08:47 AM
thanks brkln gal, checkout: http://www.VINYLMANIA.COM u can order a record by them if u cant find it(if it's still available). and cd's.
ciao-ito......

bigMARC
03-31-2001, 06:42 AM
wasssup loco...
Listen, can u post up DISCORAMAS addy, dang, i havent been there in ages. big ups to ya for the info of some record shops...i agree with ya on Rock N Soul. oh well, latersss,

bigM...

bigMARC
04-05-2001, 02:08 PM
goodlookin'out kid, i havent been to manhattan shoppin', with my car. since its a pain in da ass to look for a spot! and if i pass a spot, i have to go all around the freakin' borough because of the NO TURNS signs on every damn corner! lol, but there's always the train...yo, i'll see if i do that soon when i feel 100%(2checkout recordEXPLOSION)cool, peaceouttie....

M.

Kenny Guido
04-05-2001, 03:06 PM
BIG MARC, IF YOUR EVER OVER HERE ON STRONG ISLAND, WE GOTS A GREAT PLACE HERE CALLED "MUSIC TRENDS" AND THIS PLACE HAS BEEN THERE SINCE LIKE 1987 AND THEY STILL HAVE A SHITLOAD OF FREESTYLE THERE. MY PARTNER HELPED BUILD THE PLACE. THEY HAD A WALL WITH ABOUT 50 FREESTYLE ARTISTS PICS THAT CAME TO THE SHOP. MEMORIES........AHHHH!!!

Kenny Guido
04-05-2001, 03:08 PM
VIRGIN AND HMV SELL RECORDS!?!?!?!?! THAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I STOP SMOKIN UP!

bigMARC
04-07-2001, 03:11 PM
lol, thanx KennyG. hey, TOWER RECORDS still sell vinyl. i kinda like the one on by Lincoln Center. and the one by NYU. not too crazy about TOWER RECORDS for vinyl anyway. Theyre my last resort to finding a song on vinyl...latersss

M.

bigMARC
05-11-2001, 06:04 PM
HOPE THIS HELPS A BIT...

PEACEOUTTIE,
M...

XBklynNyCGyrlX
05-15-2001, 02:16 PM
THE BEST RECORDSHOP was the old GROOVE RECORDS, DJ FRANKIE BONES' SHOP FORMALLY ON w 11th St and AVe U in gravesend..(ITS NOW "SONIC" GROOVE located I think on carmine st but its all TECHNO now..IN SUNSET PARK there is MAJOR MUSIC on 5th AVE..good house n freestyle section if i reember correctly..BEAT ST on Fulton St has a lot of represses and bootlegs of house, breakbeat, and freestyle..they arent ALL hip hop if u really search
hope this helps
dustygroove.com is pretty cool too!
check em:)

FABRICE
05-28-2001, 01:34 AM
Hey Marc, I agreed w/Johnny Budz, I was there in MONDO couple of records that I was looking for and its true, its a small section.
They even allow you to listen to the records, just have to show a valid drivers lic to use the turntable. Take a time and have a look.

See ya! :)

bigMARC
05-28-2001, 10:38 AM
Yo Fabrice, goodlookin' out. Yeah, i still have to go there. been kinda busy lately. I'll let u know how i like the place. welcome to the board again,

peaceOUTTIE,

daBigM...

Kenny Guido
06-01-2001, 02:28 PM
Muscle Mark, come to Levittown, LONG ISLAND and go to place called "MUSIC TRENDS". they have a huge section devoted to FREESTYLE. i was there and found a crap full of rare stuff. i guarantee you will be pleased!! the owners name is BOB, tell him KENNY THE FREESTYLE KING sent ya!

Kenny Guido
06-01-2001, 02:32 PM
XBklynNyCGyrlX....ive been to "upstairsrecords" in brooklyn and they have nothing freestyle. it was all hip-hop. what a major let down! :(

bigMARC
06-01-2001, 05:42 PM
GOODLOOKIN' OUT KENNYg..WILL DO. PEACEOUTTIE,

daBigM...

MakeYaDance
06-01-2001, 06:41 PM
Do they sell vinyl there also Kenny?