PDA

View Full Version : doesn't anyone know him?????

Fierce Freestyler
03-04-2001, 04:34 PM
I heard this song called catch and kiss, and i know the singers name is sam savon? But where can i find his c.d,tape or anything? Actually where would you look to find freestyle c.d's? It's not fair everything else is easy to find except freestyle music! [or maybe it's just me]:) help please!!!!!!!!

Rhoq
03-04-2001, 08:45 PM
Sam Savon never released a full-length album. He released 4 songs on Cutting Records:

1. "OPEN YOUR EYES" and 2. "YOU ARE THE ONE" (both released under the name Samuel) & 3. "MY HEART ALONE" and "CATCH AND KISS"...

Since his Cutting releases, Sam has continued to work with his long time producer Albert Cabrerra (of the Latin Rascals) and has made contributions to Albert's TRIP-HOP DANCE 2000 compilation (a/k/a DANCE TRIP 2000 depending on which release you have) and most recently a house project on Strictly Rhythm Records under the name Nu Vision...

Fierce Freestyler
03-05-2001, 08:55 AM
i dont know if i am doing this right by replying but where could i but a tape or c.d with any of his songs on it [sam savon] i really love his songs? HELP!!!

Rhoq
03-05-2001, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately there are only 2 compilations that I know of where you can find older material Sam Savon, the first is the CUTTING DANCE VAULT, released in 1993 this compilation was meant to showcase songs that Cutting Records had not yet released...

Sam Savon is featured on this compilation with the never released as a single, "YOU"...The next compilation was put out by Micmac Records, they had started a series called the KINGS OF FREESTYLE. There were 2 volumes released in this series. "MY HEART ALONE" was featured on one of those compilations, although I am not sure which vol. (1 or 2)..

I am sure that Cutting featured some of Sam's material on their mixed series CUTTING EXPRESS or on their CUTTING MEDLIES compilaitons...

As I mentioned earlier, Sam was a featured artist on Albert Cabrerra's TRIP HOP DANCE 2000 compilation. He had 2 songs "FREE" and "REACH OUT TO LOVE" (a duet with Judy Torres)...

Fierce Freestyler
03-05-2001, 12:31 PM
I kinda figured it would be hard every1 i ask doesnt know him but thank you for helping me. Where could i find that compilation? Once again thank you, you sure do know your freestyle :) thanx,bnl

Rhoq
03-05-2001, 12:51 PM
You may be able to order the old Cutting compilaitons and mixes through their website www.cuttingnyc.com

Micmac is no longer in business their products are increasingly harder & harder to find...

TRIP-HOP DANCE 2000 or DANCE TRIP 2000 (same compilation, just renamed) can still be found. SOme stores may have it in their bargain bins...

Fierce Freestyler
03-05-2001, 12:56 PM
Thank you sooooo much you have been the most knowledgeable person about freestyle yet. I will look into that and let u know what happens,thanx again :) bnl