PDA

View Full Version : where's collage

poohpie66
02-13-2001, 03:06 PM
I love collage but it seems he's been hiding out for awhile....does anyone know what he's up to?

Rhoq
02-13-2001, 09:12 PM
Adam Marano (a/k/a Collage, TPE, Shayme, Milan Bass, etc...) released his current Viper Records compilation in December 2000 on Jellybean Recordings. The title of the CD is: VIPER'S MILLENIUM FREESTYLE PARTY, VOL. 1

The CD features many new performances by Adam Marano plus Stephanie Marano, Denine and a few others...

Kenny Guido
02-14-2001, 01:56 AM
i also know who collage is going out with now but i cant say!! she wants me to keep it myself!

XBklynNyCGyrlX
02-15-2001, 06:25 AM
waiiiiiiit collage was in TPE and sang THEN CAME YOU??
STOPPPPPP!!!!!! I LOVE THE SONG
WHERE THE HECK IS VOYCE while we are @ it??? LOL

Rhoq
02-15-2001, 06:43 AM
Well...the original lead vocalist for Collage was Anthony Monteleone (The guy on the cover of Collage's first album CHAPTER ONE). He has also recorded songs under the name Nino...

The last Collage song to feature Anthony on lead vocals was the slow jam/remake "YOU ARE EVERYTHING"...Adam Marano took over and became Collage at that point. You probably never noticed since they both sound very similar...

Adam Marano is featured on the cover of TPE's album on Micmac Records and the cover to the Denine & Collage singles on Metropolitan.

law2k1
02-18-2001, 02:46 PM
who cares where collage..he sucks

freestylebaby
02-19-2001, 06:53 AM
who sid collage sux? He's like the one with the voice out of the whole bunch!!!!! I luv his voice, dunno how he looks like though, but Adam Morano is awsome... so hush!
Hey, um... where iz Frankie Boy??!!??!!
~baby~

Rhoq
02-19-2001, 09:04 AM
Re: Adam Marano - well It is no secret that I am not abig fan of his, as a matter of fact I may be his biggest critic...but to say someone sucks - well that is just plain wrong. Now to say that you don't like them for specific reasons, such as all of his songs sound the same, he makes too many remakes of corny `80's songs, then that is a different story...

Frankie Boy is now a part of the group Kumbia Kings...

FrigginAnT
02-19-2001, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by law2k1
who cares where collage..he sucks

are you friggin nuts???? i heard a few rumors about who hes dating...but i wont say either

MtlMangas
02-21-2001, 05:00 PM
What are you guys talking about I love all the songs by Collage but why doesn't he show his face and who is he?
Has any one ever seen him? Is it a mistery?
What's up with that?

Peace.

Rhoq
02-21-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by MtlMangas
What are you guys talking about I love all the songs by Collage but why doesn't he show his face and who is he?
Has any one ever seen him? Is it a mistery?
What's up with that?

How is Collage a mystery? If you had read my post above, I clearly indicate exactly where you can see pix of both Anthony Monteleone & Adam Marano (Collage #1 and Collage #2)...

MakeYaDance
02-21-2001, 10:22 PM
Does anybody ever bother reading the whole topic replies or just reply to the last reply? HUH? :::High 5's Rhoq:::

RiCaN PaPa 2001
02-22-2001, 07:25 AM
THE LAST TIME I SAW COLLAGE PERFORM WAS WAY BACK IN 1999 (OR WAS IS '98) AT THE ROXY WHEN KTU AND ALL THE STARS CAME OUT TO HELP PUERTO RICO. ANYWAYS- LAST TIME I SAW HIM PERFORM- HE WAS ON STAGE WITH DENINE- AND THE GUY LOOKED COCKED OUT OF HIS MIND. I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE NOTICED BUT HE LOOKED LIKE THE FOOL. BUT THE MUSIC'S AIIGHT.

Rhoq
02-22-2001, 11:03 AM
**High 5's MakeYaDance right back**, LOL

Rican Papa - You saw Adam Marano performing along side Denine...He officially became Collage in 1996 after Anthony Monteleone left.

francis
02-25-2001, 01:45 AM
I'm agree with Law2K1, Collage sucks.

And Rhoq, me too, as concerns Adam Marano, I'm his biggest critic. :-))))

Don't buy Viper's compilation on JellyBean recording, this comp and all the songs are awful. This comp deserves only one place: the garbage!

As for Collage, he tried last year a career in Germany but for I know, the German freestylers were not very interested by him. Not a surprise!!!

No offense, it was just my opinion on the Collage subject...

See ya.

Francis
-from France-

monarico4
02-25-2001, 06:20 AM
that viper millennium freestyle dance party vol 1 is bad...i mean if u'r gonna remake a song at least pick good ones...who needed a remake of shadows of the night...come on now

Kenny Guido
02-26-2001, 12:45 PM
oh snap!!!!

Lee
02-26-2001, 01:27 PM
Francis what gives you the right to judge someone who has come so far in the music business? You dont need to like his stuff but its very obvious you have no clue to what this man has achieved. I have never seen a man work so hard in my life. Get a clue! And I quote "This guy has achieved so much in freestyle, pop, tv and film that we as a freestyle community should support him" AMEN!

poohpie66
02-26-2001, 06:41 PM
lol.....i just like to say that i only wanted to know where he was right now and all of a sudden everyones fighting about his personal life....it's kinda of funny.....but i think everyone should have their own opinion on whether they like his music or not but what he does outside of his music is nobody's business.......the only thing that matters is the person's music........keep freestylin'

aimee
02-26-2001, 08:14 PM
ok just a "quick" comment on adam aka collage/dmx/tpe/shayme/blah blah blah. first let me say that yes i am an adam marano fan. i like maybe 90% of what hes put out in the past, and unlike a majority of the freestyle artists that r out these days, the guy can actually sing and has some shred of talent. is SOME of his stuff cheesy? hellz yeah. has he poorly remade SOME old 80s songs? yeah. but OVERALL this guy has done SO much for freestyle. even if u critics dont like him or his songs, when hes behind a freestyle project it usually does well. by "well" i am of course comparing his stuff to ALL the other freestyle out there on the market. HIS songs r the ones that get played regularly on the radio (and im NOT talking dinky COLLEGE radio people) and actually do well commercially. how many current freestyle artists/producers get (regular) play on legitimate radio stations and actually make money off what they put out? not many. with all the years adams been making freestyle and all hes contributed, i dont know where freestyle would be today without him....

Rhoq
02-27-2001, 01:46 PM
Aimee...I see your POV and respect your opinion...but to answer your final question:

Adam Marano (along with other producers, such as Tony Garcia, etc.) is partly to blame for the "Planet Rock Explosion" that helped Freestyle die...It seems like 90% of everything he has produced since 1993 has some sort of Planet Rock (or Planet Rock-type) loop behind it.

Planet Rock along with way too many remakes helped kill Freestyle. It showed Mainstream radio, that Freestyle is not original.

This is the reason major mainstream radio sees Freestyle as a joke...

Rhoq
02-27-2001, 01:55 PM
Racer Exx...

I am smartter than that...but information I post regarding Anthony Monteleone was told to me by someone who claims to have been close with Adam Marano at one time or another. Since many labels, artists and producers considered the Polygon home at that time and he too recorded there - I assumed that his accounts were accurate. If not, I appologize...

I will also add that I was told that Anthony left because he wanted to concentrate on finishing his college education and settle down into a career beyond music. In other words, there was no bad blood, it was just his time to move on...

monarico4
02-27-2001, 04:55 PM
u spelled smarter wrong...sorry but i had to say it..lol..ps i do agree with u about the remakes and stuff killing freestyle..wheres the creativity? i even hate the tearshed remake....although i liked the sol remake of through the fire......

but let me just say that miguel reyes remade just once and it is beautiful..lol i just had to throw that in there

Rhoq
02-28-2001, 08:09 AM
Hey Monique...

I was typing so fast, that I must have over-looked it. Thanks for pointing it out, maybe I am not as smart as I thought I was, LOL

Kenny Guido
02-28-2001, 01:01 PM
I LIKE ADAM MARANO, TPE, AND COLLAGE. THEYS KOOL WIT ME!

monarico4
02-28-2001, 02:13 PM
SORRY RHOQ BUT I THOUGHT THAT WAS HYSTERICAL...LOL

poohpie66
02-28-2001, 03:26 PM
thank god we dont vote on wheter collage should make a greatest hits or not cuz i think i'd be afraid what the results would be.....i still think he's awesome........not as good as goerge lamond but he's good.....

Rhoq
03-01-2001, 05:17 AM
Well actually, Hot-JWP Music has a "BEST OF ADAM MARANO" compilation listed on their website. Should be interesting. To tell you the truth, I would probably buy it if 50% of it is new material/stuff that I don't already have...

djmongo1one
03-01-2001, 06:30 AM
Ok Ok I hear a lot of Collage bashing goin on here. I personally don't like a lot of Collage's work myself but I gotta give credit where credit is due. I mean cmon the guy put out so many singles and records. He produced and wrote and sang. I only like about 40-60% of his music. His first album I only liked Diana, Here We Go Again, and the street mix of Gangster of Love. But Collage was really the last person in the freestyle industry played out here in Boston on the radio.(can u believe that) The only other thing they play is Spring Love and I personally hate that song because it's so played out over here. Anyways, I think Collage isn't all that good but aslong as he puts out some good tracks I don't care if he lives next door or out in Europe. I just hope he never tries to sing in spanish ever again!

Pickles
03-01-2001, 04:19 PM
Have U peeps heard Adam Marano feat. Chris Phillips "IF WE NEVER SAY GOODBYE"..Yo have u heard it? ..what u peeps think about it huh?..I really think it's a TIGHT (as in GOOD) song.

Freestygal
03-02-2001, 05:46 AM
I have the Marano/Philips Freestyle The Next Generation cd and I love it. I think How Could You Love Me and If We Never Say Goodbye are 2 of the best new school freestyle songs.

Randi (FreestyleGal)

PS..I think Adam Marano is a very talented guy.

toni
04-11-2001, 04:51 AM
oh no could it be??? poohpie(great name) are u just a big of a lamond fan as i am??? ofcourse adam isnt as good as lamond...but anyway, why does he go under so many names??? why doesnt he stick to one group or just call himself adam morano

Arturo
04-13-2001, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by poohpie66
I love collage but it seems he's been hiding out for awhile....does anyone know what he's up to?

Chances are that he is looking for more songs to remake *LOL*

Rhoq
04-13-2001, 02:51 PM
Raacer Exx...

"Planet Rock" is more or else a style that does not necessarily mean that the song has to contain an authentic loop of the real
"Planet Rock" beat.

Both songs, "WHAT U DID 2 ME" and "CAN U SHOW ME" contain elements of the "Planet Rock" beat. Just because the songs do not utilize a sampled loop of the actual "Planet Rock" beat, doesn't mean the songs aren't Planet Rock Freestyle, especially in the case of Wiseguy Orchestra's "CAN U SHOW ME"...That song is 100% "Planet Rock" whether or not a loop was used.

Rockell's "WHAT U DID 2 ME" contains elements of the beat during the verses. I am not saying that it makes the song any less creative, but you did write:

"get your facts straight before you open up your mouth

the guy has 2 freestyle records that he wrote, that do not contain planet rock type loops, so go get your head out of your [email protected]# and wise up"

Rhoq
04-13-2001, 04:36 PM
Raacer Exx

I understand what you are saying completely. And yes I will agree that Adam is the currently the most successful producer in the Freestyle genre.

But like I said in my post -
"Planet Rock" is more or less a style that does not necessarily mean that the song has to contain an authentic loop of the real
"Planet Rock" beat.

I never once said that these songs sampled "Planet Rock" in a form. I only said that their drum programming is essentially similar (especially CAN U SHOW ME)...

how you could even imply that "what you did to me" is planet rock-ish

Quite easily - The drum programming behind the verse (Not the house style drums during the chorus and the rest of the song - the VERSE ONLY) is very "Planet Rock" in it's feel. You may disagree with that, but I am sure there are many others who will agree with me. None the less both songs are good and deserve to blow up all over the radio. I would really like to see WHAT U DID 2 ME become Rockell's signature song, it is definitely her strongest single release since I FELL IN LOVE.

bassy
04-16-2001, 01:59 AM
It has been mentioned that Chapter 3 is almost done!

Arturo
04-18-2001, 12:08 PM
First of all, when i said that chances are that Collage is looking for more songs to remake, i never said that it was a fact...all i said is that there is a probability, and given the fact that Collage has done many remakes in recent years, i'd say that the chances of him being currently looking for more songs to remake, are great.

Yes i am aware that Adam Marano wrote the song "What you did to me", but that song is not by Collage, it is by Rockell...and if you recall, this thread is not about Adam Marano. It is about Collage. Sure you might say that Adam Marano and Collage are one and the same, but even though he may be the same human being, he is 2 different characters...one being Adam Marano, the producer/songwriter, and the other being Collage the artist. When he wrote "What you did to me", he didn't write it as Collage, and likewise, when he recorded "Love of a Lifetime", he didn't record it as Adam Marano.

You say, he has 2 freestyle records that do not contain the Planet Rock beat, well that is totally irrelevant to the argument, since i never mentioned anything about the Planet Rock beat, in my previous post...all i said is that chances are that Collage is looking for more songs to remake...so with that said, i think it is clear that the only dumb statement, was yours, and you need to read what i post clearly, before you open your mouth, so "go get your head out of your [email protected]# and wise up"

Primax
05-10-2001, 03:12 PM
Milan Bass was not Adam, Milan Bass is Gino (Denine's husband).

Adam is not a mystery man, ask LEE ... he is her ex-boyfriend.

PRIMAX

Delicious,D
05-10-2001, 05:46 PM
Now, Am not a number one Fan of his work, but then again I really don't get fired up on Freestyle anymore!

This is just how I feel.

* , Does any one listen to the singing, or is it just the words you listen too?? If all you listen to is the words, then you have nothing to say on "SINGING" PAID ATT. Its the same voice, no matter what year it was recoded.

* (Music From The New Viper Comp) His new joint "Boyfriend / Girlfriend" BLOW up the request lines, and I remember most of the people in the Chatroom on Friday loved the song.

* Collage is now in the final mix down of his Up & coming album, the album has NO REMAKES and only one PLANET ROCK song, from what I was told.

Now, on the Planet Rock thing, I get hella BYE THE WEEK, of both Guys & Girls asking Me to play more songs with the Planet Rock sound. Now I hate it my damm self, Am into the Hard-core Latin Hip-Hop sound!

BUT YO, a REQUEST IS A REQUEST! thats how it is, and thats how I feel!

bassy
06-12-2001, 07:21 AM
This album has released in Germany. What's the word? Has anyone heard it yet?

ER THE FS CHILD
06-12-2001, 07:19 PM
WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT COLLAGE (ADAM) WAS SUCH A KEY FIGURE IN THE INDUSTRY?

RI Style
06-12-2001, 07:28 PM
I always knew that Anthony Monteleone and Adam Marano were both Collage but I assumed that the 2 two members equaled one Collage, not that the Collage was really just the name and there were two DIFFERENT lead singers at DIFFERENT times. This notwithstanding, Collage, and all the names associated with it, have helped keep Freestyle alive in the 1990's. How many songs as Adam produced?Whether many of them were garbage is not the point. What is important is that Adam produced quite a few VERY GOOD songs that moved Freestyle in new direction. So what if is he used Planet Rock like a cheap whore?LOL. At least it produced some quality freestyle. Adam can sing as well as anyone in the industry, new or old school. The Viper Millenium Compilation was indeed genrelly WEAK. However, to me, BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND is an instant classic....nuff said...Bri

MARKLUVZCYNTHIA
06-23-2001, 12:43 PM
im wit Law2k1....who gives a DAMN about collage! let's hope he stays on tha low for awhile longer. so we dont gotta hear that godawful off-key voice! i mean i think off-key vocals are hot on freestyle records if tha artist is doing it on purpose. but he does it on every single song! c'mon people! dont u get it! he's not doin it on purpose! HE JUST REALLY CANT SING!!!

ER THE FS CHILD
06-25-2001, 12:55 PM
AND THE WINNER IS.....