PDA

View Full Version : Making original tracks

crazydee
12-05-2001, 12:19 AM
sup, well, i'm tryin to go out and make some orginal tracks and stuff but don't really know what equipment i need to get. right now i got nuthin. well, i got mixers and a dual cd deck but not like a synth or anything. well, with a budget of around $5k what should i get?

DOS Records
12-29-2001, 02:44 PM
a korg triton rack and a supernova2 keyboard and a roland vs840 would give u a great start to make hot sh*t at around 4 grand

chrisz
12-29-2001, 06:32 PM
If you want to record it through computer, there is a program out there called "Music Maker."(or something like that) It's an inexpensive editing/recording program.

djsun1ny
02-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Before you go out and blow your wad, if you're going to work off your PC get a cheapie midi keyboard controller and download a couple of midi programs for free trial and see which one you're most comortable with before spending on a program that you don't entirely know how to work and not get what you want from it. There are also lots of sound modules you can get. Check out Acid @ www.sonicfoundry.com, Cakwalk, Stienberg, voyetra, and www.cnet.com. There you can find a variety of downloads. Also pick up electronic musician and check out what other people are using. Good Luck!

crazydee
04-25-2002, 10:43 PM
ok, how bout this. I got acid pro 3.0. fruity loops to make beats. and a motif as a synth. dont know how to integrate all of it yet. But I need some help on seeing how to put everything together. So can i import beats from fruity loops and sample stuff from my synth all into acid pro to make a song? well, how do peeps usually do it with the equipment and software i got?

SantanaTwins
05-02-2002, 02:14 PM
first.....Get a $150 Oxygen midi keyboard and a copy of Reason for $280. This will allow you to make basic beats on your computer and see if it's what you really want to do. Also...get a pair of monitors $300, the self powered Yamaha MSP3's. This will give you a better idea of the track then your basic computer speakers.

$ 730 total

if after you spend, this you want to get more into it....the above system can be incorporated into the following system.....

$ 300 Emagic Logic Audio program sequencer
$ 150 Emagic MT4 midi interface
$1500 Korg Triton
$ 250 Lexicon Core PCI Sound card
$ 200 Rode NT-1 Mic
$ 120 Art tube Mic pre
$ 400 Mackie VLZ-Pro
$ 300 Wires (Midi, speaker, audio cables and multiple plugs

for a grand total of
$3950

This is everything you will need to pump out tracks. Every base is covered. Vocals, music, sampling, mixing, and you have the piece of mind that if in the future you want to upgrade you can still keep all of the above pieces and not have to worry about trading in or up for at least 2 years.

djpapito
05-02-2002, 10:53 PM
If your planning on useing a PC, cut all the fat and invest on PRO TOOLS you wont regret it. The starting packege is around $799.
Any ?'s Holla 585-546-1134
djpapito peace Freestyler Fo LIFE.