PDA

View Full Version : which cd player and turntable???

crazydee
10-01-2001, 12:23 AM
what cd player should i get, a cdn-88 or an or an american dj proscratch1? both seem to offer lots of features. also, i was looking into the vestax turntables and the pdx-2000 looks pretty sweet to me. i havent actually used one but how do they compare to 1200's? and has anyone used there pdx-d3s? that thing costs a whole lot and just wondering if its worth the price.

Juan V
10-01-2001, 06:45 AM
i use the pdx-d3 there dope and yes there worth it i paid thoe not to much more then the tech i paid 550. a peace for them?...................my sellin my for info email me at [email protected]

but if your just startin out to be a dj dont go for 12" go for cd's man get the cdj-1000! now those are some dope cd turtables!.......pace

shadowman
10-01-2001, 11:22 AM
What I got is a pair of Gemini CDJ-10s (I am waiting for the CDJ-40 model to come out), and a pair of Gemini ><L 400-2

crazydee
10-02-2001, 12:03 AM
thanx for the imputs. man cdj-1000's is $$$$$$$$$$$, if i had the money i would but i dont so for now i wont. im gonna go get me them new vestax tables now, i'll e-mail u later bout the ones u have. still stumped on a cd player, im not familiar with the gemini cd players, the numark dual deck one seems real nice and i'll prob end up getting that one unless someone tells me of a better one. i like the numark cause its got the effects, beatmatch, loops, and all the other good stuff.

crazydee
10-02-2001, 02:33 AM
thanx for the imputs. man cdj-1000's is $$$$$$$$$$$, if i had the money i would but i dont so for now i wont. im gonna go get me them new vestax tables now, i'll e-mail u later bout the ones u have. still stumped on a cd player, im not familiar with the gemini cd players, the numark dual deck one seems real nice and i'll prob end up getting that one unless someone tells me of a better one. i like the numark cause its got the effects, beatmatch, loops, and all the other good stuff.

Juan V
10-02-2001, 06:17 PM
YEA THE CDJ-1000 DO COST THE BIG BUCKS! THEY DONT HAVE NO EFFECTS THERE JUST LIKE A TURNTABLE BUT BETTER! BUT YEA 1 CDJ-1000 COST THE SAME AS A GOOD TURNTABLE SET UP WITH TABLES NEEDLES AND A MIXER AND A GOOD BUNCH OF RECORDS....LOL......BUT O WELL THEY WILL BRING IT DOWN IN A FEW MONTHS!!.........PACE! EMAIL I GOT A GOOD PRICE ON THE PDX-D3'S!!!!!! WITH NEEDLES(OROTFON NIGHTCLUBS!!)!!......GOOD PRICE WITH CASES ALSO AND A MIXER MY OLD MIXER A PIONEER DJM-300

dj_mayhem
10-02-2001, 10:38 PM
I gotta throw my 2 cents in this one. I have the Numark CDN-88 and its da bomb...without a doubt!!! The CDJ-1000's are a whole other league of CD players...they are totally sick to the extreme degree!!!!
Depending on the party, I may still bring my Technics 12's to the show...otherwise it is strictly the CDN-88. About a month ago by buddy and I had a mix off with our close friends as the judges and they could not tell the differences between our mixes...he was using 1200's and a pioneer DJM-600 mixer for effects...I was using the CDN-88 and my trusty Numark DM1075 mixer of 12 years. We went back and forth mixing house, hip hop, reggae and freestyle for 3 hours...and I should have recorded that set.
The CDN-88 and a good mixer will save your back and your wallet in the long run.

Laterz...